Stephanie McMahon resigns as WWE co-CEO, Vince McMahon named executive chairman

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Stephanie McMahon resigns as WWE co-CEO, Vince McMahon named executive chairman

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '23, 22:02

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/step ... e-chairman

Bryan Rose
3 hours ago

Stephanie McMahon has resigned from WWE, and Vince McMahon has been named executive chairman.

In a statement posted to Twitter, McMahon confirmed her resignation from WWE on Tuesday afternoon. In her letter, she stated that Nick Khan will become the sole CEO of WWE and Paul Levesque will remain Chief Content Officer. Soon after McMahon announced her resignation, WWE announced in a press release that WWE’s board of Directors had unanimously voted Vince McMahon as executive chairman of the board.

“WWE is in such a strong position, that I have decided to return to my leave and take it one step further with my official resignation,” Stephanie wrote in her statement. “I look forward to cheering on WWE from the other side of the business, where I started when I was a little kid, as a pure fan. I will always remain dedicated to WWE. I truly love our company, our Superstars, our fans, and our employees.”

“First, I’d like to express my full support for Stephanie’s personal decision," Vince McMahon is quoted as saying in WWE's press release. "I’ll forever be grateful that she offered to step in during my absence and I’m truly proud of the job she did co-leading WWE. Stephanie has always been the ultimate ambassador for our company, and her decades of contributions have left an immeasurable impact on our brand."

“Stephanie McMahon is a terrific executive and an even better person. It has been an honor to serve as Co-CEO with her. She will only continue to succeed,” Khan is quoted as saying. “I’m grateful to Vince McMahon and our Board of Directors for their ongoing support. I look forward to continuing to work closely with them and my WWE colleagues to ensure our company may thrive as the premiere powerhouse in sports entertainment for years to come.”

The shake-ups come as Vince McMahon on Friday returned to WWE by removing three members of WWE’s Board of Directors and inserting himself, George Barrios, and Michelle Wilson as new members of the board, with two other members of WWE’s board resigning upon the news. He had originally attempted to return in December, with WWE's Board of Directors at the time unanimously voting against a return.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: Stephanie McMahon resigns as WWE co-CEO, Vince McMahon named executive chairman

Post by XIV » Jan 11th, '23, 11:30

Because the Saudis won’t buy a company where a woman is in charge?
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Re: Stephanie McMahon resigns as WWE co-CEO, Vince McMahon named executive chairman

Post by XIV » Jan 11th, '23, 13:47

This is escalating by the minute, Scott Fellows is suing Vince McMahon for illegally taking back control!
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '23, 18:05

This is getting interesting. While not confirmed, a sell to SA could completely shift the biz, it opens up soo many questions

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '23, 18:48

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '23, 18:05 This is getting interesting. While not confirmed, a sell to SA could completely shift the biz, it opens up soo many questions
They're not selling to the Saudis unless the Saudis offer something totally insane, and they won't because WWE's value to the Saudis is it being owned by Americans who are happy to do business with them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '23, 18:53

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 11th, '23, 18:48
They're not selling to the Saudis unless the Saudis offer something totally insane, and they won't because WWE's value to the Saudis is it being owned by Americans who are happy to do business with them.
If McMahon managed to keep them on USA and FOX, the Saudis could gain weekly live propaganda on US tv. Idk how much of that is worth to them

I personally don't think they're selling to the SA either, but it's interesting that the idea/rumor has been flowing around a lot

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '23, 19:59

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '23, 18:53
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 11th, '23, 18:48
If McMahon managed to keep them on USA and FOX, the Saudis could gain weekly live propaganda on US tv. Idk how much of that is worth to them

I personally don't think they're selling to the SA either, but it's interesting that the idea/rumor has been flowing around a lot

Fox and USA wouldn't take them if they were owned by the Saudis. I don't see anyone other than Fox or USA buying them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '23, 22:09

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 11th, '23, 19:59
Fox and USA wouldn't take them if they were owned by the Saudis. I don't see anyone other than Fox or USA buying them.
That's what I'd assume, but that's also Vince's only value at this point too.

Other names that have come up are Endeavor (already own UFC), and Disney, but I think the latter is just people thinking Disney owns everything

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 12th, '23, 00:43

If WWE does sell to the Saudis, any self respecting female is going to leave the company immediately, followed by Zayn, then Owens, then anyone with any religious or ethical beliefs that clash with the Saudis.

It would be a massive mistake, but who else has mad money to put into this?

Time for The Rock to put together another conglomerate.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 12th, '23, 01:34

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '23, 22:09
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 11th, '23, 19:59
That's what I'd assume, but that's also Vince's only value at this point too.

Other names that have come up are Endeavor (already own UFC), and Disney, but I think the latter is just people thinking Disney owns everything
That's my read on the Disney thing, too. Why would Disney spend money on WWE when they already have Marvel and Star Wars as cash-cows in many different spheres? I just don't see how buying WWE could possibly be a better use of that money at this point.

Maybe CBS/Paramount? Do they own anything big other than Star Trek?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation