From all promotions in the world, who has the best of each of the divisions?

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
cero2k
Site Admin

From all promotions in the world, who has the best of each of the divisions?

Post by cero2k » Apr 25th, '16, 14:19

As of right now, all promotions eligeble, what promotions have the best of each of the typical wrestling divisions

- Singles Male Heavyweight (Main event, mid card)

- Singles Female

- Singles Male Lowerweight (Jrs/X/Cruiser/Light/etc)

- Tag Team Division (Tag, Trios)

Big Red Machine

Re: From all promotions in the world, who has the best of each of the divisions?

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 25th, '16, 19:48

Are we talking potential based on the talent that is there, or are we talking based on the current product?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: From all promotions in the world, who has the best of each of the divisions?

Post by cero2k » Apr 26th, '16, 09:15

Big Red Machine wrote:Are we talking potential based on the talent that is there, or are we talking based on the current product?
I'd say talent, but also consider in as how they're using the talent. WWE main roster has better talent IMO in the women's division than NXT, but NXT is using them better. So i'd say NXT

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 26th, '16, 10:06

Hmmm... it's hard to be WWE for male singles (especially since they poached AJ from New Japan and Sami Zayn got called up).

Single females... I think I might just give it to the WWE main roster right now. NXT uses their women better, but aside from Bayley and Asuka there really isn't much raw talent there as far as in-ring stuff goes.

Male lowerweight... um... hmm... WWE, ROH, and LU don't have one. I guess it's between TNA and New Japan. I think I'll give it to New Japan because TNA's gets a big boost from Eddie Edwards who is really just temporarily being borrowed from the tag team division.

For tag teams, I don't think anyone in the world comes close to ROH right now, and that is taking ROH's almost completely ineffective booking of the tag team undercard into account. That division is so ridiculously stacked it's not even funny.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 26th, '16, 11:48

For myself

Singles Male Heavyweight: I'm going to give it Lucha Underground. They have a dominant champ and every single challenger is protected and wouldn't really need a lot of build to get a shot. The side feuds like Mundo/Cage is strong, and they could even afford to put Puma/Rey Mysterio in the trios deal without hurting the main event.

Women's Division - "WWE main roster has better talent IMO in the women's division than NXT, but NXT is using them better. So i'd say NXT". Surely only Bayley and Asuka are the best ones, but I think that Bliss, Royce, Kay, and Emma can always rise to the occasion. Eva and Dana are amazing characters that can give us interesting matches, and we have some good girls being used as jobbers.

Lowerweight Male division - I think that if I answer this in two months, NJPW could have a really strong presence, but as of now, i'm going to go with CMLL, their lowerweights are really carrying the company, they're sooo much better than the heavyweights IMO.

Tag Team Division - Just like Red said, nothing comes close to the ROH tag division, it does feel really clustered sometimes, but I love how almost everyone feels like a strong team. What the hell are they waiting to do a tag team tournament. Maybe instead of SOTF?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 26th, '16, 12:33

cero2k wrote:
Tag Team Division - Just like Red said, nothing comes close to the ROH tag division, it does feel really clustered sometimes, but I love how almost everyone feels like a strong team. What the hell are they waiting to do a tag team tournament. Maybe instead of SOTF?
Not instead of SOTF. SOTF is too big a deal to replace with something like this. What they should do with SOTF if move it back to one night and run it as an iPPV.

But a tag team tournament would be a really good idea, though. They haven't done Tag Wars in a while. If they do it as four qualifies and then an elimination match to set up a #1 contender, they've already got:
MCMG
Addiction
Briscoes (or War Machine)
ACH/Sydal
Bucks
ANX
RPG Vice
reDRagon

Or, if you want to be even more ambitious, a full-on return on of the Race to the Top Tournament:
MCMG
Addiction
Briscoes
ACH/Sydal
Bucks
ANX
RPG Vice
reDRagon
Silas/Bruiser
Bob/Hughes
HOT (Lethal/Daddiego)
Cedric Alexander/someone who he pays to team with him (Roddy?)
Whitmer/Colby
That's already fourteen, and then you could throw in Moose/Cheeseburger as one team and see if you can get Liger-Mask in from New Japan (maybe you do this during the G1).

Tag Wars would be a great way to fill up a weekend. A Race to the Top Tournament would need to happen over a triple-shot, IMO (they have one coming up in early June, but that's right towards the end of BOSJ so they'd probably lose reDRagon, RPG Vice, the Bucks, and Sydal, plus the ability to use Liger-Mask so they'd have to do a different triple-shot) just because so many tag matches would make it feel way too repetitive for two nights. The first night will by necessity have to be eight first-round tag matches and that will be what it will be, but I think the second night would really suffer if you had to squeeze three rounds into it (that's seven matches) plus you'd have to do something with everyone who was eliminated night one plus the guys who weren't in the tournament in the first place.
Best way to do it would be like this:
Night 1- eight first-round matches, plus a six-way between guys who aren't in the tournament (Cole, Page, Rush, Cabana, Castle, Dijak?) with the winner getting a title shot on the next weekend IF he wins doesn't get pinned the rest of weekend.
Night 2- Second-round matches, fallout from night 1
Night 3- semifinals and finals plus other fallout from night 2
(The fallout could be stuff like someone getting a TV Title shot for pinning the champ, matches resulting from people screwing each other on finishes, or even a gimmick like "if there is a team that loses all three of their matches in one weekend, they are out of ROH forever")

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » May 3rd, '16, 14:27

Singles: LU. Every wrestler is so good in that promotion I will watch any of them in a singles match.
Tag: WWE (this is said as someone who doesn't watch ROH ) Dudleys, Enzo and Cass, Anderson/Gallows, The Usos. Lucha Dragons,
Womens: WWE
Lower Male Division: New Japan. Any Juniorweight stuff is the highlight of an NJPW stuff
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.