ROH Women's title tournament documentary to air this month

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

ROH Women's title tournament documentary to air this month

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 3rd, '22, 12:23

https://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/ro ... nth-364381

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Jan 3, 2022 9:45 am

A documentary on ROH's Women's World Championship tournament is set to premiere this month.

During Maria Kanellis-Bennett and Bobby Cruise's appearance on the latest episode of the ROH Strong podcast, it was announced that a documentary on last year's ROH Women's World Championship tournament will premiere on ROH TV the weekend of Saturday, January 15. Kanellis-Bennett said the documentary will also be uploaded to ROH's YouTube channel.

The documentary will give an inside look at how the participants prepared for the Women's title tournament, along with what led them to pro wrestling and what has made them the performers they are today.

The tournament concluded with Rok-C defeating Miranda Alize in the finals at Death Before Dishonor last September. In winning the tournament, Rok-C became the first-ever ROH Women's World Champion. The title replaced the old Women of Honor World Championship.

ROH is currently on hiatus for the first quarter of 2022 as it looks to "reimagine" the company. Rok-C retained her ROH Women's World title against Willow Nightingale at Final Battle in December. After that match, Deonna Purrazzo appeared and set up a matchup against Rok-C that will take place on the Thursday, January 13 episode of Impact Wrestling.

Rok-C took part in a WWE tryout last month.

Kanellis-Bennett also teased on the ROH Strong podcast that she has a couple more announcements that will be coming soon. "I have one other big announcement that I can't reveal right now," Kanellis-Bennett said. "But look for that in January. And then there is going to be a third announcement that Bobby [Cruise] and I will have together at some point. But that's about all the information that I'm willing to give on my end [laughs]."

Kanellis-Bennett and Cruise have worked together to book the ROH women's division.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3