Kenny Dykstra announces retirement from in-ring wrestling

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Kenny Dykstra announces retirement from in-ring wrestling

Post by cero2k » Apr 20th, '21, 20:50

KENNY DYKSTRA ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM IN-RING WRESTLING
source: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/kenn ... ing-339226

Former WWE World Tag Team Champion Kenn Doane (formerly known as Kenny Dykstra) has announced his retirement from in-ring competition.

"I’ve decided to retire from in ring wrestling," the 35-year-old Doane tweeted on Tuesday morning. "When I started at 13 I thought I’d retire at 40. But smart investments overtime have allowed me to be done now. I’m in my prime, and that will go towards my family and being a father. Thanks to the fans who stuck by me."

Beyond Wrestling thanked Doane for the work he did for their promotion and wished him good luck going forward: "An unsung hero of Uncharted Territory. Thank you and good luck!"

Doane was trained by Killer Kowalski before signing with WWE developmental. Doane was a member of The Spirit Squad in WWE and held the World Tag Team titles as part of the group.

The Spirit Squad debuted on Raw in January 2006 and were disbanded in November of that year. Doane later had a singles run in WWE before being released in 2008.

In 2016, The Spirit Squad's Doane and Mike Mondo returned to WWE as part of The Miz's feud with their former Spirit Squad stablemate Dolph Ziggler but weren't signed to the company.

Doane and Mondo appeared in MLW's Battle Riot match in 2018 and wrestled for the promotion multiple times in 2019.