AEW's Tony Khan says WWE 'has been doing better shows recently'

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

AEW's Tony Khan says WWE 'has been doing better shows recently'

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 12th, '22, 00:46

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/aews ... s-recently

Khan was asked about WWE's recent management changes.

Ian Carey
15 hours ago

Tony Khan believes WWE has been putting on better shows recently.

The AEW President was interviewed by DAZN and noted that if lapsed fans are returning to watch WWE at the moment, it stands to benefit his company as well.

"If you like good wrestling, you're just more likely to want to see it because our competitor has been doing better shows recently than they had been doing, I think," Khan said. "I watch them pretty often, and I think they've been better. It seems like that's the consensus among people who watch them. I do think in general, if it's gonna get more people watching wrestling, that's probably not gonna hurt any wrestling company. And we stand to gain the most in many ways because if you're a big wrestling fan, and if you've been away and you like good wrestling, you might be saying, ‘Where are Chris Jericho and Bryan Danielson? CM Punk’s back?'"

"I think if you're a fan of good wrestling, it'd be a great time to step back in and check it out because right now, there's a lot of good wrestling on TV, including Wednesdays on TBS and Fridays on TNT."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: AEW's Tony Khan says WWE 'has been doing better shows recently'

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 12th, '22, 00:48

In other news, police are investigating the disappearance of a Mr. Tony Khan of Jacksonville, FL, as they believe he has been kidnapped and replaced by an imposter. They became alarmed after getting calls from several co-workers of Mr. Khan, saying that he was suddenly acting different and had inexplicably learned how to become diplomatic when doing media interviews.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3