State Of The WWE: Adressing The Crap.

Tell it to the world!!
KILLdozer

State Of The WWE: Adressing The Crap.

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 8th, '19, 12:03

So it's no secret that things are getting VERY crap and repetitive...and...just genuinely mindless. Every single week now we literally see the same people interact in the same way ON BOTH SHOWS NOW. "AWH MAN THAT SON OF A BITCH SHANE MCMAHON JUST ATTACKED ROMAN REIGNS AFTER THAT CLAYMORE FROM MCINTYRE! THAT SCOTTISH PSYCHOPATH!"

"WELL YEAH HE'S THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!"

-But we hear this at least 8 times in a month. Because they literally do the same shit every show and nothing goes anywhere nor does anything come from, well, anything. The only thing that, happens, are, of course, matches. Even then RAW was an all time insult this past week with only 4 or 5 matches on a 3 HOUR SHOW. All of which were less than an hour of wrestling, maybe even less than 30 minutes of wrestling.

If you watched it on Hulu, you only saw 2 matches with 10 minutes or less. Then with "The same stuff on both shows literally now.", we have the hottest new crazy thing in effect, "The wildcard rule"....

~Bwah. ~

Which is nothing more than an excuse to get the same dudes in both shows, day after day and night after night. Of course it gives the worst announcers in town something else to be SO excited and yell about, but in essence It's literally Roman Reigns, Kofi Kingston, The Mix, The Usos, And which ever other dudes we see every single time guaranteed. I've heard this is about "Fox wanting big stars on SD", which just goes to show you even outsiders know they have such limited stars. Then there's others who WE DON'T EVEN KNOW which show they actually belong to full time...but it really doesn't matter because at this point the brand split is fully gone pretty much and this is their way of going about it.

Now...onto titles. I watch every show every week and I have a hard time remembering who's IC AND US champion...Balor and...oh yeah, that shit that happened with Reymond and Joe! BARON CORBIN AS NUMBER ONE CONTENDER?!?! He wasn't bad before this...shaved hair...stupid lookin bald bitch in a shirt and slacks...he singlehandedly may have the worst look in WWE. The tag titles are another ridiculous state of affairs.

Not to mention...we STILL HAVE Shane McMahon going off SUPER HEEL on people....which I still have no idea what it's supposed to lead to. Nothing at all? What's the point? Now I may jump around here, but also Ziggler and Kingston..."THAT! SHOULD'VE! BEEN MEEEEEE!!!!!!! AGGGGHHHH!!!!" *Superkick*

*Every week over and over again.* Literally nothing else. Not to mention he is definitely the worst promo in the company right now with this character. Bar none. Lars Sullivan also repeats everything with no build or change.

He didn't look much taller than Kayla Braxton btw.

The only real forward moving stuff we're getting is the Firefly Funhouse. Which, while entertaining and over the top ridiculous, actually appears to be telling quite the character story, slowly but surely. Let that sink in. The only thing that's not repetitive shit is that. Goodbye.

I'm sure more will come up in this topic.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: State Of The WWE: Adressing The Crap.

Post by cero2k » Jun 8th, '19, 12:55

Good read Dozer. The only thing about the funhose is that I don't think a lot of people have any idea where this is going, and he does need to debut soon or later, so Hy all means, enjoy it while it lasts

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 8th, '19, 13:03

cero2k wrote: Jun 8th, '19, 12:55 Good read Dozer. The only thing about the funhose is that I don't think a lot of people have any idea where this is going, and he does need to debut soon or later, so Hy all means, enjoy it while it lasts
It appears to be some kind of backstory to his entire character to this point...that's been years in the making.

'Not letting Abbi The Witch rest", "Husky The Pig getting in shape"...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 8th, '19, 16:58

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 8th, '19, 12:03 He didn't look much taller than Kayla Braxton btw.
Even WWE's multi million dollar production department can't figure out how to photoshop him to look bigger than the Lucha Lucha bois...

...just have him stand on a crate like they did with Andre The Giant ffs...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 8th, '19, 17:48

Bob-O wrote: Jun 8th, '19, 16:58
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 8th, '19, 12:03 He didn't look much taller than Kayla Braxton btw.
Even WWE's multi million dollar production department can't figure out how to photoshop him to look bigger than the Lucha Lucha bois...

Lifts in his fuckin shoes...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 8th, '19, 21:15

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 8th, '19, 17:48
Bob-O wrote: Jun 8th, '19, 16:58

Lifts in his fuckin shoes...
This literally took me 10 minutes...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 11th, '19, 10:37

For me, it starts with stretching 2 hours worth of content over 5 hours of base tv. That's where I tune out. FIVE HOURS is quite the commitment. I work 55-60 hours a week, I've got a wife and two kids, I've got a house, a yard... a life... that free time, that five hours, is that precious "free time" that I can do WHATEVER I want - and I want to WANT to watch Raw and Smackdown, but I just don't. It's been years since I've felt like it was a good use of my time, when I got up and felt excited about it or satisfied because I'd been entertained.

Even though I stress "FIVE hours", I know as well as the rest that it's not really that... Hulu cuts Raw in half, fast forwarding through recaps and whatever, but why? I'd have these sitting on my DVR, or in my notifications on Hulu, for days and just not WANT to watch them. I could skip through a three hour episode of Raw in 20 minutes, or I could take 5 and just read a recap online. There came a point where I asked myself 'WTF are ya doin'??' I'm supposed to LIKE this, I'm supposed to LOOK FORWARD to it, if it's getting my cherished free time I should WANT to watch the whole thing! So why don't I?

Pretty much as you said Dozer, but in different words, nothing feels important. Nothing. Not titles, not wins or losses, not interactions between feuding parties, not even being on the show... nothing... and if it's not important, it's just not interesting. DIFFERENT can be interesting, but we don't get a whole lot of "different" these days either, between Wildcard Rules and the shows consisting of recap after recap and live angles feeling eerily similar to the live angles from last week and the shows strictly following this "tried and true" formula of starting out with a drawn out segment... not only is it not interesting, it's also predictable.

Now, I can deal with unimportant. I can deal with uninteresting. I can deal with predictable. I can deal with those things if it's at least ENTERTAINING. I spent every weekend of my childhood looking forward to the jobber squashes on Superstars and All American Challenge, predictable and unimportant are a-ok if I'm entertained. But this "formula" they've discovered... The scripting and the force feeding... I just can't do it. It's like voluntarily hanging out with entire staff of the Apple Store every week for five hours because you like your Android phone. Yep, that's neat and all, but I still don't want it... the more you try to make me want it, the more I'm going to resent you, but, hey I still like phones! See you guys next week? Lol, WHY??? I'm very much enjoying Firefly Funhouse, and while a disappointing use of talent, I'm finding myself looking forward to the 24/7 shenanigans each week... but that's not gonna sell the other 4.75 hours of my time. Sorry fellas.

Even Vince is willing to admit that things went off the rails, that their system is broken and they have no stars. Vince is willing to admit that change is needed, but by all accounts and the view from behind my laptop, even if he's serious their looking at changing the wrong things. The scramble for ratings over recent weeks, especially against the NBA, has been telling of where their thought process is. Desperately looking for a quick fix. Calling up people they don't know what to do with for the sake of "different". Going back to the same people over and over again because they were once "interesting"... or "should be" interesting (Corbin)... but it goes deeper.

They need new stars, but they're not patient enough to put in the work, and they're not willing to invest any of the star power they've got into making them. Rock, Austin, Edge, Undertaker, Rey, Cena, Eddie, Triple H, Orton, Batista, didn't happen overnight. We watched each one of them develop from the ground up, establishing characters we got to know over the course of time. Rocky Miavia didn't get repackaged as The Rock one week and become the face of the company, and I think that's what they're trying to do, and I also to an extent think that's what people expect to happen. There is no undercard, it's like they forgot how to undercard, and I think that's the most frustrating part for me. Back in the day, I didn't give a shit about Undertaker, Bret, Shawn, and Shamrock... I was tuning in to see Austin break into Pillman's house. I was tuning in to see what The Nation and DX had for each other this week. Not because the stories were great, but because "things" were happening FOR these guys. I knew Triple H and The Rock feuding over the IC Title was taking these guys places. "Things"... not only was there entertainment, but careers were taking off, and it's fun to watch people succeed. There's investment, not only from the producer, but from the viewer as well, and you don't get that from throwing Ricochet in there with Cesaro for three weeks for no reason... but viewer accountability as well, there's no investment in wondering why they won't just throw the World Title on Braun Strowman already.

The door is WIDE OPEN for another renesaunce in WWE, and they keep reaching for the duct tape and bondo while slapping the roof and telling us how many people they can pack into Met Life. It's frustrating, and I just don't have the time for it.

I've learned that I have all the time in the world for Impact and MLW... looking forward to making time for AEW as well!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 11th, '19, 17:59

Totally agree with Dozer's original post. My guess is that the issue here is Vince rewriting things every week sort of prevents anything from straying too far away from the core idea of the storyline, by which I mean the idea each storyline's segments are supposed to get over can be summed up in the one-sentence description for every week of the PPV cycle rather than moving forward.
I've been saying this going back years: One of WWE's major problems is that the TV seems intended to be self-contained rather than episodic so things don't progress. You just get the same ideas over and over again. A different side might come out on top each time, but when you've made wins and losses meaningless that doesn't help the segment this week feel any different than the segment for that storyline from the week before.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 12th, '19, 09:57

Also, take Renee Young OFF COMMENTARY! They're just trying to force her into another Cole/Saxton, but somehow she's even worse than both. It's probably partly due to inexperience, but this is her not place. I'm not sure why they ever took her off interviewing, but MOVE HER BACK.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 13th, '19, 08:14

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 09:57 Also, take Renee Young OFF COMMENTARY! They're just trying to force her into another Cole/Saxton, but somehow she's even worse than both. It's probably partly due to inexperience, but this is her not place. I'm not sure why they ever took her off interviewing, but MOVE HER BACK.
I'm curious to see how Beth does on NXT. Commentary has been awful in general for a while, Renee is on another level, but she's part of a much bigger problem.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 13th, '19, 08:54

Bob-O wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 08:14
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 09:57 Also, take Renee Young OFF COMMENTARY! They're just trying to force her into another Cole/Saxton, but somehow she's even worse than both. It's probably partly due to inexperience, but this is her not place. I'm not sure why they ever took her off interviewing, but MOVE HER BACK.
I'm curious to see how Beth does on NXT. Commentary has been awful in general for a while, Renee is on another level, but she's part of a much bigger problem.
She's been hit or miss. When she's good she's good, but when she isn't... she's another Renee Young.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 13th, '19, 09:57

It's not the people on commentary, it's the people screaming at the ears and the corporate scripts they need to follow.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 13th, '19, 10:33

cero2k wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 09:57 It's not the people on commentary, it's the people screaming at the ears and the corporate scripts they need to follow.
There has been no indication that this happens on Hunter-run shows.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 13th, '19, 10:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 10:33
cero2k wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 09:57 It's not the people on commentary, it's the people screaming at the ears and the corporate scripts they need to follow.
NXT sounds equally as corporate and full of slogans, catchphrases, and fake enthusiasm

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 13th, '19, 11:37

cero2k wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 10:39
NXT sounds equally as corporate and full of slogans, catchphrases, and fake enthusiasm
If Mauro's enthusiasm is fake then he does a remarkable job of faking it. People says he literally jumps out of his seat sometimes.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 13th, '19, 13:42

Alright, to wrap up a few thoughts and posts at once. Of course it's the dudes backstage in their ears shoutin' nonsense and bullshit that reflects on nonsense. Which is why I said "they're" just trying to make Renee another one of the hive like Saxton and Cole...both over the top goofy, obnoxious, and silly....while not all that great either.

Alright, it's not really known about commentating protocol on NXT...,But even if it's the same method and principle...they don't sound like complete jackasses and morons you just want to SHUT THE FUCK UP literally every sentence. Their commentary is..."watchable", or listenable...to be exact. It doesn't take away from the product or the product's enjoyment for that matter. If anything, they handle the method better without coming off as complete caricatures.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 13th, '19, 21:23

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 13:42 Alright, to wrap up a few thoughts and posts at once. Of course it's the dudes backstage in their ears shoutin' nonsense and bullshit that reflects on nonsense. Which is why I said "they're" just trying to make Renee another one of the hive like Saxton and Cole...both over the top goofy, obnoxious, and silly....while not all that great either.

Alright, it's not really known about commentating protocol on NXT...,But even if it's the same method and principle...they don't sound like complete jackasses and morons you just want to SHUT THE FUCK UP literally every sentence. Their commentary is..."watchable", or listenable...to be exact. It doesn't take away from the product or the product's enjoyment for that matter. If anything, they handle the method better without coming off as complete caricatures.
This. This right here. Especially that last paragraph.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 14th, '19, 05:38

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 11:37
cero2k wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 10:39

If Mauro's enthusiasm is fake then he does a remarkable job of faking it. People says he literally jumps out of his seat sometimes.
NXT feels different. Mauro feels like Joey Styles in ECW with his "Human Suplex Machines" and his "Suicidal...Homicidal...Genocidal...Death Defying..." than a a guy parroting things said in his ear he'd never say himself, even though they were all clearly Heyman's words coming out of his mouth. Nigel sounds less programmed than he did in Ring of Honor... so idk.

I think the difference is that Hunter Shows are given bullet points while Raw/Smackdown feel like they're on a strict guidline. Sure, Mauro is hits on WWE's agendas but he still sounds like he's invested and enjoying himself. Raw/Smackdown feel like Siri is hosting the shows... there's a big difference.