Latest news on Miro in AEW

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Latest news on Miro in AEW

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 9th, '22, 14:21

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2022/12/09 ... ro-in-aew/

BY ZACK HEYDORN, PWTORCH ASSISTANT EDITOR

December 9, 2022

Miro is healthy and ready to return to in-ring action for AEW, but has not been able to settle on creative direction with the company.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Miro is healthy and able to return and that creative plans were put in front of him in September and would have lasted through Full Gear. The report indicates that Miro did not like the creative plans and turned them down. Instead of tossing Miro on television without a concrete reason, the choice was made to keep him away from TV until final creative plans were made and agreed to.

Yesterday, Fightful reported that Miro was healthy and ready to return, but that he had not received creative plans from AEW at all.

Miro is a former AEW TNT Champion. He’s been away from AEW Dynamite for a multitude of different reasons including injuries, other acting gigs, and more. He debuted for the company in 2020 after being released from his WWE contract.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: Latest news on Miro in AEW

Post by XIV » Dec 13th, '22, 08:11

I can see why this would be a sticking point. He spent the first amount of months being Kip Sabian's "best man" in pink Disney shirts, them his whole "god hating" thing came to nothing. So, I can see why he'd want clear direction.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 13th, '22, 09:21

XIV wrote: Dec 13th, '22, 08:11 I can see why this would be a sticking point. He spent the first amount of months being Kip Sabian's "best man" in pink Disney shirts, them his whole "god hating" thing came to nothing. So, I can see why he'd want clear direction.
I don't quite think saying that the "God-hating thing came to nothing" is quite fair. It has done an effective job of giving the character a sense of danger and volatility by making him feel unhinged in a way that is different from the "I am mean and turned on my friend" heel he had previously been.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 13th, '22, 09:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 13th, '22, 09:21
XIV wrote: Dec 13th, '22, 08:11 I can see why this would be a sticking point. He spent the first amount of months being Kip Sabian's "best man" in pink Disney shirts, them his whole "god hating" thing came to nothing. So, I can see why he'd want clear direction.
I don't quite think saying that the "God-hating thing came to nothing" is quite fair. It has done an effective job of giving the character a sense of danger and volatility by making him feel unhinged in a way that is different from the "I am mean and turned on my friend" heel he had previously been.
But did he deliver on a single thing he said? It was just more mumbo-jumbo like the Malakai Black or Bray Wyatt stuff where no-one really has a clue what you're talking about and you don't really deliver on what you say.
Have A Nice Day!