The Phenom

Tell it to the world!!
BOD

The Phenom

Post by BOD » Jan 1st, '11, 13:19

As a fan of WWE Undertaker has always been the top of my list of performers i've been researching all day of the Deadmans rise to the top of the wrestling world.

Born Mark Callaway March 24th 1965 in Houston Texas. Mark was destined for athletic stardom from the begining a tall lanky man at 6"10 his dream was to play pro basketball. However in College a man needed somebody to go into wrestling with him Mark first said no but decided what the hay i'll go for it. Prior to wrestling you have to train to wrestle Mark was trained by Don Jardine to pay for his training he borrowed money from his brother bounced in bars and was a tax collector.

His debut was under WCCW as Texas Red he wrestled ther for 4 years Taker has had sevral gimmicks over the years The Punisher Master Of Pain all very fitting for his size and firce ability.

His big break came in 1989 in The WCW as Mean Mark Callous teamed with Dan Spivey to form the new Skyscrappers Mean Mark got over in the tag team divison but still wanted somthing not long after Spivey left WCW so did Mark to go to greener pastures in the WWE. However in his first meeting with the King of Wrestling Vince Mcmahon. Mcmahon didn't have a spot for the young hungry wrestler so Mark went home to Texas unempoyed.

Not long after his first meeting Vince called and Said Hello is this the Undertaker.After a few seconds Taker realized it was Vince and replied Hell yeah i'm the Undertaker. Vince had a vison of an old western undertaker wearing a trenchcoat and hat to take the souls of wrestlers and from that day forward Taker has been involved with the WWE one of the longest Runs in WWE history. Sting was called the Franchise of WCW because when he got there he never left i think Taker is the franchise of WWE.

Although Vince had the idea of the Undertaker charecter he allowed Taker to do his own thing, Taker is master of changing with the times weather it be a new fresh look or a new move Taker is always changing. From 1990 til 1994 he was the original Deadman grey gloves grey tie big black hat. He dominated anybody that entered the ring with including Hulk Hogan who was nearly untouchable at that time. 1994 Taker lost a casket match to yokozuna and vowed to have rebirth of the undertaker. Summerslam of 94 marked that return as Ted Dibase claimed to buy the Undertaker however in one of the most srangest matches Taker prove he could not be bought by takin on an imposter undertaker (brian lee)
The grey attire was replaced with purple and black as Taker continued to dominate the 90's 1996 saw yet another change as long time Ally Paul Bearer turned on Taker to side with mankind. Takers new attire was all black seemingly saying he was depressed that the only man he trusted left him. Taker continued to battle Bearer's army which also included Taker's long lost brother Kane. How many men in recent history dominated the Deadman like Kane i say nobody.

As the 90's came to an end Taker's darkside took a new crazy twist as he formed the ministry of darkness lead by Taker and Paul Bearer. The Ministry featured new wrestlers such as Edge and Christian JBL and sevral others as they dominated everybody else in front of them with Taker leading the way however The Mcmahon faction would join Taker and be named the corporate ministry IMO was the lowest point in the Deadmans WWE run. In mid 1999 Taker to time off to nurse nagging injuries but when he returned hell would not be able to contain The American Bad Ass.

In the year 2000 Taker returned but he wasn't the drk scary guy that we were use to seeing Taker was now coming in on a motorcycle which is really close to Mark Calloway as you can get. Again rising to the top of the ranks as he beat Hogan again in 2002. iN 2003 Taker had a match with Vince Mcmahon in a buried alive match where he debuted at survivor series. Taker was buried by his own brother Kane.

In 2004 Taker returned to the darkside and faced his brother Kane at Wrestlemania 20. And to this day he's still in that same charecter dominating the wrestling his carrer is and always will be one of the top stars to lace up boots. Taker will go down in history as simply The Phenom.
11/10/10
BOD & Knockouts95

Big Red Machine

Re: The Phenom

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 1st, '11, 18:43

You're writing this like you think his retirement is imminent. I think he's still got some time left.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

BOD

Post by BOD » Jan 1st, '11, 19:04

No on the contrary i still think he has some time left as well i'm just saying when he does hang up his boots he will still be the Phenom
11/10/10
BOD & Knockouts95

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 1st, '11, 19:18

BOD wrote: i'm just saying when he does hang up his boots he will still be the Phenom
I see what you are saying. There are some guys who it would be cool for them to come back and put a new guy over, but if he ever makes any sort of brief comeback, I don't think Taker should ever lose cleanly (and only rarely lose at all), because it would take away from his special mystique.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

BOD

Post by BOD » Jan 1st, '11, 19:25

I know what you mean but if Taker never lost people might start to take him like they did Hogan and Taker has more ability to get younger people over in the process of stamping even more ink on his legacy
11/10/10
BOD & Knockouts95

knockout95

Post by knockout95 » Jan 1st, '11, 19:48

Great read as always BOD. It's going to be a very sad day when Undertaker finally does retire.
11/10/10
BOD and Knockout95