Kane and The Great Khali to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Kane and The Great Khali to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

Post by cero2k » Mar 24th, '21, 10:03

KANE AND THE GREAT KHALI TO BE INDUCTED INTO WWE HALL OF FAME
source: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/kane ... ame-336791

WWE has revealed two new members of their 2021 Hall of Fame class.

It was announced today that Kane and The Great Khali will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame over WrestleMania 37 week. The Hall of Fame ceremony is set for Tuesday, April 6. It will air on Peacock in the United States and on the WWE Network everywhere else.

Kane was a guest on this morning's episode of WWE's The Bump. During the segment, The Undertaker surprised Kane by appearing and announcing that Kane is being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. The announcement of Khali going into the Hall of Fame was made via a video from WWE Now India where Khali's former manager Ranjin Singh informed him of the news.

The Undertaker also tweeted: "@KaneWWE has been a brother to me on and off screen for over 25 years. Hardworking, loyal, and dedicated I was honored to be the one to announce he is the newest member of the #WWEHOF Class of 2021! #BrothersofDestruction"

Kane (real name Glenn Jacobs) most recently wrestled when he made an appearance as a surprise entrant in this year's men's Royal Rumble match. Jacobs is the current mayor of Knox County, Tennessee. Earlier this week, Jacobs announced that he'll be running for re-election to serve a second term as mayor.

Khali (Dalip Singh) last wrestled as an entrant in WWE's Greatest Royal Rumble match in Saudi Arabia in 2018.

With last year's ceremony having been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 and 2021 WWE Hall of Fame classes will both be inducted during this year's ceremony. Here's the updated list of announced members for the classes:

2020 Hall of Fame class --
The nWo (Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & Sean "X-Pac" Waltman)
Nikki & Brie Bella
JBL
British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith
Jushin Thunder Liger

2021 Hall of Fame class --
Molly Holly
Eric Bischoff
Kane
The Great Khali

Batista was originally set for the 2020 WWE Hall of Fame class, but he announced yesterday that he won't be able to take part in this year's ceremony and will instead be inducted in the future: "To the @WWEUniverse Unfortunately due to previous obligations I am unable to be a part of the @WWE #HOF this year. By my request they have agreed to induct me at a future ceremony where I’ll be able to properly thank the fans and people who made my career possible #DreamChaser"

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Kane and The Great Khali to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

Post by cero2k » Mar 24th, '21, 10:17

I hope it was Batista that asked to postpone, cuz dropping someone out just because they can't be there in person is shitty

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 24th, '21, 10:30

cero2k wrote: Mar 24th, '21, 10:17 I hope it was Batista that asked to postpone, cuz dropping someone out just because they can't be there in person is shitty
It doesn't bug me.
1) It's the WWE Hall of Fame, so it's irrelevant
2) There is no reason to believe that they won't just put him in next year.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 24th, '21, 10:51

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 24th, '21, 10:30
cero2k wrote: Mar 24th, '21, 10:17 I hope it was Batista that asked to postpone, cuz dropping someone out just because they can't be there in person is shitty
It doesn't bug me.
the irrelevancy makes it worse that someone would get taken out because they can't be there physically. like, who gives a fuck if he's there or he sends a video.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 24th, '21, 11:25

cero2k wrote: Mar 24th, '21, 10:51
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 24th, '21, 10:30
It doesn't bug me.
the irrelevancy makes it worse that someone would get taken out because they can't be there physically. like, who gives a fuck if he's there or he sends a video.
Fans. Batista is a big star for them, and fan will theoretically be disappointed if he isn't there.

Also, Batista being a big movie star, my guess is that they don't think they'll get any press if he just sends in a video.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 24th, '21, 12:28

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 24th, '21, 11:25
Fans. Batista is a big star for them, and fan will theoretically be disappointed if he isn't there.

Also, Batista being a big movie star, my guess is that they don't think they'll get any press if he just sends in a video.
well, there shouldn't be fans there either, but oh well.

this is the real reason

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 24th, '21, 22:31

Kane clearly deserves it. 20 something years of service, massive storylines, world titles reigns.

Khali is a head scratcher. I can safely say I don’t remember any singular Khali match or storyline, they’re all forgettable.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 25th, '21, 11:32

***UPDATE***

ROB VAN DAM TO BE INDUCTED INTO WWE HALL OF FAME
https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rob- ... ame-336921

First reported by Fightful and confirmed by Dave Meltzer on Wednesday's Wrestling Observer Radio, Rob Van Dam will soon be announced as an inductee into the 2021 WWE Hall of Fame class.

The 50-year-old rose to prominence in ECW before signing with WWE in 2001 as part of an ECW faction that was part of the WCW invasion angle. He spent the better part of the next six years in the company, winning the WWE Championship once, the Intercontinental title six times, the Hardcore title four times, the World Tag Team titles twice, the WWE Tag Team titles once, the European title once, and the revived ECW title once.

He is the fifteenth triple crown champion and seventh grand slam champion in WWE history.

He returned for a short run in 2013 before returning to the indies and an eventual second run in Impact Wrestling that ended last year. Van Dam held both the TV title and Tag Team titles in the original ECW and also is a former Impact World champion and X-Division champion.

He joins a class that includes Molly Holly, Eric Bischoff, Kane and The Great Khali. They will be inducted in a pre-taped ceremony that will air on Tuesday, April 6th, during WrestleMania week on WWE Network and Peacock. The 2020 class (the nWo, The Bellas, JBL, Davey Boy Smith, Jushin Thunder Liger) will also be inducted this year as last year's ceremony was canceled due to the pandemic.

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 25th, '21, 13:48

RVD?

For his ECW tenure maybe, but Christ they're continually scraping the barrel for this show.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 30th, '21, 09:10

I mean, sure ,why not whatever

WILLIAM SHATNER TO BE INDUCTED INTO WWE HALL OF FAME
source: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/will ... ame-337331

The 2021 WWE Hall of Fame will have a celebrity inductee as William Shatner will be part of this year's class.

He joins a class that includes Molly Holly, Eric Bischoff, Kane, The Great Khali and Rob Van Dam.

Known best for his roles on Star Trek, T.J. Hooker, Boston Legal, and various commercials, the 90-year-old has been involved with WWE since a 1995 episode of Raw. He made his debut on Jerry Lawler's talk show segment, getting physical with "The King" in giving him a monkey flip after things became heated.

The week after, he cornered fellow Canadian countryman Bret Hart in a Raw match against Jeff Jarrett and got physical again, this time with "Road Dogg" Jesse James. In 2010, he was the guest host for an episode of Raw.

Shatner inducted Lawler into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007.

The ceremony for both the 2020 and 2021 inductees is being filmed this week for air next Tuesday on WWE Network/Peacock as part of a week of activities for WrestleMania 37.