Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!
User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 14634
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Sep 7th, '17, 12:10

Meltzer on WOR: Riddle and Cobb are going to be in the NJPW World Tag League this year


Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 18508
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '17, 13:07

cero2k wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 12:10
Meltzer on WOR: Riddle and Cobb are going to be in the NJPW World Tag League this year
Good for those two, but it seems like kind of an odd fit for everyone else. Gabe will have to now book his December weekends around World Tag League, this could cause issues with Cobb being on New Japan TV because of his LU work, and while Cobb and Riddle are both definitely the type of guy New Japan likes to push, they really don't have room for them, even in the big black hole that is the heavyweight tag team scene.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 14634
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Sep 7th, '17, 14:17

Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 13:07
cero2k wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 12:10
Meltzer on WOR: Riddle and Cobb are going to be in the NJPW World Tag League this year
Good for those two, but it seems like kind of an odd fit for everyone else. Gabe will have to now book his December weekends around World Tag League, this could cause issues with Cobb being on New Japan TV because of his LU work, and while Cobb and Riddle are both definitely the type of guy New Japan likes to push, they really don't have room for them, even in the big black hole that is the heavyweight tag team scene.
i feel this is just to introduce them, but i see Riddle going solo over there. what i do see is that Elgin is not that special when you introduce Cobb
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 18508
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '17, 14:40

cero2k wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 14:17
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 13:07
cero2k wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 12:10
Meltzer on WOR: Riddle and Cobb are going to be in the NJPW World Tag League this year
Good for those two, but it seems like kind of an odd fit for everyone else. Gabe will have to now book his December weekends around World Tag League, this could cause issues with Cobb being on New Japan TV because of his LU work, and while Cobb and Riddle are both definitely the type of guy New Japan likes to push, they really don't have room for them, even in the big black hole that is the heavyweight tag team scene.
i feel this is just to introduce them, but i see Riddle going solo over there. what i do see is that Elgin is not that special when you introduce Cobb
Elgin has much more personality than Cobb, plus Cobb is already over. Furthermore, I don't think Riddle and Cobb are going to do so well, and you know Gabe won't let Riddle do any jobs that don't set something up for a WWN show, so Cobb will be doing all of their jobs here, which will hurt him on his debut tour.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 14634
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Sep 7th, '17, 17:48

Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 14:40


Elgin has much more personality than Cobb, plus Cobb is already over. Furthermore, I don't think Riddle and Cobb are going to do so well, and you know Gabe won't let Riddle do any jobs that don't set something up for a WWN show, so Cobb will be doing all of their jobs here, which will hurt him on his debut tour.
Elgin more personality than Cobb? oh hell nah, yeah, he's more over, because he's unique in Japan, but Cobb is better, faster, stronger, and more exciting to watch than him. And if Gabe is gonna cockblock Riddle and Cobb in Japan, then those two need to get the fuck out of EVOLVE if it's gonna cost them their NJPW work. Cobb will mostly likely do the jobs, but because NJPW WANTS Riddle
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 18508
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '17, 21:01

cero2k wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 17:48
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 14:40


Elgin has much more personality than Cobb, plus Cobb is already over. Furthermore, I don't think Riddle and Cobb are going to do so well, and you know Gabe won't let Riddle do any jobs that don't set something up for a WWN show, so Cobb will be doing all of their jobs here, which will hurt him on his debut tour.
Elgin more personality than Cobb? oh hell nah, yeah, he's more over, because he's unique in Japan, but Cobb is better, faster, stronger, and more exciting to watch than him. And if Gabe is gonna cockblock Riddle and Cobb in Japan, then those two need to get the fuck out of EVOLVE if it's gonna cost them their NJPW work. Cobb will mostly likely do the jobs, but because NJPW WANTS Riddle
Elgin has way more personality than Cobb (and I think he's much better in the ring). Without the Matanza suit, Cobb comes across as just a dude who is big and athletic. Elgin is both of those things, plus he has personality, a striking , and a much more exciting arsenal of moves.

I'm not saying Gabe would block Riddle and Cobb from working in Japan. I'm saying I'm pretty certain Gabe won't let Riddle be the one to take the fall unless it is specifically setting up a WWN Title defense on a WWN-umbrella show (and I think ROH would try to block that on their end).

If NJPW wants Riddle then I don't think this is the right way to bring him in unless they have something specific (Riddle vs. Suzuki?) that they want set up for the Dome and thus they need him on this tour.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 14634
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Sep 7th, '17, 21:34

Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 21:01


Elgin has way more personality than Cobb (and I think he's much better in the ring). Without the Matanza suit, Cobb comes across as just a dude who is big and athletic. Elgin is both of those things, plus he has personality, a striking , and a much more exciting arsenal of moves.

I'm not saying Gabe would block Riddle and Cobb from working in Japan. I'm saying I'm pretty certain Gabe won't let Riddle be the one to take the fall unless it is specifically setting up a WWN Title defense on a WWN-umbrella show (and I think ROH would try to block that on their end).

If NJPW wants Riddle then I don't think this is the right way to bring him in unless they have something specific (Riddle vs. Suzuki?) that they want set up for the Dome and thus they need him on this tour.
that's all that Elgin is too, just a big dude that is always mad, his gimmick is being strong, he could use a Matanza mask. Cobb on the other hand, is an olympian, he has better facial expressions, he talks a lot better. I'll take Cobb any day over boring Elgin

I'm not saying blocking the bookings, but if NJPW wants you to take a pin, then you do it and have Gabe deal with it. it's like if Gabe won't let Gargano get pinned in WWE, who do you think Gargano is gonna listen to?

this is the intro to the crowd, not into a huge feud. They can do the tournament and then have Riddle return alone later on after WK, or if they like Cobb (which i think they will), have them come together. Get rid of War Machine
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 18508
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '17, 22:42

cero2k wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 21:34
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 7th, '17, 21:01


Elgin has way more personality than Cobb (and I think he's much better in the ring). Without the Matanza suit, Cobb comes across as just a dude who is big and athletic. Elgin is both of those things, plus he has personality, a striking , and a much more exciting arsenal of moves.

I'm not saying Gabe would block Riddle and Cobb from working in Japan. I'm saying I'm pretty certain Gabe won't let Riddle be the one to take the fall unless it is specifically setting up a WWN Title defense on a WWN-umbrella show (and I think ROH would try to block that on their end).

If NJPW wants Riddle then I don't think this is the right way to bring him in unless they have something specific (Riddle vs. Suzuki?) that they want set up for the Dome and thus they need him on this tour.
that's all that Elgin is too, just a big dude that is always mad, his gimmick is being strong, he could use a Matanza mask. Cobb on the other hand, is an olympian, he has better facial expressions, he talks a lot better. I'll take Cobb any day over boring Elgin

I'm not saying blocking the bookings, but if NJPW wants you to take a pin, then you do it and have Gabe deal with it. it's like if Gabe won't let Gargano get pinned in WWE, who do you think Gargano is gonna listen to?

this is the intro to the crowd, not into a huge feud. They can do the tournament and then have Riddle return alone later on after WK, or if they like Cobb (which i think they will), have them come together. Get rid of War Machine
Cobb? Facial expressions? Since when? Elgin makes better use of his strength as part of his gimmick. Cobb might have been an Olympian, but this isn't a shoot. He comes across as just "a large guy who wrestles." And this is me, champion of white-meat babyfaces everywhere, who is saying that about someone.

Gargano isn't under contract to Gabe. Riddle is. I'd be shocked if Gabe didn't make not taking a pin unless it leads to Riddle getting his win bak in a WWN ring a condition of letting Riddle take the booking with New Japan. And considering the way that other American promoters (particularly ROH but also at times PWG and D'Amore) have bent over backwards for guys New Japan wants to protect, it would be really sh*tty of Gedo to not respect Gabe not wanting his champion to get pinned.

I think Riddle will have a better chance of standing out if debuts as a single. It's New Japan. Being seen as part of the heavyweight tag team division is instant death.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 3412
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 8th, '17, 07:32

Just make a whole post about Cobb V Elgin lol.

I'd maybe say Cage, but hey, bodybuilding over everything lol
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 18508
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 13th, '17, 22:57

Cowboy Bill Watts, now 78, remains one of the more unique personality in wrestling history. Watts has retired to the Florida panhandle and after Hurricane Irma came along, he decided to encourage looters. He scattered some electronics including a flat screen television at the end of his driveway figuring it would attract looters preying on the elderly who had some of their things destroyed. I’m not exactly sure what he was then intending to do when the baited in looters would show up, but I guess I can use my imagination
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest