Rey Mysterio injured on WWE SmackDown, pulled from Royal Rumble

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Rey Mysterio injured on WWE SmackDown, pulled from Royal Rumble

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '23, 12:28

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/rey- ... yal-rumble

Ian Carey
Jan 29, 2023

An injury prevented Rey Mysterio from taking part in the Royal Rumble.

Mysterio was announced as the 17th entrant but never did make his way to the ring when his music played. His son Dominik entered at #18 and ripped up one of his father's masks as he walked down the aisle.

Our own Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Mysterio wasn't in the Rumble due to suffering an injury at SmackDown on Friday.

Meltzer said:

Rey Mysterio was injured last night in Laredo at the SmackDown tapings in a match with Karrion Kross. He was going to be in the Rumble, that spot was changed and then what happened was they did a spot where he's supposed to come out, he doesn't come out, and then Dominik comes out. I think they were actually supposed to do some teases with them in the Rumble to set up the WrestleMania match but, obviously, they couldn't do it because Rey's injured.

Dominik, I guess, the idea was he came out with Rey's mask with the idea that somehow maybe Judgment Day beat up Rey backstage and Dominik had the mask and that's the way they are going to do the angle.

Hopefully, Rey's injury isn't anything serious but I guess it was serious enough that he couldn't do what was planned in the match.

Mysterio defeated Kross on SmackDown in a match that went seven minutes and 25 seconds.

Dominik lasted more than 25 minutes in the men's Royal Rumble match. He was the 22nd wrestler eliminated when he was tossed out by the eventual winner, Cody Rhodes.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3