Colt Cabana reportedly not returning to AEW full time

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Colt Cabana reportedly not returning to AEW full time

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '22, 13:12

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2022/11/04 ... full-time/

BY ZACK HEYDORN, PWTORCH ASSISTANT EDITOR

November 4, 2022

Colt Cabana returned to AEW television on Dynamite this week and challenged Chris Jericho for the ROH World Championship, but he reportedly will not be returning to the company on a full-time basis.

PWInsider is reporting that Cabana’s match with Jericho is being looked at as a one off match and not a permanent return. Cabana was a central figure in the CM Punk All Out media scrum tirade that led to a brawl between Punk and The Elite, as well as the suspensions of The Elite. CM Punk’s status with AEW is unknown at this time, though Punk has been off television since winning the AEW World Championship at All Out due to injury.

Colt Cabana is a staple ROH act and has held various ROH titles throughout his tenure with the company.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: Colt Cabana reportedly not returning to AEW full time

Post by XIV » Nov 8th, '22, 08:57

Good.

Colt Cabana is fucking awful.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 8th, '22, 09:35

XIV wrote: Nov 8th, '22, 08:57 Good.

I don't think that's fair. He's very good, and can be valuable when used in the right way. Gabe was excellent at this.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Nov 8th, '22, 10:14

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 8th, '22, 09:35

I don't think that's fair. He's very good, and can be valuable when used in the right way. Gabe was excellent at this.
But Gabe isn't there.

I just think he's done too much to hurt the business. Everything from his smiling face to some of the joke wrestling he's done and his bullshit "superman pin" just aren't for me! Ultimately, he's not going to "move the needle" or make anybody pay to see him.

The show didn't miss him and isn't better for him being on it.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 9th, '22, 01:47

XIV wrote: Nov 8th, '22, 10:14

But Gabe isn't there.

I just think he's done too much to hurt the business. Everything from his smiling face to some of the joke wrestling he's done and his bullshit "superman pin" just aren't for me! Ultimately, he's not going to "move the needle" or make anybody pay to see him.

The Superman Pin, I think, depends on how it is sold by the person taking it.
That being said, nothing else you've said is wrong. He's not going to make anyone pay to see him and he won't move the needle on his own, but he's the sort of guy who because of his history, when used in the right spot in the right story can make the story work better than using someone else in that spot would, or even just using him in that spot is the sort of thing that turns an A into an A+ (or a C into a C+). He's a good tool to have in your toolbox, the same way I would view Nick Gage.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Nov 9th, '22, 02:18

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 01:47

But Gabe isn't there.

That being said, nothing else you've said is wrong. He's not going to make anyone pay to see him and he won't move the needle on his own, but he's the sort of guy who because of his history, when used in the right spot in the right story can make the story work better than using someone else in that spot would, or even just using him in that spot is the sort of thing that turns an A into an A+ (or a C into a C+). He's a good tool to have in your toolbox, the same way I would view Nick Gage.
If he's used in an "enhancement" role, then it's fine and he's no more or less offensive on the show than QT Marshall.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 9th, '22, 11:29

XIV wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 02:18

But Gabe isn't there.

If he's used in an "enhancement" role, then it's fine and he's no more or less offensive on the show than QT Marshall.
I think he's his own category of jobber to the stars where it's nor just whatever credibility he has that can be exploited, but a specific (kayfabe) personal history as well thatcis meaningful to many fans that makes him more valuable than anyone else who fits the description you gave.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Nov 10th, '22, 14:35

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 11:29
XIV wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 02:18

I think he's his own category of jobber to the stars where it's nor just whatever credibility he has that can be exploited, but a specific (kayfabe) personal history as well thatcis meaningful to many fans that makes him more valuable than anyone else who fits the description you gave.
If that was his role, then I’d have no issue with him.
Have A Nice Day!