MITB 2013: Blue vs Red

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.

MITB?

WWE Title (All Stars)
No votes
WHW Title (All Heels)
100%

Total votes: 4

cero2k
Site Admin

MITB 2013: Blue vs Red

Post by cero2k » Jul 15th, '13, 12:44

MITB 2013 is in the books. We had two MITB matches, one with all heels and one called "all stars" with a bunch of guys that had fought in MITB before, and most importantly, are top draws.

What was your favorite MITB match from this year?

Big Red Machine

Re: MITB 2013: Blue vs Red

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 15th, '13, 13:40

The Smackdown one was better, but not by much.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 16th, '13, 21:04

I tuned in late and missed the WHC MITB, but I'm voting for it anyway based on what a wet fart I thought the All Star Match was.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 16th, '13, 21:32

Bob-O wrote:I tuned in late and missed the WHC MITB, but I'm voting for it anyway based on what a wet fart I thought the All Star Match was.
That bad?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 16th, '13, 22:30

Big Red Machine wrote:
Bob-O wrote:I tuned in late and missed the WHC MITB, but I'm voting for it anyway based on what a wet fart I thought the All Star Match was.
That bad?
IMO... yep.

Partially due to REALLY high expectations going in. I mean, Punk, Danielson, Christian, and RVD had the potential to do some CRAZY spots. Orton and Sheamus typically deliver come game time, and the intrigue of who might replace Kane had me pretty amped for this. When Cena vs Henry came on in the bitch position, I just KNEW this thing was gonna be awesome.

Needless to say, I was underwhelmed. Starting with the entrances, why would you bring out the big hyped-up return first? That alone should have been memorable. Then, I get that it involved the entire upper tier of the roster, but they put some serious limitations on these guys. Most of the match was 1 on 1 while the pack was taking it easy on the outside. The ONLY spot I popped for was the RKO off the ladder, and that fell flat when Orton wound up winning after it. I wasn't pulling for him. Who would be? MITB has always been an underdog-type thing.

No replacement for Kane, the Heyman stuff was incredibly predictable, and the whole thing I felt was anti-climatic.

Mother-eff... where's Shelton when ya need him!?