Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!
cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Nov 11th, '20, 20:34

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 11th, '20, 18:07 From WON/F4W:
Tony Khan spoke to TSN regarding AEW and continuing to run shows during the COVID-19 pandemic. He also talked about a potential relationship with NJPW, saying: With New Japan, it’s been a little more one-sided where we’ve sent people there and I haven’t really had people from New Japan show up on my TV [programming] yet. I’d like to see more of a two-sided relationship there because I’m honestly one of the easiest people to work with in wrestling. We’ve worked with NWA, we’ve worked with AAA and we’ve sent people to New Japan. I think with Harold [Meij] being gone, I don’t know if it’s going to be easier, but I have a feeling it might be.”
Maybe President Harold was the issue, but even before him, I remember feeling that ROH wasn't getting as much out of the NJPW relationship from a talent standpoint compared to who NJPW was getting (Scurll, Bucks, Cole, all on the regular).
I don't think New Japan is ever gonna see another promotion as an equal to send their big stars for a program. Maybe one match every now and then, but we're not gonna get Tanahashi doing a multi-month program in AEW. Even in CMLL, New Japan just sends people for tournaments or single shows.

If they're smart, the best thing to do is co-branded special events twice a year, one in Japan, one in the US, and start a 'training' talent exchange, let AEW use the LA Dojo or excursion guys, and have AEW send guys like Will Hobbs/Jungle Boy/Guevara-type of up and comers for a tour here and there to get experience working as Young Lions.

Anyone expecting talent exchange of Jericho/Mox for Tana/Okada has to stop living in fantasy world

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 28th, '20, 22:28

Jimmy Rave. sad news

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 1st, '20, 20:11

not every day i get to say this, but i really liked this cody deaner promo

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '20, 18:32

Well... the number is good, but the fact that the high-point was the celebrity rather than the Omega promo is a little worrying (especially because of how completely uncompelling that Shaq/Brandi segment was).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '20, 21:08

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 18:32

Well... the number is good, but the fact that the high-point was the celebrity rather than the Omega promo is a little worrying (especially because of how completely uncompelling that Shaq/Brandi segment was).
it's not worrying, people will always gravitate to real celebrities, Trump is still (I think) the highest watched Wrestlemania of all time, because it was Trump, if anything, it's not a number that we should see as the 'real draw' of the week. Question is how many stayed after that, that is Shaq's value.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '20, 21:26

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:08
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 18:32

it's not worrying, people will always gravitate to real celebrities, Trump is still (I think) the highest watched Wrestlemania of all time, because it was Trump, if anything, it's not a number that we should see as the 'real draw' of the week. Question is how many stayed after that, that is Shaq's value.
Fair point. When you look at it like that, though, it makes me wonder if they should have booked Sting's segment right after that, with maybe a hype package for Omega's angle in between.

Wikipedia says that WM28 (first Rock/Cena match) got more buys than 23, but it definitely had the record before that (and before that it was 18 for Rock/Hogan).
Between the climbing price and the general popularity of the product, I'm always shocked that 16 or 17 didn't have the most buys.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '20, 22:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:26
Fair point. When you look at it like that, though, it makes me wonder if they should have booked Sting's segment right after that, with maybe a hype package for Omega's angle in between.
that be a tricky one. I give zero fucks about Basketball and Shaq, so I wouldn't really know what his demo would intersect with. Maybe Sting if Shaq's fans are older, or maybe the Tazz promo if Shaq's fans wanna see big dudes that can kick ass and look like athletes.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '20, 22:35

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 22:13
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:26
that be a tricky one. I give zero fucks about Basketball and Shaq, so I wouldn't really know what his demo would intersect with. Maybe Sting if Shaq's fans are older, or maybe the Tazz promo if Shaq's fans wanna see big dudes that can kick ass and look like athletes.
All I'm saying is that if this is the segment you think will do the highest, it stands to reason that you should put the thing that you think will hook the most new people on right after it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 16th, '20, 17:49

Mil Muertes is coming back for MLW

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 16th, '20, 20:09

Jim Ross on his podcast:
"I told a kid the other day in AEW, and I said all you guys do the same f****** spot, you go to the outside, you cluster up like quail you stand together friend and foe side-by-side so you can catch some leaping idiot going over the top who never wins with this move. They never gain an advantage with this move. You know the 'holy s** t' chants is what got that going, I think. They love to hear it, 'holy sh*t, holy sh**, 'this is awesome.' It's a spot, folks; it's a trapeze act."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 26th, '20, 18:37

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '21, 16:48

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '21, 18:45

So... let's see if they try to find someone else to book instead of going back to Delirious.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '21, 21:29

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 18:45 So... let's see if they try to find someone else to book instead of going back to Delirious.
Considering it was a signing perk to not choose aew or wwe over roh i doubt it'll happen any time soon

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '21, 23:36

cero2k wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 21:29
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 18:45 So... let's see if they try to find someone else to book instead of going back to Delirious.
Considering it was a signing perk to not choose aew or wwe over roh i doubt it'll happen any time soon
But I'm not sure that would have been offered if they didn't think Delirious need to be replaced.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 5th, '21, 09:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 23:36
But I'm not sure that would have been offered if they didn't think Delirious need to be replaced.
did he actually replace him, or was it just 'Scurll JOINS booking' ?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 5th, '21, 22:53

cero2k wrote: Jan 5th, '21, 09:07
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 23:36
did he actually replace him, or was it just 'Scurll JOINS booking' ?
Supposedly Scurll was the new direction-setter, with Delirious filling the details (which isn't great because Delirious sucks at details, but, if I remember correctly, that was the arrangement).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 15th, '21, 10:30

I sweat Nikki Roxx has been doing curses on Impact since she was given the Voodoo gimmick. This is just bad luck a this point

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 18th, '21, 09:07

Ethan Page is done with Impact, and was not happy with how his match at Hard To Kill was edited:
Ethan Page wrote: I’m going to take a full blown break from social media. I’ll be staying active on my personal Patreon as much as I can & probably in this group too cuz I love the fig life & u guys. Xoxox. But man .... last night sucked. I’m so embarrassed with how IMPACT! lazily edited that segment last night & forced it to be a joke. I felt the thought of the same guys fighting each other was comedy enough & the more serious we took it the better the reaction would be. But cuz I left the company, they lied to my face & just did what they wanted the whole time. I’m sorry if any of my fans paid for that PPV & felt cheated. I honestly feel the free version I gave away was made with more love, care & attention to detail. Sadly I had no control over the creative or the final product & the editor refused to send it to me beforehand .... so I saw it live with you guys & was surrounded by family. All scratching their heads at that high school project level delivery on a PPV. I pray ppl know I didn't edit that hot garbage. I actually begged IMPACT! Not to even have Karate man on tv. I only wanted it for my YouTube channel. But ... we don’t write the shows. We just get the scripts & do our best. Idk what else to say. Breaks my heart this company refuses to respect its talent or it’s fan base on a regular basis. I tried. Oh well! Life goes on. That door is closed. Now let’s focus on what’s next. Hope you’re all well. I love all of you for supporting me & helping promote my projects. Because without you guys, karate man wouldn’t have been anything haha. I’m gonna just focus on the good that came of him for my social media & my personal channels. He’s gone now & May he live on in GOOD videos edited by the person who created him. Not stolen by a greedy company trying to capitalize on someone else’s hard work & creativity. Sorry if this comes off so negative. I know I’m usually a positive light for my fans ... but today, I need to just be honest. I was lied to. I was hurt. I was disrespected. And I need a break from it all."

Love Julian

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 18th, '21, 09:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 18th, '21, 09:07 Ethan Page is done with Impact, and was not happy with how his match at Hard To Kill was edited:
Ethan Page wrote: I’m going to take a full blown break from social media. I’ll be staying active on my personal Patreon as much as I can & probably in this group too cuz I love the fig life & u guys. Xoxox. But man .... last night sucked. I’m so embarrassed with how IMPACT! lazily edited that segment last night & forced it to be a joke. I felt the thought of the same guys fighting each other was comedy enough & the more serious we took it the better the reaction would be. But cuz I left the company, they lied to my face & just did what they wanted the whole time. I’m sorry if any of my fans paid for that PPV & felt cheated. I honestly feel the free version I gave away was made with more love, care & attention to detail. Sadly I had no control over the creative or the final product & the editor refused to send it to me beforehand .... so I saw it live with you guys & was surrounded by family. All scratching their heads at that high school project level delivery on a PPV. I pray ppl know I didn't edit that hot garbage. I actually begged IMPACT! Not to even have Karate man on tv. I only wanted it for my YouTube channel. But ... we don’t write the shows. We just get the scripts & do our best. Idk what else to say. Breaks my heart this company refuses to respect its talent or it’s fan base on a regular basis. I tried. Oh well! Life goes on. That door is closed. Now let’s focus on what’s next. Hope you’re all well. I love all of you for supporting me & helping promote my projects. Because without you guys, karate man wouldn’t have been anything haha. I’m gonna just focus on the good that came of him for my social media & my personal channels. He’s gone now & May he live on in GOOD videos edited by the person who created him. Not stolen by a greedy company trying to capitalize on someone else’s hard work & creativity. Sorry if this comes off so negative. I know I’m usually a positive light for my fans ... but today, I need to just be honest. I was lied to. I was hurt. I was disrespected. And I need a break from it all."

Love Julian
He was done back in December, if he really didn't want them using Karate Man, he could had just left, but he wanted to get his meme gimmick over. As much as Impact would want Karate Man, i'm sure that if Page have asked for one last North match, he'd would have gotten it.

Anyway, here's my and other thoughts I've seen on Twitter. Spoiler, most people seem to believe this is Page saving his ass after watching the crap he made