Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!
User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Dec 7th, '19, 20:50

Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19689
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Dec 8th, '19, 12:56




User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Dec 14th, '19, 07:23

Apparently this is a short list, as Colt Cabana just finished up and I'm pretty sure Brody King is up as well...

Image

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Dec 17th, '19, 11:54



Okada was selected as an Olympic Flame Carrier for the Tokyo Games!
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 24994
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 17th, '19, 12:46

Bob-O wrote:
Dec 17th, '19, 11:54


Okada was selected as an Olympic Flame Carrier for the Tokyo Games!
I hope he gets the torch and throws it in a lake. That would be a phenomenal way to turn heel.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Dec 17th, '19, 14:04

Image

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Dec 26th, '19, 19:04

Title change at WWE's MSG Show tonight (a real title change, not 24/7...)
Hidden text.
Image

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Dec 27th, '19, 07:13

Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 24994
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 28th, '19, 20:19

Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Jan 1st, '20, 12:26

Things for WWE 2K20 got worse today lmao...

Apparently, they missed something in the programming and the game isn't made to run in the year it was named after... the already a meme of a game has fallen victim to a bug that's now 20 years old.

Image

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Jan 4th, '20, 07:16

Image

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Jan 8th, '20, 11:15

CM Punk seems to have a chip on his shoulder...

Image

lol Miz wasn't even on the last Saudi show... CM Punk just decided "You know what? Fuck that guy."
Image

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Jan 11th, '20, 09:44

Just two guys at a hockey game... nothing more.



I'm surprised that Upstate New York resident Luke Harper is such a huge fan of Corpus Christi minor league hockey that he'd make the trip down there for a game! What a great fan!
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 24994
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '20, 15:40



Two things here:

1. “AEW is now using SCU, Best Friends, Lucha Bros., Beaver Boys, The Butcher & The Blade, LAX, Jack Evans, & Angelico, and the Rhodes Brothers. Do Tony, the Elite, and their minions have any single unique and original idea that they don't copy from the Indies or another promotion?
Money buys ideas, but I sure as hell don't make them.”

It’s pro wrestling. You’re going to have some copying and some piggy-backing on things that have happened other places. It’s perfectly fine, simply because there is a finite number of things you can do, and not all of the possibilities are even worth exploring. Are you really going to tell me that if Samoa Joe ever takes a young wrestler under his wing, the promotion is not allowed to have that wrestler turn on Joe because that happened with Joe and Jay Lethal in ROH?

2. You cannot make the above statement and also complain about WWE pretending no other wrestling exists. If you want WWE to acknowledge that New Japan exists than you have to allow that New Japan history to be part of the characters. If KUSHIDA needs a tag team partner, it makes sense that the first guy he would reach out to is Alex Shelley, because they teamed together for a long time and with a lot of success in New Japan.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Jan 12th, '20, 11:28

^That.

WWE/NXT does the original thing too, and it usually sucks. As a fan, when they get somebody recognizable, I much prefer them buying these ideas than coming up with their own and repackaging guys I like. If somebody delivers Time Splitters vs ReDragon... I'm not going to be upset about who's ring it's in... they could run that shit in Saudi Arabia for all I care, just take my money please, I very much would like to see that.

I'll give them credit where it's due, guys like Ciampa and Gunner they've done a nice job with, but nobody is going to say "Hey! Instead of reuniting The Time Splitters for the Dusty Classic maybe we should..." because there ISN'T a good way to end that sentence and keep your job.
Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19689
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Jan 12th, '20, 18:31

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jan 11th, '20, 15:40


Two things here:

1. “AEW is now using SCU, Best Friends, Lucha Bros., Beaver Boys, The Butcher & The Blade, LAX, Jack Evans, & Angelico, and the Rhodes Brothers. Do Tony, the Elite, and their minions have any single unique and original idea that they don't copy from the Indies or another promotion?
Money buys ideas, but I sure as hell don't make them.”

It’s pro wrestling. You’re going to have some copying and some piggy-backing on things that have happened other places. It’s perfectly fine, simply because there is a finite number of things you can do, and not all of the possibilities are even worth exploring. Are you really going to tell me that if Samoa Joe ever takes a young wrestler under his wing, the promotion is not allowed to have that wrestler turn on Joe because that happened with Joe and Jay Lethal in ROH?

2. You cannot make the above statement and also complain about WWE pretending no other wrestling exists. If you want WWE to acknowledge that New Japan exists than you have to allow that New Japan history to be part of the characters. If KUSHIDA needs a tag team partner, it makes sense that the first guy he would reach out to is Alex Shelley, because they teamed together for a long time and with a lot of success in New Japan.
1. all of those you mentioned were pretty much signed and booked like the package they were prior to joining AEW, and for the most part, they all seem to be running new and unique storylines to them. LAX ain't feuding with Lucha Bros over backhanded comments, or Omega doesn't distrust Cody for their past in the Bullet Club. Jericho isn't the Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla, or has a list, or is doing a 'Highlight Reel'.

2. This is NXT, this is different, they usually reference things outside of the bubble because that's the fan service that has kept them interesting all these years when they realized that buying is easier than making. NXT is about the 'hottest free agent', not about 'THE WWE UNIVERSE'. WWE will always and only make those exceptions when they know they're doing fan service for the smarky pop. This is them going "hey *wink wink* we know". Shelley wasn't brought in (not even sure if he's even signed) because he's Alex Shelley, it's because they're going for the pop.

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19689
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Jan 12th, '20, 18:33

Bob-O wrote:
Jan 12th, '20, 11:28
^That.

WWE/NXT does the original thing too, and it usually sucks. As a fan, when they get somebody recognizable, I much prefer them buying these ideas than coming up with their own and repackaging guys I like. If somebody delivers Time Splitters vs ReDragon... I'm not going to be upset about who's ring it's in... they could run that shit in Saudi Arabia for all I care, just take my money please, I very much would like to see that.

I'll give them credit where it's due, guys like Ciampa and Gunner they've done a nice job with, but nobody is going to say "Hey! Instead of reuniting The Time Splitters for the Dusty Classic maybe we should..." because there ISN'T a good way to end that sentence and keep your job.
easy, "Maybe we should.... build one of your 11,000 signed talent and give him a storyline as to why he's teaming with KUSHIDA".

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 24994
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 12th, '20, 20:07

cero2k wrote:
Jan 12th, '20, 18:31
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jan 11th, '20, 15:40


Two things here:

1. “AEW is now using SCU, Best Friends, Lucha Bros., Beaver Boys, The Butcher & The Blade, LAX, Jack Evans, & Angelico, and the Rhodes Brothers. Do Tony, the Elite, and their minions have any single unique and original idea that they don't copy from the Indies or another promotion?
Money buys ideas, but I sure as hell don't make them.”

It’s pro wrestling. You’re going to have some copying and some piggy-backing on things that have happened other places. It’s perfectly fine, simply because there is a finite number of things you can do, and not all of the possibilities are even worth exploring. Are you really going to tell me that if Samoa Joe ever takes a young wrestler under his wing, the promotion is not allowed to have that wrestler turn on Joe because that happened with Joe and Jay Lethal in ROH?

2. You cannot make the above statement and also complain about WWE pretending no other wrestling exists. If you want WWE to acknowledge that New Japan exists than you have to allow that New Japan history to be part of the characters. If KUSHIDA needs a tag team partner, it makes sense that the first guy he would reach out to is Alex Shelley, because they teamed together for a long time and with a lot of success in New Japan.
1. all of those you mentioned were pretty much signed and booked like the package they were prior to joining AEW, and for the most part, they all seem to be running new and unique storylines to them. LAX ain't feuding with Lucha Bros over backhanded comments, or Omega doesn't distrust Cody for their past in the Bullet Club. Jericho isn't the Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla, or has a list, or is doing a 'Highlight Reel'.

2. This is NXT, this is different, they usually reference things outside of the bubble because that's the fan service that has kept them interesting all these years when they realized that buying is easier than making. NXT is about the 'hottest free agent', not about 'THE WWE UNIVERSE'. WWE will always and only make those exceptions when they know they're doing fan service for the smarky pop. This is them going "hey *wink wink* we know". Shelley wasn't brought in (not even sure if he's even signed) because he's Alex Shelley, it's because they're going for the pop.
1. Why should how they were signed matter? It's not WWE's fault that they had to sign Shelley and KUSHIDA from different places and their deals were up at different times. Would you really be okay with this if they had kept KUSHIDA off TV until they could sign Shelley and then debut them as the Time Splitters? No. You'd be annoyed that they signed KUSHIDA and aren't even using him.
Cody and Omega have no reason to distrust each other anymore because they made up at the end of their feud (really for no reason other than to not break the group up, which was f*cking dumb).
Jericho might not be calling himself the Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla, but he's still a top heel who says words in a funny way. Because that's who Chris Irvine is.
Yes, the AEW guys are in storylines that we haven't seen before with those particular wrestlers... but so far, all Shelley and KUSHIDA have done is be in a tournament. You can't go cry that WWE has no new ideas just because they put these guys in a f*cking tournament and New Japan already put them in a tournament. The only storylines you can really accuse WWE of repeating/stealing are the Summer of Punk and Steen vs. Generico, and in the case of the latter, pretty much every company that booked them stole that storyline once it got hot in ROH. Just like everyone stole Punk vs. Raven once that got hot. Or like everyone that wasn't IWA-MS started booking Lacey vs. Daizee Haze.

2. That first sentence there is insane and exposes your anti-WWE bias. You think the announcers are sitting their on commentary and talking about how big someone was in Japan for cheap pops from the crowd? NO! They're doing it to help get the wrestlers over, which is exactly what they're supposed to be doing. When Nigel McGuinness told us that WALTER had taken a chop from Kenta Kobashi and not gone down, he wasn't doing it to make smarks pop for Kobashi's name, he was doing it to put over how tough WALTER is, and to then put over how strong Joe Coffey is when one of Coffey's chops will eventually take WALTER down.
Is "buying easier than making?" Sure. But this criticism then applies to pretty much every company other than those with their own outstanding training systems and those which are far removed from most others either geographically (wXw) or creatively (LU, CHIKARA), or which went through periods of outstanding creativity with the benefit of talent that didn't really have a name elsewhere (PROGRESS) or the confidence to change people away from familiar gimmicks (90's AAW, ECW).
Did AEW make the Lucha Bros or LAX or Best Friends or Orange Cassidy or Private Party or SCU or CIMA or Darby Allin or Pac or Butcher & Blade or Dustin Rhdoes or MJF or Jimmy Havoc or Jon Moxley or Joey Janela or Kip Sabian or pretty much all of their female roster? No. They bought them.
Did NJPW make Zack Sabre Jr. or Will Ospreay or Dragon Lee or Shingo Takagi or Minoru Suzuki or KENTA? No. They bought them.
Did ROH make Marty Scurll or PCO or Jeff Cobb or Rush or Dalton Castle or Jay Lethal? No. They bought them.
Did TNA make Sami Calliahan or the Crist Brothers or Michael Elgin or Taya or Tessa or Eddie Edwards or Moose or Brian Cage or RVD or Rhino or Willie Mack or Rich Swann or Joey Ryan? No. They bought them.
EVOLVE and PWG don't make many of their guys, either. They bring them in from smaller indies. That's just how it goes.

So what if Shelley is only in for a few dates? Shelley gets paid, probably does some work at the PC training people, KUSHIDA gets to be put in the tag division for a bit so it's more fresh when he goes back to the singles division, and KUSHIDA has someone to take the fall for him when they lose the tournament. I fail to see what's so wrong about any of that.

And if you have such a problem with someone bring brought in solely to go for the pop, why didn't you say anything when AEW brought in the Rock N Roll Express? Or Tully Blanchard (whose total irrelevance once Cody was done with Spears betrays the fact that he wasn't brought in to manage Spears but to get the pop for an ex-Horseman going after a Rhodes)?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 24994
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '20, 19:49

So... all of this happened:
F4WOnline.com wrote:After Tessa Blanchard tweeted “Hey women, try supporting one another. Cool things happen” today, Allysin Kay accused Blanchard of spitting in another wrestler’s face and calling them the n-word in 2017: “Remember when you spat in a black woman’s face and called her the N-word in Japan? Was that you ‘supporting women’? The AUDACITY of this tweet.”

Blanchard tweeted in response to what Kay wrote: “not true. That’s my statement and the most attention I’ll give it because of how actually ridiculous it is.”

Chelsea Green commented on Blanchard’s first tweet: “You’ve consistently put down, bullied, and belittled countless female coworkers, including me. Is that support?”

Blanchard responded to Green: “I’ve never been anything but kind to u. I’ve dealt with mean girls since I started..not saying I’m a saint, hell I’ve had my ups&downs & Ive made silly decisions...Such is life. u have ZERO merit in your comments..Instead putting me down here for a little clout...you’ve got my #!”

La Rosa Negra wrote that she was the wrestler that Kay was referencing in her tweet: “@Sienna & @ImChelseaGreen Thank you so Much!!!!.......That Story!!!!.... Yes, that's happens on Japan 2017!!! If @Tessa_Blanchard do not Remember it ... Can I!..I am not a Mean Girl with any Coworkers around the world. Be kind of #racist is not ridiculous is a #sickness”
Shanna wrote in support of La Rosa Negra: “[Blanchard] did more nasty stuff in Japan... Never forget. Practice what you preach sweetheart. I standby @LaAbusadoradePR, she's a fun loving person who would never disrespect anyone. Much love to you Rosa.”
Isla Dawn and Priscilla Kelly responded to Blanchard’s original tweet. Dawn tweeted: “As someone who experienced your bullying firsthand, received regular verbal abuse, was spat on, had rumours spread about me, dealt with multiple attempts by you to blacklist me from other companies, (plus more), I just pray you now follow your own advice.”

Kelly wrote: “Remember publicly putting me down on twitter last year for something that didn’t involve you whatsoever, then continuing to drag my name to other people for it? Pepperidge Farm Remembers. You should probably delete this tweet.”
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
Thelone
Posts: 153
Joined: Jul 9th, '19, 16:22

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Thelone » Jan 14th, '20, 08:56

Not trying to defend Blanchard who clearly has attitude/temper issues, but after some very basic digging (as in I just checked Cagematch to see when that could have happened), I've noticed that a certain someone WASN'T on that Stardom tour : Allysin Kay. You know who was on that tour though? Jessicka Havok, who's a close friend of Kay I believe and more importantly, a certain troll's significant other. Obviously, Rosa Negra coming out saying that it did happen puts some credency on that story, but I find it "hilarious" how we have both Kay and Shanna wagging their finger at Blanchard "for what happened in Japan" when NEITHER OF THEM WERE THERE. Also Kay isn't exactly a model or professionalism herself, so her opinion means pretty much jack shit to me.

I very vaguely remember the Isla Dawn thing because she left the 5 Star tournament out of nowhere for nebulous "personal reasons". She changed her ring name very soon after so I can buy that something happened on that tour and beyond.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Blanchard bitched about Kelly for the whole used tampon deal.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests