Sonjay Dutt reveals why he left WWE for AEW

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
XIV

Sonjay Dutt reveals why he left WWE for AEW

Post by XIV » Jul 17th, '22, 05:40

During the latest edition of the “AEW Unrestricted” podcast, Sonjay Dutt commented on the reason why he decided to jump ship from WWE to AEW, what his current backstage role in AEW is, and more.

You can check out some highlights from the podcast below:

On his decision to leave WWE to join AEW: “Let’s just put it like this. My previous employer where I worked previously, I kind of didn’t see Sonjay Dutt fitting in with the future of that company. So I made the moves that I needed to make to feel fulfilled professionally once again. Everything kind of happens for a reason, and everything kind of worked out. Coincidentally, next week will be one year since I joined AEW. At the beginning, when you quit a job, it’s a bit taxing mentally, trying to figure out ‘did I make the right decision?’ I’ve got a wife and I’ve got kids. But I will say this, every single day in the past year since I’ve been in AEW, I realize I made the right decision. Absolutely.”

On his current backstage role in AEW: “No two days are the same. You don’t know what is gonna hit you. Stuff is gonna happen during the week and it’ll kind of spill into TV days. I’ll get to TV, and you start right away. Maybe I’ll get in one meal on a TV day, which is good. If I get one meal, I’m good. I’m rocking and rolling. There’s a lot of stuff that needs to be done producing backstage segments, matches, and helping out Tony [Khan] with whatever he may need. So I guess I wear a lot of hats. So it’s very hard to kind of define my day.”

On his approach to producing referees: “I’ve been a producer, coaching matches, producing matches for five plus years now. I hate when some producers and coaches will just get on the headset and yell and scream at the ref because I know that nothing’s your fault as the ref. You are relaying, you are the messenger. I just want to make clear any time I do raise my voice in the headset that I mean no ill will towards any of the referees. You guys are f*cking rockstars. We couldn’t do any of this without you guys. And I just want to make clear, ‘Look, I’m sorry if I yell because that earpiece is very tight in that ear and I don’t want to burst an eardrum.’”

Source: https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/son ... o-aew-more
Have A Nice Day!