Your 5 star matches

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Re: Your 5 star matches

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '12, 08:44

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:I'm thinking about adding Undertaker vs. Stone Cold in their First Blood Match from Fully Loaded '99. That match had so much build going into it, so much writing on it, and the stips were played perfectly. Plus, the psychology of it was UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME. By far the best psychology of a First Blood Match I've ever seen. What do you think?
Haven't seen it yet. I guess I'll go watch it. Personally, though, I think First Blood matches are moronic, and having them as a stip intended to be either "hardcore" or "extreme" in any way is ridiculous.
That was another thing; the stip wasn't for a "hardcore" reason like "someone's gonna bleed!" It was more like "Austin, what I want is your blood." It was played the way it should be. And the stips behind it were the title was on the line, if 'Taker won Austin would never compete for the title again, and if Austin won McMahon would leave the company. The whole match, Vince was on commentary and it was perfect because he was playing to the stip of First Blood the whole time. They kept trying to ram each other with the steel steps and chairs and stuff and McMahon was amazing, "COME ON 'TAKER! OPEN UP THAT CUT! OPEN HIM UP!" Both Austin and 'Taker had already bled that night too, so Austin had a bandage on his forehead and 'Taker was wiping blood with a washcloth before the match started.
Ah. Okay. I just watched the hype package.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 23rd, '12, 16:58

Big Red Machine wrote:Ah. Okay. I just watched the hype package.
The match has to be on YouTube somewhere.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Jan 24th, '12, 12:06

yourcrapsweak wrote:I'm thinking about adding Undertaker vs. Stone Cold in their First Blood Match from Fully Loaded '99. That match had so much build going into it, so much writing on it, and the stips were played perfectly. Plus, the psychology of it was UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME. By far the best psychology of a First Blood Match I've ever seen. What do you think?
GREAT match. The contract being signed in Austin's blood was a perfect touch.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 24th, '12, 14:34

Now you got me interested. I'm watching it right now. :)

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 24th, '12, 17:18

Serujuunin wrote:
Tell me what you think.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '12, 21:17

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:
Tell me what you think.
I'd give it a 9/10. it just didn't feel like a 10/10 to me. They told the story very well and the overbooking worked, but it felt that exciting. I didn't really get the feeling that any punch could potentially end the match.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 25th, '12, 07:02

Big Red Machine wrote:I didn't really get the feeling that any punch could potentially end the match.
I thought Vince's commentary did that perfectly.
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 25th, '12, 12:02

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I didn't really get the feeling that any punch could potentially end the match.
I thought Vince's commentary did that perfectly.
Eh. He was great on commentary, but I didn't really get that feeling. Putting over the fact that both men were busted open earlier in the night would have helped this more, IMO.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 26th, '12, 08:13

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:
Tell me what you think.
I only got to see the first part. Apparently posting full matches isn't important to those people on YouTube. :P

I'll hunt down the rest of it when I have the time.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 26th, '12, 12:47

Serujuunin wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:
Tell me what you think.
I only got to see the first part. Apparently posting full matches isn't important to those people on YouTube. :P

It is all there. That's where I watched it. Just search "Austin Undertaker first blood"

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 26th, '12, 17:01

Big Red Machine wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote: Tell me what you think.

It is all there. That's where I watched it. Just search "Austin Undertaker first blood"
Well I may have to do that. I was looking for the PPV by name...

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 26th, '12, 17:27

If you have Netflix, it's on there for instant play in Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker (look into that too, it's my favorite WWE DVD of all time). I dunno if it's there in Canada but it might be.
-Kevin Steen

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 26th, '12, 20:20

yourcrapsweak wrote:If you have Netflix, it's on there for instant play in Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker (look into that too, it's my favorite WWE DVD of all time). I dunno if it's there in Canada but it might be.
I've not really been a fan of Netflix, but I think I have that DVD lying around somewhere. I won it at a PPV when I used to go see them in theatres, 'cause I properly answered a trivia question. I won a nice WWE duffel bag too. :D

Depending on how much time I have after Impact I'll dig it out. I really want to see the rest of it now. :P

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 26th, '12, 22:49

Well, I watched it. Most of it anyway. Trying to watch wrestling and study zoology is not easy. :P

Anyway, I did like the match a lot. Dunno if I'd give it five stars, but it was really close. It's kind of hard to define criteria for a five star match.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 3rd, '12, 14:45

Just added The Rock vs. Triple H in a 60 minute Iron Man match from Judgment Day 2000

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 3rd, '12, 15:41

Big Red Machine wrote:Just added The Rock vs. Triple H in a 60 minute Iron Man match from Judgment Day 2000
is this match a 5star? Ima check it out bc you're giving it 5, it took place in the Bluegrass City (LEX; my home town) AND it featured the return of Taker in my fav incarnation: the American Bad Ass!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 12th, '12, 14:47

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Just added The Rock vs. Triple H in a 60 minute Iron Man match from Judgment Day 2000
is this match a 5star? Ima check it out bc you're giving it 5, it took place in the Bluegrass City (LEX; my home town) AND it featured the return of Taker in my fav incarnation: the American Bad a**!
not sure if 5 star, but it had the best wwe crowd ever

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 12th, '12, 15:31

cero2k wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:
is this match a 5star? Ima check it out bc you're giving it 5, it took place in the Bluegrass City (LEX; my home town) AND it featured the return of Taker in my fav incarnation: the American Bad a**!
not sure if 5 star, but it had the best wwe crowd ever
Loservillians love wrestling....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 20th, '12, 23:47

Just added Nigel vs. Aries from SCOH III

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Feb 21st, '12, 16:29

Upon great deliberation, I've added The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels from WrestleMania XXVI and The Undertaker vs. Triple H at WrestleMania XXVII.