Sting has plotted career ‘endgame,’ Darby Allin will be part of it

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Sting has plotted career ‘endgame,’ Darby Allin will be part of it

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 30th, '22, 00:17

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/stin ... part-of-it

Ian Carey
13 hours ago

Sting says he has an idea of what he would like to do with the remainder of his career but is keeping his cards close to his chest. 

The 63-year-old took part in an in-depth interview with The Ringer released on Thursday. During the discussion, he spoke about having "plotted out his endgame."

Sting said: 

“Well, I know Darby [Allin] is going to be a part of it for sure. I won’t have a singles match at this point. Darby will be along with me and I’ll be along with him and we can add more to it as far as I’m concerned. But I have a few people [in mind] and I really don’t want to say now.”

Sting would continue to say he wants to leave a lasting and positive memory in the minds of fans as he approaches the end of his career. 

“I want them to just be left with a memory that they’ll never forget, a good positive memory. I want fans to be thoroughly entertained and just having a good time and reminiscing with me. As history begins to come to an end, as the last wave comes into shore, I want to ride it with all those who want to come on with me. Absolutely.”

Sting also spoke about what the future may hold for Darby:

“For Darby, there is life beyond wrestling as well,” Sting explains. “He’s a very creative guy and he’s got ties with some pretty influential people all over the country. I believe that if he stays in the wrestling industry, if he stays here with the AEW, that eventually he’ll have some sort of creative control and some sort of leadership role where he’s coordinating. I believe that he has the ability to do something in film. Anything that has to do with art, anything that has to do with risking your life, he’s going to do. This guy is jumping off bridges 100 feet high. He’s jumping over houses with cars. He has [an] interest in skateboarding. He loves to just be out and about and rubbing shoulders with people that love to experience life to its fullest.”
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: Sting has plotted career ‘endgame,’ Darby Allin will be part of it

Post by XIV » Dec 30th, '22, 03:28

I always expected a turn and Sting putting Darby over in one last match, looks like Sting doesn't plan it that way. Which I do get, you can't make Darby a heel because people root for him because of his size and his work style (underdog who literally throws his body at you to get the job done) and you can't make Sting a heel at this point on his way out because people will always cheer him.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '23, 18:59

XIV wrote: Dec 30th, '22, 03:28 I always expected a turn and Sting putting Darby over in one last match, looks like Sting doesn't plan it that way. Which I do get, you can't make Darby a heel because people root for him because of his size and his work style (underdog who literally throws his body at you to get the job done) and you can't make Sting a heel at this point on his way out because people will always cheer him.
They could always go the Flair/HBK route, but truth be told, idk if Sting retiring in a singles match is a great idea, performance wise

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 12th, '23, 00:40

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '23, 18:59
XIV wrote: Dec 30th, '22, 03:28 I always expected a turn and Sting putting Darby over in one last match, looks like Sting doesn't plan it that way. Which I do get, you can't make Darby a heel because people root for him because of his size and his work style (underdog who literally throws his body at you to get the job done) and you can't make Sting a heel at this point on his way out because people will always cheer him.
They could always go the Flair/HBK route, but truth be told, idk if Sting retiring in a singles match is a great idea, performance wise
You’re probably right.

I think they have to let FTR do it in a tag, no one appreciates wrestling of Sting prime era like FTR, I think they could genuinely work a solid match over it and protect a 60+ year old in a match of that magnitude.

Have Flair do a one shot in FTR’s corner for it as well.

Flair pulls the leg to distract Sting for the finish.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 12th, '23, 01:30

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '23, 18:59
Maybe they could do it as a cinematic, but that's about it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

SONICdopeFRESH

Post by SONICdopeFRESH » Jan 25th, '23, 00:32

STING GOAT
Booker T: "HIP BONE CONNECTED TO THE LEG BONE!!!" ...... Cole: "WHAAAAT?"