Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!
Bob-O
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Oct 27th, '19, 07:19

cero2k wrote:
Oct 25th, '19, 10:06
WWE numbers have been bad, as the 10/14 Raw did 38,000 viewers, down from 48,000 for the 10/7 show that featured Tyson Fury, who is a huge name in the U.K. Smackdown on 10/18 was down to 23,000 viewers. Raw on 10/21 did 3,000 viewers. It was so bad people thought it was a computer glitch but we’re told the data was sound and people are stunned with that very rating.
It's my understanding that Impact beats Raw in ratings on the weekly over there because it's station is included in the basic cable/satellite packages while you have to move up a tier or two to see WWE. People geek out when they notice it, but it's normal and understandable. Still alarming that WWE lost 95% of their audience.

Big Red Machine
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 27th, '19, 08:29

Bob-O wrote:
Oct 27th, '19, 07:19
cero2k wrote:
Oct 25th, '19, 10:06
WWE numbers have been bad, as the 10/14 Raw did 38,000 viewers, down from 48,000 for the 10/7 show that featured Tyson Fury, who is a huge name in the U.K. Smackdown on 10/18 was down to 23,000 viewers. Raw on 10/21 did 3,000 viewers. It was so bad people thought it was a computer glitch but we’re told the data was sound and people are stunned with that very rating.
It's my understanding that Impact beats Raw in ratings on the weekly over there because it's station is included in the basic cable/satellite packages while you have to move up a tier or two to see WWE. People geek out when they notice it, but it's normal and understandable. Still alarming that WWE lost 95% of their audience.
I remember this being the case as well.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

cero2k
Site Admin
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero

Post by cero2k » Oct 27th, '19, 14:09

Bob-O wrote:
Oct 27th, '19, 07:19

that case is just partially true now a days, they lost two of their networks over there, kinda like they did in the US, so it wasn't as strong as it used to, but they still have a somewhat better deal than WWE i guess, not sure about AEW's. Another thing here is that Impact is having better numbers and they're about to add the Fight Network in addition over there, so they may get stronger.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 27th, '19, 17:59

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 27th, '19, 18:03

cero2k wrote:
Oct 27th, '19, 17:59
Yeah... that's not good.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 27th, '19, 21:56

cero2k wrote:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this design, that WWE claims was approved by him... it's just on a black shirt. Make that shirt any other color and it's no longer offensive.

Black is the most common color of shirt, and this was obviously an oversight... on a shirt that never saw the light of day... by somebody that wasn't thinking about what that design insinuated on a black shirt. An honest mistake that could be made by anyone who wasn't thinking about race, but was thinking about what color would sell the most of his stupid shirt. Does he HONESTLY think somebody in the design department did that on purpose, or did he see an opportunity to be a victim? I'm not saying this thing should have gone on the shelves, but he's acting like a child.

Instead of giving the benefit of the doubt and pointing out the obvious issue for reconsideration, we're gonna jump on Twitter and scream racism. Assuming they're "against" him... shut the fuck up. I'm not denying there's an issue in this country, but shit like this mentality doesn't solve anything.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 28th, '19, 05:42

Bob-O wrote:
Oct 27th, '19, 21:56
cero2k wrote:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this design, that WWE claims was approved by him... it's just on a black shirt. Make that shirt any other color and it's no longer offensive.

Black is the most common color of shirt, and this was obviously an oversight... on a shirt that never saw the light of day... by somebody that wasn't thinking about what that design insinuated on a black shirt. An honest mistake that could be made by anyone who wasn't thinking about race, but was thinking about what color would sell the most of his stupid shirt. Does he HONESTLY think somebody in the design department did that on purpose, or did he see an opportunity to be a victim? I'm not saying this thing should have gone on the shelves, but he's acting like a child.

Instead of giving the benefit of the doubt and pointing out the obvious issue for reconsideration, we're gonna jump on Twitter and scream racism. Assuming they're "against" him... shut the fuck up. I'm not denying there's an issue in this country, but shit like this mentality doesn't solve anything.
You're not wrong, but someone should have caught it before it was ever put up.

Also, the design itself us just so pitifully generic that it should have been sent back to the drawing board.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 28th, '19, 07:56

Bob-O wrote:
Oct 27th, '19, 21:56

so my understanding of the story is that ACH said he hated it, he pointed out the racist connotations, and it still made it to the store. I don't think there is maliciousness in any of this, just a really dumb designer and a terrible process of approvals.

This is a weird story to me since I find it hard to believe that ACH would get up on arms if the shirt had already been taken down and he had actually approved it. He's risking is career by calling out Hunter and Vince straight up, who let's be realistic, probably didn't even see the designs until they were already on the site. Given so, I find it hard to believe that the wrestlers approved the t-shirts that time, it came out when NXT pulled out 30 designs out of their ass and there is no way that some of those designs would pass.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 29th, '19, 15:15

cero2k wrote:
Oct 28th, '19, 07:56
He's risking is career by calling out Hunter and Vince straight up, who let's be realistic, probably didn't even see the designs until they were already on the site.

Probably not helping his case at all... lol what'd Jay Lethal ever do to anyone??

Even if they didn't see the designs... sure the designs are bad, 90% of them are - but I don't see any racist intent in the design itself, just an unfortunate coincidence that it looks like that on a black shirt. I don't see Hunter of all people seeing this presentation and going "...that's HILARIOUS! lol Let's go with that! No, no, I don't care what he says, we're going with blackface hahahaha...."

It took me a minute or two to realize what the fuss was about, just like I'm sure it'd take ANYONE that wasn't TRYING to be offended about something. Rational people don't think about stuff like this. It's a stupid design, throw it on a black shirt because wrestling fans are fat and maybe we'll sell a couple.

It's this Witch Hunt mentality, not just for race but for EVERYTHING. It drives me nuts. I'm happy to see that all races are united in thinking he's an idiot for going about this like a wine drunk soccer mom. Just simmer down there Karen, they didn't realize and they took care of it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 29th, '19, 15:58

As I pointed out on ROHWorld, in the invisible carrot and/or horribly bitched booking in ROH plagued just as many white wrestlers as nonwhite ones: I'm sure Matt Sydal, Donovan Dijak, Josh Woods, Tommaso Ciampa, Rhett Titus, and others feel/felt similarly jerked around.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone
Favorite Wrestler: MJF

Post by Thelone » Oct 30th, '19, 08:52

I wasn't going to comment because... well, I don't particularly care about ACH's crazy tantrum over a crappy t-shirt and THE WORLD, but his little quip about Lethal there reminded me of that match he was supposed to have against him for the TV title at ASE in 2014 and missed because of nebulous reasons.

Obviously ACH is his own worst enemy and I'm not trying to defend his ridiculous behavior anymore, but I can see how he might have a bone to pick with Lethal based on that event and how I always thought that Lethal was a backstage politician.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 30th, '19, 11:28

The ASE missed flight was definitely the beginning if the end with him, but I definitely remember him having heat before that, especially with veterans, and I think that Lethal, Steen, and maybe Roddy ior Whitmer were towards the top of the list (it even got mentioned on commentary during a match where Steen tried to tape ACH's mouth shut).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 30th, '19, 12:15

Big Red Machine wrote:
Oct 30th, '19, 11:28
The ASE missed flight was definitely the beginning if the end with him, but I definitely remember him having heat before that, especially with veterans, and I think that Lethal, Steen, and maybe Roddy ior Whitmer were towards the top of the list (it even got mentioned on commentary during a match where Steen tried to tape ACH's mouth shut).
From what I remember, ACH also burned some bridges with PWG and other indies around the block. He always had that ' I'm better than y'all" attitude that Lio Rush also has. None of this excuses some of the current problem, but also comes to show that ACH is not always someone to deal with problems properly.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 30th, '19, 15:35

cero2k wrote:
Oct 30th, '19, 12:15
Big Red Machine wrote:
Oct 30th, '19, 11:28
From what I remember, ACH also burned some bridges with PWG and other indies around the block. He always had that ' I'm better than y'all" attitude that Lio Rush also has. None of this excuses some of the current problem, but also comes to show that ACH is not always someone to deal with problems properly.
He was gone from EVOLVE in about eight months as well.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 1st, '19, 06:43

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 1st, '19, 09:41

Dustin Rhodes selling Wednesday's attack

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 2nd, '19, 10:35

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 2nd, '19, 13:10

Bob-O wrote:
Nov 2nd, '19, 10:35
Poor guy

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 2nd, '19, 15:52

Bob-O wrote:
Nov 2nd, '19, 10:35
Hooray! Someone who understands how wrestling should be!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 2nd, '19, 18:15

Big Red Machine wrote:
Nov 2nd, '19, 15:52
Hooray! Someone who understands how wrestling should be!
Working in a company that won't pay attention. He was more useful to literally any other promotion right now