ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: I've started a thing called WRPX

Post by cero2k » Oct 7th, '20, 16:40

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 7th, '20, 13:10 What does the X stand for?
nothing really, just wanted a 4th letter to sound more radio-ish. Maybe it could be the 'Xast' from Podxast

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 7th, '20, 20:17

cero2k wrote: Oct 7th, '20, 16:40
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 7th, '20, 13:10 What does the X stand for?
nothing really, just wanted a 4th letter to sound more radio-ish. Maybe it could be the 'Xast' from Podxast
That works.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 7th, '20, 21:23

cero2k wrote: Oct 7th, '20, 10:36
Listening now. You have a really smooth voice, and clearly you have some vocal stamina to carry 60 mins by yourself. Idk about everybody else, but you can have ole NWK on as an occasional cohost anytime!
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 7th, '20, 21:33

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 7th, '20, 21:23
cero2k wrote: Oct 7th, '20, 10:36
Listening now. You have a really smooth voice, and clearly you have some vocal stamina to carry 60 mins by yourself. Idk about everybody else, but you can have ole NWK on as an occasional cohost anytime!
It's something I, too, am interested in doing, but have never done before, either.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 8th, '20, 08:03

I'd love to have you guys on, make it special episodes so we're not just running over Impact recaps. Let's pick a topic and a date

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 8th, '20, 09:12

Yeah sure, but you know I hate these indy fat boys!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 8th, '20, 10:38

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 8th, '20, 09:12 Yeah sure, but you know I hate these indy fat boys!
haha, that's be the perfect interview topic. "Dozer watches Indie Wrestling"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 8th, '20, 12:36

cero2k wrote: Oct 8th, '20, 10:38
KILLdozer wrote: Oct 8th, '20, 09:12 Yeah sure, but you know I hate these indy fat boys!
haha, that's be the perfect interview topic. "Dozer watches Indie Wrestling"
I'd almost say get BRM involved just for the drastically contrasting viewpoint lol.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 9th, '20, 01:24

This is AWESOME, Cero!!! I'm really excited for you!

...and, I'm not dead...

I'm alive and well! Related/Unrelated, sorry for the derail, but for those that I'm not close with outside of here, I started a freelance voice over business about nine months ago that kind of took off. It eats up 110% of my free time, and combine that with once the pandemic hit I really had no desire to watch empty arena shows. I gave that first week of NXT a spin and hated it, tried AEW which wasn't as bad... but I was good on it and had other things to do.

What started as an idea and a $50 microphone my wife plucked off my Amazon Wishlist for Christmas has since turned into about $2k worth of audio/video production equipment. My operation has moved from my desk to the little sound booth I built in the closet under my stairs. It's pretty exciting!

Full circle, I LOVE the podcast! If I can help IN ANY WAY, please reach out. I'd love to!

Intros, Outros, Drops... advice on software or anything - seriously let me know. If you want to do a "Reaction Style" special episode with a lapsed fan, I'm your guy. I'm seriously about six months out of the loop and mildly entertaining.

Anyone interested in what I've been up to, my latest demo:
phpBB [video]

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 9th, '20, 13:30

DUDE! THAT'S AWESOME! I'm happy for you!

I could totally use your help, that intro was the first time i've ever tried to doing audio editing. I'm going for the old audio tuner, but i'm just snipping audio tracks from youtube and roughly putting all together. I'm using Audacity since it's free and since i don't know any of the fancy buttons, it's been ok.

to everyone, give me a chance to smooth some stuff out and figure out what people are using to call and record and we can start playing around. I'd seriously would love to do some round tables (award season is coming!), but i've never known how any of you really got into wrestling and that stuff. It may not be compelling radio, but i think it be interesting.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 9th, '20, 14:16

"How any of you got into wrestling"...

That's a topic all in itself...🤔

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Oct 11th, '20, 04:07

First wrestling podcast I’ve listened to out side of OSW and 83 Weeks.

I’m enjoying your pronunciation of the Japanese names. On point. :D

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 11th, '20, 15:14

Earth Child wrote: Oct 11th, '20, 04:07
aw thank you! I've been so conscious about how it comes off. I find myself jumping from my US accent and the Mexican accent.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 11th, '20, 20:26

cero2k wrote: Oct 11th, '20, 15:14
Earth Child wrote: Oct 11th, '20, 04:07
aw thank you! I've been so conscious about how it comes off. I find myself jumping from my US accent and the Mexican accent.
You've gotta go Mexican accent...it'll add a nice contrast to my southern accent one day lol.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 11th, '20, 20:35

Bob-O wrote: Oct 9th, '20, 01:24 This is AWESOME, Cero!!! I'm really excited for you!

...and, I'm not dead...

I'm alive and well! Related/Unrelated, sorry for the derail, but for those that I'm not close with outside of here, I started a freelance voice over business about nine months ago that kind of took off. It eats up 110% of my free time, and combine that with once the pandemic hit I really had no desire to watch empty arena shows. I gave that first week of NXT a spin and hated it, tried AEW which wasn't as bad... but I was good on it and had other things to do.

What started as an idea and a $50 microphone my wife plucked off my Amazon Wishlist for Christmas has since turned into about $2k worth of audio/video production equipment. My operation has moved from my desk to the little sound booth I built in the closet under my stairs. It's pretty exciting!

Full circle, I LOVE the podcast! If I can help IN ANY WAY, please reach out. I'd love to!

Intros, Outros, Drops... advice on software or anything - seriously let me know. If you want to do a "Reaction Style" special episode with a lapsed fan, I'm your guy. I'm seriously about six months out of the loop and mildly entertaining.

Anyone interested in what I've been up to, my latest demo:
phpBB [video]
I also haven't seen shit since March...so I agree and can guarantee an episode with Bob-O and myself offering merely outsider's perspective based purely on news and what not would he quite good.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 13th, '20, 00:47

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 11th, '20, 20:35 I also haven't seen shit since March...so I agree and can guarantee an episode with Bob-O and myself offering merely outsider's perspective based purely on news and what not would he quite good.
The possibilities are endless. You could just lie to us for an hour...

"Yeah! So you're telling me you guys didn't know Goldberg and Ryback headlining Summerslam!? They did it on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, people shat on it, but Meltzer gave it 4.5 stars... they told a great story..."

"...how about when they returned to Titan Towers after quarantine lockdown and found Lio Rush had been locked in a bathroom the entire time... drinking water out of a motion controlled faucet and eating foaming hand soap to survive... that was national news! He was really pissed."

XIV

Post by XIV » Oct 13th, '20, 13:05

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 9th, '20, 14:16 "How any of you got into wrestling"...

That's a topic all in itself...🤔
Flicking through TV channels late at night, headed to Sky Sports hoping for some football (soccer) and instead found Triple H giving Big Show a pedigree and thought it was the coolest damn thing I'd ever seen. I was sold.

There. Done. Short topic
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 13th, '20, 17:15

Bob-O wrote: Oct 13th, '20, 00:47
KILLdozer wrote: Oct 11th, '20, 20:35 I also haven't seen shit since March...so I agree and can guarantee an episode with Bob-O and myself offering merely outsider's perspective based purely on news and what not would he quite good.
The possibilities are endless. You could just lie to us for an hour...

"Yeah! So you're telling me you guys didn't know Goldberg and Ryback headlining Summerslam!? They did it on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, people shat on it, but Meltzer gave it 4.5 stars... they told a great story..."

"...how about when they returned to Titan Towers after quarantine lockdown and found Lio Rush had been locked in a bathroom the entire time... drinking water out of a motion controlled faucet and eating foaming hand soap to survive... that was national news! He was really pissed."
Now I wan there to be a regular segment called "Bob-O invents the news."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation