Creative issues that led to Sasha Banks and Naomi walkout revealed

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Creative issues that led to Sasha Banks and Naomi walkout revealed

Post by Big Red Machine » May 20th, '22, 16:29

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2022/05/17 ... -revealed/

BY ZACK HEYDORN, PWTORCH ASSISTANT EDITOR

May 17, 2022
Wade Keller reports that Naomi and Sasha Banks had no issues with other talent in proposed six pack challenge

The creative issues that led to Sasha Banks and Naomi walking out of Monday Night Raw this week were rooted in their direction as a tag team and the direction of the WWE women’s division as a whole.

Fightful is reporting that recent creative pitches from Banks and Naomi were not green lit. The duo wanted to work with Doudrop and Nikki A.S.H at the Hell in a Cell PPV event for the Women’s Tag Team Championship. Banks and Naomi reportedly pitched that Doudrop and Nikki A.S.H. interfere in the Naomi vs. Bianca Belair match that WWE officials wanted at Hell in a Cell, but that pitch was shot down too.

The report indicates that the WWE wanted to to go with Naomi vs. Belair for the Raw Women’s Championship and Sasha Banks vs. Ronda Rousey for the Smackdown Women’s Championship at Hell in a Cell.

WWE released a statement Monday night that confirmed the walkout and revealed that Banks and Naomi didn’t want to work with certain talent in the match because they were unsafe. WWE apologized for not being able to deliver on the advertised main event.

Banks and Naomi have been the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions since WrestleMania 38. They joined together as a team in the weeks leading up WrestleMania, but also have history together and were a team upon Banks’ arrival to the WWE main roster in 2015.

UPDATE:

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2022/05/20 ... and-naomi/
BY ZACK HEYDORN, PWTORCH ASSISTANT EDITOR

May 20, 2022
Sasha Banks and Naomi Smackdown status

WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions, Sasha Banks & Naomi, are not currently present at Friday’s Smackdown event in Grand Rapids, MI.

PWInsider is reporting that while Naomi’s husband, Jimmy Uso, made the trip to Michigan for Smackdown, Naomi did not. The report also indicated that Sasha Banks was seen on a flight from Minnesota to Orlando, FL.

Banks and Naomi walked out on WWE during this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw. banks and Naomi were scheduled to wrestle in the main event of the show, which was a six pack challenge match to crown a number one contender for Bianca Belair’s Raw Women’s Championship at Hell in a Cell.

Banks and Naomi reportedly were not happy with the Raw creative even though it resulted in Naomi winning the match and securing the championship opportunity. WWE released a statement detailing the situation and called out that Banks and Belair didn’t feel comfortable working with the other women in the match. Doudrop, Becky Lynch, Nikki A.S.H, and Asuka were the other competitors.

Naomi is currently in the midst of discussing a new contract with WWE. She and Banks started teaming together before WrestleMania 38 . At WrestleMania Banks and Naomi won the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: Creative issues that led to Sasha Banks and Naomi walkout revealed

Post by KILLdozer » May 22nd, '22, 12:01

So we're really gonna act like this is real? Pretty sure they've worked with all of those women before and had no problem with them being "unsafe". I mean Cole even mentioned it on SD, which I don't think he would have if it was such a huge behind the scenes thing.

One thing I will say is "both tag champions lose to the respective women's champions" does sound like a bad deal lmao.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 22nd, '22, 14:45

It's a shoot.

The "felt those women were unsafe" bit is supposedly WWE bullsh*t.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 22nd, '22, 23:34

Then why are they constantly bringing it up on television, instead of doing, as quickly as possible, damage control, classic WWE style to sweep it under the rug? They NEVER mention this kind of shit on TV.

I mean, I definitely see the possibilities of it and prospects, but this just seems different to me.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 23rd, '22, 07:14

KILLdozer wrote: May 22nd, '22, 23:34 Then why are they constantly bringing it up on television, instead of doing, as quickly as possible, damage control, classic WWE style to sweep it under the rug? They NEVER mention this kind of shit on TV.

I mean, I definitely see the possibilities of it and prospects, but this just seems different to me.
It is different. This has never happened before that people walked DURING a show. Punk and Austin did it before a show.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 23rd, '22, 12:52

So all this being said...who do we see as the plan going forward for the new tag champions?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 23rd, '22, 12:52

...Nikki and Doudrop. 💡

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 23rd, '22, 13:05

KILLdozer wrote: May 23rd, '22, 12:52 ...Nikki and Doudrop. 💡
Yeah.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation