Andrade released from WWE contract

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Andrade released from WWE contract

Post by cero2k » Mar 21st, '21, 20:42

ANDRADE RELEASED FROM WWE CONTRACT
source: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/andr ... act-336556

Andrade has been released from the WWE.

WWE confirmed the release this evening, writing on their website: “WWE has come to terms on the release of Andrade. We wish him all the best in all of his future endeavors.”

Andrade confirmed on March 18 that he had recently requested his release from the WWE, writing "The rumors are true and I don’t know what the future holds but I want to make my dreams come true. Thank you for giving me so much support these last days."

Earlier this afternoon, Andrade wrote on Twitter: “Good news!!!! Buenas noticias!!! #Tranquilo #Happy”

Andrade signed with the WWE in 2015, where he started out in NXT. He won the brand’s top title before moving to the main roster in 2018. One year into his run, he captured the United States title. He had not been on television since October, losing a match to former tag team partner Angel Garza and was left to be laid out by The Fiend.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Andrade released from WWE contract

Post by cero2k » Mar 22nd, '21, 10:17

***UPDATE***

ANDRADE'S WWE RELEASE DOESN'T INCLUDE NON-COMPETE CLAUSE
source: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/andr ... use-336591

Sources close to the situation confirm that Andrade's release from WWE does not include a 90-day non-compete, so he would be able to start taking dates immediately.

Andrade, 31, was released by WWE last night, six days after he went to Raw and requested his release. WWE officials at first turned down the request but earlier Sunday gave him the word that they would release him from his contract. WWE announced on Sunday night: "WWE has come to terms on the release of Andrade. We wish him all the best in all of his future endeavors."

Andrade, as La Sombra, was a main event star for years with CMLL where he held multiple World singles titles. He had trademarked the name La Sombra for use in the United States several months ago, which at the time indicated he was looking at life after WWE.

After having his release request granted, Andrade posted a tweet today thanking Paul "Triple H" Levesque, Paul Heyman, William Regal, and the fans for supporting him over the years. Andrade also thanked the talent that he worked with in WWE.

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 22nd, '21, 23:47

it also alleged that Charlotte basically gave WWE and ultimatum to release him and now she’s been taken off the Wrestlemania card as punishment.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 23rd, '21, 08:14

XIV wrote: Mar 22nd, '21, 23:47 it also alleged that Charlotte basically gave WWE and ultimatum to release him and now she’s been taken off the Wrestlemania card as punishment.
I read that too, but i find it hard to believe that they would risk pissing off Charlotte, she jumps to AEW and that one does make a difference

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 23rd, '21, 09:51

cero2k wrote: Mar 23rd, '21, 08:14
XIV wrote: Mar 22nd, '21, 23:47 it also alleged that Charlotte basically gave WWE and ultimatum to release him and now she’s been taken off the Wrestlemania card as punishment.
I read that too, but i find it hard to believe that they would risk pissing off Charlotte, she jumps to AEW and that one does make a difference
They would never let Charlotte go.

But the next contract negotiations could be interesting depending on where Andrade is and what transpires with Charlotte between now and then.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 23rd, '21, 15:31

XIV wrote: Mar 23rd, '21, 09:51

But the next contract negotiations could be interesting depending on where Andrade is and what transpires with Charlotte between now and then.
This.

The no-noncompete seems suspicious to me. I wonder if some sort of deal was struck to keep him away from AEW (I'm sure he'd be happy working some combo of CMLL/ROH/New Japan for good money).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 24th, '21, 13:53

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 23rd, '21, 15:31
XIV wrote: Mar 23rd, '21, 09:51

This.

The no-noncompete seems suspicious to me. I wonder if some sort of deal was struck to keep him away from AEW (I'm sure he'd be happy working some combo of CMLL/ROH/New Japan for good money).
“We’ll let Andrade have no compete, but no Wrestlemania for you Charlotte”
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 24th, '21, 16:53

I can easily make a pure booking case for Charlotte not being a Mania (Asuka vs. Ripley is the right match, so what are you going to do with Charlotte, anyway?), Not everything is revenge.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 24th, '21, 17:09

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 24th, '21, 16:53 I can easily make a pure booking case for Charlotte not being a Mania (Asuka vs. Ripley is the right match, so what are you going to do with Charlotte, anyway?), Not everything is revenge.
You have two days of WM, Charlotte doesn't have to be involved in a title match

either way, the news that Charlotte was out with positive Covid seems to be the reason why the wrote her off WM

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 24th, '21, 17:20

cero2k wrote: Mar 24th, '21, 17:09
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 24th, '21, 16:53 I can easily make a pure booking case for Charlotte not being a Mania (Asuka vs. Ripley is the right match, so what are you going to do with Charlotte, anyway?), Not everything is revenge.
You have two days of WM, Charlotte doesn't have to be involved in a title match

either way, the news that Charlotte was out with positive Covid seems to be the reason why the wrote her off WM
Oh, it's definitely because of COVID, but what I'm saying is that even if she is cleared tomorrow, there is no point in bringing her back with three weeks of build for some pointless, stupid little match against an undercard jabroni just so she can have a match at WrestleMania.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation