WWE NXT's Amari Miller apologizes for Sasha Banks tweets

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE NXT's Amari Miller apologizes for Sasha Banks tweets

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 12th, '22, 00:40

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/nxt/wwe- ... nks-tweets

Miller drew criticism for saying Banks wasn't the first African-American NXT women's champ.

Joseph Currier
13 hours ago

After receiving criticism from fans, NXT wrestler Amari Miller has apologized for tweets that she made about Sasha Banks.

Miller posted a tweet on Wednesday crediting Ember Moon with being the "first and only" African-American NXT Women's Champion. Miller wrote that her goal in NXT is to become the second.

When it was pointed out that Banks was NXT Women's Champion before Moon, Miller tweeted: "For everyone on Twitter Fully Black NXT champion(Ember Moon). Im aware what I posted. Sasha is great and legendary for sure let's never forget!"

Miller also posted a reply to someone where she wrote that Banks is "German and black" but not African-American.

Miller temporarily deactivated her account after receiving backlash for the tweets. On Thursday, Miller returned to Twitter and issued an apology, writing that she "meant something super well and it came across horribly."
I didn’t mean bad intentions with what I had said but I do want to apologize. I meant something super well and it came across horribly. I want to sincerely apologize to everyone.

I also have to understand that posting on a social media platform can sound one way to me, as I’m typing and can come across totally different but that’s lessons learned for sure. People make mistakes and people grow and that is exactly what this experience was for me.
Miller (real name Camron Clay) signed with WWE as part of the group of recruits that reported to the Performance Center in February 2021. She's made appearances on NXT and NXT Level Up.

Banks and her tag team partner Naomi have been gone from WWE programming since walking out of Raw this May, but it was reported earlier this month that they've reached a deal to return.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3