Tony Khan: I Thought Triple H, Stephanie & I Were Friends

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
XIV

Tony Khan: I Thought Triple H, Stephanie & I Were Friends

Post by XIV » Oct 8th, '22, 03:34

AEW President Tony Khan has said he felt like he, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon were friends, but isn’t so sure anymore.

Khan founded AEW in 2019, and has been in competition with WWE ever since.

In July, McMahon was appointed CEO of WWE following the retirement of Vince McMahon, and Triple H was appointed Head of Talent and Creative.

Speaking to Ariel Helwani, Khan spoke about his relationship with WWE’s resident power couple.

“I thought we were friends actually. I think we used to be friends… I was not a competitor at all. I was in football. [Now?] I haven’t seen them in a long time, but I wish them the best.”

Years before founding AEW, Khan was the guest of honor for a WWE Live event in Jacksonville, Florida.

Source: https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/ton ... re-friends
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Re: Tony Khan: I Thought Triple H, Stephanie & I Were Friends

Post by XIV » Oct 8th, '22, 03:41

I mean, if I ran a competitor company that constantly allowed its employees to make digs about my friend's company to our joint customers. I don't think we'd be considered friends for very long.
Have A Nice Day!

Thelone

Re: Tony Khan: I Thought Triple H, Stephanie & I Were Friends

Post by Thelone » Oct 8th, '22, 10:58

Is he seriously basing this supposed friendship on some random house show in Jacksonville he was a guest of honor for (I wonder why...)? This is beyond sad and pathetic if that's genuinely what he thinks.