Against the grain

Tell it to the world!!
Earth Child

Re: Against the grain

Post by Earth Child » Oct 12th, '11, 01:26

But sometimes it's difficult to look past peoples actions and not judge them for it.

And you know, maybe the whole reason he is being held back is for something totally unrelated to Melina. We never know.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Oct 12th, '11, 02:36

Earth Child wrote:But sometimes it's difficult to look past peoples actions and not judge them for it.

And you know, maybe the whole reason he is being held back is for something totally unrelated to Melina. We never know.
yeah, but his gf being a big ho-bag isn't too hard to look past. Judge him on a personal level, but professionally the guy was doing a damn good job before his momentum was halted. Why hold back a potential star just bc of his gf? If this is/was a problem, why didn't we hear about it til years or months later?

You're right; it could be another reason, and I hope it is. I read on wrestlezone that the sentiment is mutual and both parties are looking to go their separate ways; but none of this is official.

As far as fans go, I don't see why it even makes a difference. If no one had ever heard about the promiscuity of Melina, most of us would acknowledge that Morrison is obviously being held back; he should have been elevated to the main event by now. Instead, he's on his way out the door.

Regardless, it sucks....

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Oct 12th, '11, 14:06

Well, whether we like it or not, Morrison is now a jobber. I hope he doesn't resign when his contract expires, because then it will be like the Carlito situation.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Oct 12th, '11, 15:39

Shogun Rua wrote:Well, whether we like it or not, Morrison is now a jobber. I hope he doesn't resign when his contract expires, because then it will be like the Carlito situation.
what do you mean?

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Oct 12th, '11, 17:51

Carlito resigned, and he was only ever seen in backstage segments or jobbing to other jobbers. And he started half assing it, because he knew he was better than most of the guys he was jobbing to.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 19th, '11, 16:43

I'm not much of a fan of this version of CM Punk.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Dec 19th, '11, 22:15

Shogun Rua wrote:Carlito resigned, and he was only ever seen in backstage segments or jobbing to other jobbers. And he started half assing it, because he knew he was better than most of the guys he was jobbing to.
After he got released, his father came out and said Carlito had drug problems and that's what lead to his release; I figured that's why he was underused.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Dec 19th, '11, 22:18

KILLdozer wrote:I'm not much of a fan of this version of CM Punk.
Why is that?

Also I'm glad this topic was bumped, I have a story. Yesterday I bought a Cena shirt (the new Rise Above Hate one) because as I've said before, I'm a Cena fan (plus I was buying a shirt for my girlfriend and it was buy one get one half off). Yesterday was also the first night I got to spend with my new kitty, Super Dragon (yes, I named him Super Dragon). I wore the shirt to sleep, and I woke up with him peeing on my shoulder. Is this a sign? Lmao.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 19th, '11, 22:32

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Why is that?

Also I'm glad this topic was bumped, I have a story. Yesterday I bought a Cena shirt (the new Rise Above Hate one) because as I've said before, I'm a Cena fan (plus I was buying a shirt for my girlfriend and it was buy one get one half off). Yesterday was also the first night I got to spend with my new kitty, Super Dragon (yes, I named him Super Dragon). I wore the shirt to sleep, and I woke up with him peeing on my shoulder. Is this a sign? Lmao.
Pipebomb pipebombs pipebombs,,Defy authority defy authority defy authority,say whats not supposed to be said over and over,its just really becoming nothing but the same stuff over and over

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 19th, '11, 22:35

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Why is that?

and yea your damn right got bumped ,i looked this topic up through the search just to make my Original post

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Dec 19th, '11, 22:55

KILLdozer wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
Why is that?

Pipebomb pipebombs pipebombs,,Defy authority defy authority defy authority,say whats not supposed to be said over and over,its just really becoming nothing but the same stuff over and over
I agree that he (and everyone else) does use the word 'pipebomb' too much nowadays and they are pushing him pretty hard, but it's really just a response to the fans' support over the last two years. The scenario between him and Jonny Ace IS getting old, but the exchange between the two of them is still entertaining almost every time AND Punk continues to put on the best matches of the night (his only competition on a regular basis is Ziggler; Sheamus and Rhodes do a great job at least once a week as well).

Ppl are starting to think that the Control promos are actually for Shane and Steph; the two of them would be a challenge to combat as authority figure; much better than Ace (tho I like Ace). Punk's kinda carrying the "feud" on the mic bc Ace is as vanilla as anyone who's ever been in the WWE, so Punk ends up overdoing it or talking too much.

I feel you, Doze; but I'm still a big Punk fan. Kayfabe ( :p )wise, Orton's the only guy I can see fucking with Punk (Cena can't out wrestle him, Sheamus can't outsmart him, and no one else is nearly as savy (tho I'd like to see Ziggler and Bryan elevated to that level; maybe I'll get my wish in 2012)

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 20th, '11, 00:59

KILLdozer wrote:
he has become Stone Cold

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 20th, '11, 01:28

[quote="badnewzxl"
Ppl are starting to think that the Control promos are actually for Shane and Steph; the two of them would be a challenge to combat as authority figure; much better than Ace (tho I like Ace). Punk's kinda carrying the "feud" on the mic bc Ace is as vanilla as anyone who's ever been in the WWE, so Punk ends up overdoing it or talking too much.

[/quote]
Being vanilla is Laurinaitis' gimmick. He is a corporate suit (hence all of the stereotypical corporate buzzwords like "dynamic." he is always spouting off).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 25th, '12, 07:55

I really dislike Survivor Series. Especially a lot of the older ones and some of the ones form the mid-late 2000's where it was all just a whole bunch of elimination tag team matches. The same damn match too many times on one card.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 25th, '12, 09:42

Big Red Machine wrote:I really dislike Survivor Series. Especially a lot of the older ones and some of the ones form the mid-late 2000's where it was all just a whole bunch of elimination tag team matches. The same damn match too many times on one card.
This. plus i hate random teams, at least take a minute of air time to show the captain looking for team mates

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Apr 25th, '12, 10:18

I don't like face Sheamus.

I prefer Celtic Warrior over Irish jock with a temper who makes fun of people.

I like the scowl over the grin. I look at his character and I see an Irish Rock who's nowhere near as funny.
I'm also not a fan of the Brogue Kick.
---------
Lady Luck is smiling...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Apr 25th, '12, 13:57

Verdun wrote:I don't like face Sheamus.

I prefer Celtic Warrior over Irish jock with a temper who makes fun of people.

I like the scowl over the grin. I look at his character and I see an Irish Rock who's nowhere near as funny.
I'm also not a fan of the Brogue Kick.
---------
I'm not a fan of the Brogue Kick either, I think it looks silly. I wonder whatever happened to that other finisher he used for a few weeks and then dropped.

I'm not a fan of this Daniel Bryan "YES!" stuff. It annoys me to no end.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Apr 25th, '12, 14:11

I also am not a fan of the "The Great White" Sheamus. I'd rather see the Celtic Warrior then a guy who's quickly turning into Randy Orton. By that i mean goes over everybody.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 25th, '12, 14:17

Rabid619 wrote:I also am not a fan of the "The Great White" Sheamus. I'd rather see the Celtic Warrior then a guy who's quickly turning into Randy Orton. By that i mean goes over everybody.
It is different, though. At least Sheamus lets guys get offense in. And Sheamus is a monster babyface. His job is to go over on everybody.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation