AEW's Tony Khan interested in talking to Bray Wyatt

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

AEW's Tony Khan interested in talking to Bray Wyatt

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 15th, '21, 14:55

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aews ... att-356271

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Oct 14, 2021 12:08 pm

AEW president and CEO Tony Khan is interested in talking to the former Bray Wyatt (Windham Rotunda) at the right time and place.

During an appearance on WFAN's Moose & Maggie earlier this week, Khan said he hasn't talked to Rotunda about signing with AEW. The New York Post followed up on that in an interview with Khan, asking him if that's a conversation he'd like to have when the timing is right for everyone.

"Yeah. I really like Windham (Rotunda). I know him a little bit and I really enjoy him," Khan said. "The last time I saw him was at Chris Jericho’s birthday party and that was a long time ago. I like him as a person very much and he’s a really talented person. At the right time and place, sure I’d be interested to talk to him. I’m interested to talk to him in general because he’s a great person."

Rotunda was released by WWE on July 31. His final match for WWE was at WrestleMania 37 this April, where he lost to Randy Orton.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: AEW's Tony Khan interested in talking to Bray Wyatt

Post by cero2k » Oct 16th, '21, 12:19

For every Fiend, there is also an NXT Bray Wyatt. I think it's worth talking to the guy and see what he can offer.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 16th, '21, 20:44

cero2k wrote: Oct 16th, '21, 12:19 For every Fiend, there is also an NXT Bray Wyatt. I think it's worth talking to the guy and see what he can offer.
I agree, but I don't think NXT Bray Wyatt is ever coming back. Too many people have latched onto the mystical bullsh*t. He knows where his bread is buttered (and that's not even factoring in whether he himself has a preference).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 17th, '21, 17:48

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 16th, '21, 20:44
cero2k wrote: Oct 16th, '21, 12:19 For every Fiend, there is also an NXT Bray Wyatt. I think it's worth talking to the guy and see what he can offer.
I agree, but I don't think NXT Bray Wyatt is ever coming back. Too many people have latched onto the mystical bullsh*t. He knows where his bread is buttered (and that's not even factoring in whether he himself has a preference).
He reminds me a lot of what they used to say about Russo, good mind IF and only IF you have someone to control and reel him back when he gets out of control.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 17th, '21, 19:39

cero2k wrote: Oct 17th, '21, 17:48
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 16th, '21, 20:44
He reminds me a lot of what they used to say about Russo, good mind IF and only IF you have someone to control and reel him back when he gets out of control.
I actually have him more in the same category as the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega (and, to a slightly lesser degree, Cody). He understands the elements that go into things, but doesn't know how to turn them into something coherent that works as an intelligent pro wrestling story.

Russo, to me, is more of someone who needs someone to come along and pick out the 1 good idea he has out of the pile of 999999 bad ones.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation