90'S

Tell it to the world!!
BOD

90'S

Post by BOD » Jan 18th, '11, 15:25

Think back to a time where all was simple big hair was cool and Acid jeans were a must think of your attitude think of your cockiness your drive then you tip your hat to the 90's a great era in time. Where the wa;lman was cool and cassete players were in cars long before Cd's YO-YO'S and slinkies were Christmas presents from that Aunt you hated or the birth of the gameboy and gameboy color when beating Super Mario Bros for super nintendo was the coolest thing ever. Saying NOT! At the end of a phrase made you da bomb and everything was cool. Or what about shows such as Animaniacs or who could forget Power Rangers lol. The 90's were indeed amaizing.

Wrestling was the coolest thing on earth you had guys like Jake Roberts attacking the Macho Man Randy Savage with a king cobra Shawn Michaels was the boy toy and Bret Hart was the toughest man in Pink. Alot of feuds developed in the coming decade such as Bret ANd Shawn one of the most talked about feuds in wrestling or Undertaker Vs Ted Dibiase's coporation Jerry Lawler VS Jake the snake Roberts or Jerry Lawler VS The Harts. We also saw two brothers the Hart Brothers Owen And Bret tear a legacy wide open with a feud that touched lives before Austin before The Rock everybody talks about the Attitude era which was mid to late 90's and that was a good era but in my humble opinion This was the Hay day of wrestling the early 90's.
Anybody watch and old match and notice the bright neon colors the bright blues and reds it was incredible i get lost in that even now.

As a fan think about that era of the 90's think of the whole decade and tell me what you liked the best. Then think they'll never happen again almost gets you teary eyed to think about it dosen't it then think our kids won't get what coolness we got its a shame but may they Rest In Peace
11/10/10
BOD & Knockouts95

Rabid619

Re: 90'S

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 18th, '11, 21:46

I liked the 90s. They had the Monday Night Wars, Attitude Era, The birth of The Great One, the Texas Rattlesnake, The Deadman, The Big Red Machine. Great times if you ask me.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 18th, '11, 22:49

I agree entirely! The ninties put wrestling on the map, made it mainstream and cool an acceptable, and better yet, it wasn't PG!

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jan 18th, '11, 23:19

I would say the 80s put it on the map. Its called the golden age for a reason.

But the 90s did bring in alot more viewers from different target groups

Y2J
Future Endeavored

Post by Y2J » Jan 19th, '11, 04:29

Serujuunin wrote:I agree entirely! The ninties put wrestling on the map, made it mainstream and cool an acceptable, and better yet, it wasn't PG!
Actually a fair bit of the 90's was PG. Also I have to echo what Earth Child said, if anything it was the 80's that put wrestling on the map.

BOD

Post by BOD » Jan 19th, '11, 08:43

The early 90's were all PG late 90's
11/10/10
BOD & Knockouts95

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 19th, '11, 08:51

Well, what I remember seeing of the 90s certainly wasn't. Maybe I'm the wrong person, as I was born in 1990 and really only remember the late 90s...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 19th, '11, 08:56

like you know he didnt just mean wrestling of nineties huh :p
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 19th, '11, 09:09

Y2J wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:I agree entirely! The ninties put wrestling on the map, made it mainstream and cool an acceptable, and better yet, it wasn't PG!
Actually a fair bit of the 90's was PG. Also I have to echo what Earth Child said, if anything it was the 80's that put wrestling on the map.
And let us not forget that what was PG in the 90's is def NOT the same as it is now. WWF was PG but back then, you could sit down with the family and watch someone get bitten by a snake or or see said snake squished by a 400lbs man. Nowadays, you can't even choke a guy with a tie! Back then, when you piledrove your cousin and busted hi head open, you got a whooping and a grounding; nowadays your parents sue the company!

What a ridiculous world we live in.....

BOD

Post by BOD » Jan 19th, '11, 11:17

KILLdozer wrote:like you know he didnt just mean wrestling of nineties huh :p

Exactly Doze i didn't just mean Wrestling
11/10/10
BOD & Knockouts95

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Jan 19th, '11, 13:06

I was born, and became a wrestling fan, in the 90's. The feud that made me the wrestling fan I am now was the 1996 conflict between The Undertaker and Mankind. I was amazed at what they both brought to the table. Especially with their Boiler Room Brawl, Buried Alive match, the No-Holds-Barred match on Raw is War (which my mother actually almost switched the channel from, convinced that I'd want to do this for a living some day; she was absolutely correct, and after throwing a major fit, she let me see the end of the match). Their April 1997 match for the WWF Title and, of course, the Hell in a Cell match at the 1998 King of the Ring, were both amazing to a grade-school Sassafras. I think those 5 matches cemented wrestling in my mind as the greatest thing I'll ever have in my life.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 19th, '11, 15:16

BOD wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:like you know he didnt just mean wrestling of nineties huh :p

Exactly Doze i didn't just mean Wrestling
well 90s music was certainly killer
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 20th, '13, 15:39

Y2J wrote:
I'd say MOST of the 90's was PG. The first real "envelope pushing" thing I can think of was the Austin/Pillman Gun thing from late '96. '97 would be the year the Monday Night Wars took off and it was a constant game of going further than last week. I'd say they were PG (with some exceptions) for most of '97 as well.

'96 was Babyface Bret Hart, Babyface Razor Ramone, Owen and Bulldog, Vader, Blueblood Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Wildman Marc Mero, Ahmed Johnson... WCW was still all about The Dungeon of Doom ending Hulkamania, Randy Savage was still a Babyface, and Sting, while not blonde anymore, was still colorfull.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated was still a relevant place to get news and results, and besides Macho Man and Elizabeth I had no idea who was dating who and I didn't care.

The 90's were a wonderfull thing...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Oct 20th, '13, 15:47

Bob-O wrote:
Y2J wrote:
I'd say MOST of the 90's was PG. The first real "envelope pushing" thing I can think of was the Austin/Pillman Gun thing from late '96. '97 would be the year the Monday Night Wars took off and it was a constant game of going further than last week. I'd say they were PG (with some exceptions) for most of '97 as well.

'96 was Babyface Bret Hart, Babyface Razor Ramone, Owen and Bulldog, Vader, Blueblood Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Wildman Marc Mero, Ahmed Johnson... WCW was still all about The Dungeon of Doom ending Hulkamania, Randy Savage was still a Babyface, and Sting, while not blonde anymore, was still colorfull.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated was still a relevant place to get news and results, and besides Macho Man and Elizabeth I had no idea who was dating who and I didn't care.

The 90's were a wonderfull thing...
just like I said before tho: PG back then was still more risque than PG is now. At least back then people could still bleed....