Christopher Daniels: AEW/AAA relationship in ‘good position' after meeting

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Christopher Daniels: AEW/AAA relationship in ‘good position' after meeting

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 19th, '23, 14:20

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/chri ... er-meeting

Bryan Rose
16 hours ago

The AAA/AEW relationship is still going strong.

In an interview with WrestlingInc, AEW Head of Talent Relations Christopher Daniels described the relationship as being in a “good position” right now, noting Tony Khan and Konnan recently had a meeting.

“Konnan and Tony Khan recently had a meeting and tried to suss all that out, and I feel like we're in a good position,” Daniels said. “We're in a good place right now, obviously, because I'm going to AAA to wrestle. So yeah, I feel like whatever miscommunications or misunderstandings, whatever that was, I feel like that's in the past and we're going to move forward and not dwell on that and try and be available. Each promotion is trying to be available for the other as its schedule permits.”

It has been reported that there had been problems between the two companies in recent months. Konnan on his podcast brought up problems that prevented Tay Melo and Sammy Guevara from making an appearance at AAA Noche de Campeones last year. As a result, the two were stripped of the AAA Mixed Tag Team titles.

AAA’s El Hijo del Vikingo is set to make his AEW debut on Wednesday’s Dynamite, facing off against Kenny Omega. The two were originally set to meet at a Triplemania event back in 2021, but the match was called off due to Omega taking time off to recover from injuries.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3