Road Dogg says Billy Gunn texted ‘I’m in’ for WWE DX reunion, not happy he wasn’t there

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Road Dogg says Billy Gunn texted ‘I’m in’ for WWE DX reunion, not happy he wasn’t there

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 19th, '22, 22:17

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/road ... asnt-there

Billy Gunn thought he would be part of the faction's 25-year Anniversary.

Ian Carey
11 hours ago

Billy Gunn believed he would be part of D-Generation X's 25-year anniversary in WWE.

Triple H, Shawn Michaels, X-Pac, and Road Dogg closed out the October 10, 2022 episode of WWE Raw celebrating the Hall-of-Fame faction. AEW's Billy Gunn was not in attendance, however, and according to comments made by Road Dogg on his 'Oh... You Didn't Know' podcast, he wasn't happy about it.

"It broke my heart, and I believe it broke his too," Road Dogg said. "In all actuality, Hunter was not happy about it either. Shawn and X-Pac weren't either. We wanted the band, all that we could get back together. Chyna is there in spirit. That didn't happen. From what I understand, and I'm not in those inner circles anymore, and for my sanity rightfully so and thankful. I don't know the exact reason, but I was told everything that we could do was done, and we couldn't come together."

"During the day prior, I texted him, 'Hey, are you going to be able to make it? Have you found out any answers yet?' He said, 'Yes, I'm in.' I was like, 'Oh my God, that's awesome.' Literally, before I landed at home, I found out he was not in. I texted him back and he wasn't happy either. It just didn't work, no matter what. I understand. Whatever. I understand we're [AEW and WWE] not huge fans of each other from a business standpoint. It was a big deal, and I feel like he got ripped off and didn't live it with us. I'm sorry for that. I know he is too," he said.

Billy Gunn and Road Dogg officially joined D-Generation X on the Raw after WrestleMania in 1998. Sean "X-Pac" Waltman returned to WWE on the same day and also joined the faction.

H/T to Fightful for the above transcriptions.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Road Dogg says Billy Gunn texted ‘I’m in’ for WWE DX reunion, not happy he wasn’t there

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 19th, '22, 22:18

If he really thought Tony would let him show up, he's a moron.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Re: Road Dogg says Billy Gunn texted ‘I’m in’ for WWE DX reunion, not happy he wasn’t there

Post by XIV » Oct 20th, '22, 15:04

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 22:18 If he really thought Tony would let him show up, he's a moron.
In fairness, Tony allowed Jericho & Danielson to make small recent videos for WWE television, so not unheard of.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 20th, '22, 15:57

XIV wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 15:04
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 22:18 If he really thought Tony would let him show up, he's a moron.
In fairness, Tony allowed Jericho & Danielson to make small recent videos for WWE television, so not unheard of.
Ah. I didn’t realize this.

Stuff actually on TV, or just talking heads for a Network doc?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Oct 20th, '22, 16:12

I wanna say it was for Cena's "20 years in WWE" celebration in a video package, but they also did one for Rey not long ago so I might be mixing them up.

XIV

Post by XIV » Oct 21st, '22, 10:28

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 15:57
XIV wrote: Oct 20th, '22, 15:04
Ah. I didn’t realize this.

Stuff actually on TV, or just talking heads for a Network doc?
As Thelone said, it was some snippets for the Cena 25th anniversary "Raw" or whatever show it was. So they were showcased on their "prime" show talking about John Cena. So it isn't entirely unreasonable to think that they could do business again... however... last time Billy Gunn appeared with DX, Triple H did make a rather disrespectful "Vince will buy that piss ant company you work for" jibe, so I can see why Tony would say no.
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Oct 21st, '22, 12:25

Well.. Uncle Dave appears to clear this up...
Dave Meltzer reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that AEW President Tony Khan had agreed to let Gunn appear on the show but requested that WWE mention him working for AEW live on the air, which WWE ultimately denied.

He wrote: “Khan agreed to let him do to the show but on the air they would have to mention he’s from AEW, or that AEW allowed him to appear or some wording, but there had to be one mention that in some form he works for AEW, just as WWE already did when they got Mickie James for the Royal Rumble this past year. WWE stalled on the yes or no, and then at the last minute would not agree to it.
Have A Nice Day!