Nick Aldis says he has given NWA his notice

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Nick Aldis says he has given NWA his notice

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 7th, '22, 00:16

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/other-wr ... to-the-nwa

The two-time champion has apparently had enough of the company's creative direction.

Josh Nason
4 hours ago

In a now-deleted video, former two-time NWA World Champion Nick Aldis posted on Instagram Sunday that he has given his notice to the NWA.

According to those who saw the video, Aldis said he and NWA owner William Corgan have their differences and that the organization has got so embarrassing that he can't be a part of it any longer.

PWInsider reported that his deal is set to expire in January 2023 and that the issues between the two are legitimate due to the creative direction of the company.

Aldis, who has been with the company since 2017, is set to take on Odinson as part of Saturday's Hard Times 3 pay-per-view in New Orleans, Louisiana, making the timing of the video noteworthy.

The 36-year-old was set to face NWA World Champion Trevor Murdoch at NWA 74 earlier this year, but was replaced by Tyrus. At the time, Corgan accused Aldis of politicking behind the scenes and that "no one stresses me out more in the NWA than Nick Aldis, no one is more highly paid than Nick Aldis and no one is more unhappy than Nick Aldis."

Aldis still appeared at the two-night NWA 74 event against Flip Gordon and also was allowed to cut a promo.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: Nick Aldis says he has given NWA his notice

Post by XIV » Nov 8th, '22, 08:57

I can see Nick Aldis' point here. When they were resurfacing in 2019 with the Youtube show and other things, the direction looked good, Nick Aldis was at the front of it was NWA Champion and it was going well, but then they just stalled and stuck exactly as they are.

If I'm Nick, I'm at my prime and WWE has new creative and AEW exists. He could be a feasible champion in either company with the right booking and make a lot more money than he has been. So yeah, I'd give my notice too.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Re: Nick Aldis says he has given NWA his notice

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 8th, '22, 09:36

Not just a spot on either roster, if he gets his foot in the door, there should be a nice, long commentary career ahead of him after he retires.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3