Orton vs. Wyatt All-Time Worst Feud?

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
Big Red Machine

Orton vs. Wyatt All-Time Worst Feud?

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 20th, '16, 12:54

I mean... has there ever been a "serious" feud between two top guys that has been so consistently awful? No good matches or clean finishes, bad booking, bait-and-switches, completely random use of terrible gimmick matches...
At least when something is atrocious in ROH (like The Cabinet) or in Lucha Underground there is enough meat there for me to give an intellectual explanation of why it is so wrong, and most of the time in TNA it's f*cking stupid enough for me to at least gain some measure of comfort via cathartic rant, and usually in WWE I can at least explain why something is bad from a booking perspective and what flaws it shows in WWE's overall philosophy... but this feud is just bad, plain and simple. And I do mean "plain and simple" because there is no meat there other than the fact that their segments are just very poor ideas.

By the way, my inspiration for making this post was that as I sat down to watch last week's Impact, it had the last few scenes of the previous PopTV show recorded, and the first thing I saw was a woman in a mental asylum having a freak-out and screaming "NO MORE! NO MORE!" in utter terror... and what she was doing was pretty darn close to what I was doing during this week's Smackdown.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Orton vs. Wyatt All-Time Worst Feud?

Post by cero2k » Oct 20th, '16, 14:04

Arguably, Ambrose vs Lesnar was a far worse feud this year alone, it just lasted a lot less time. I see what you're going for, but this feud feels as bad as all the other Wyatt feuds since Shield vs Wyatts

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 20th, '16, 14:35

cero2k wrote:Arguably, Ambrose vs Lesnar was a far worse feud this year alone, it just lasted a lot less time. I see what you're going for, but this feud feels as bad as all the other Wyatt feuds since Shield vs Wyatts
That feud had some bad moments, but at least there was some kind of story there that was theoretically intended to benefit both men, and all of the promos actually made sense.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 20th, '16, 14:39

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:Arguably, Ambrose vs Lesnar was a far worse feud this year alone, it just lasted a lot less time. I see what you're going for, but this feud feels as bad as all the other Wyatt feuds since Shield vs Wyatts
That feud had some bad moments, but at least there was some kind of story there that was theoretically intended to benefit both men, and all of the promos actually made sense.
you DO remember the Chainsaw, right?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 20th, '16, 15:19

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
you DO remember the Chainsaw, right?
It wasn't believable, but it did make sense. And they did actually have Dean try to use it in the match. Orton vs. Wyatt has been three months of gobbledygook.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 22nd, '16, 10:27

Those bastards have been shit for far too long!

Maybe Wyatt really could have used a larger family, and more dominance would have helped, plus not losing to Cena and The Undertaker , idk though.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 22nd, '16, 16:33

KILLdozer wrote:Those bastards have been shit for far too long!

Maybe Wyatt really could have used a larger family, and more dominance would have helped, plus not losing to Cena and The Undertaker , idk though.
yeah, talk about mismanagement, Wyatt should have been the top heel champ a year from his debut, but Hunter and Steph HAD to be on screen and get their shit authority angle going. It's understandable losing to Cena and Taker, because Cena and Tker, but they really fucked it up. Imagine Wyatt as the first person to go after Bryan after winning the title, that could have saved both Wyatt and Dragon from that shitty Kane/Dragon feud

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 22nd, '16, 18:14

Whether he was the top heel or not has nothing to do with it. The problem is that the character has had no direction since his feud with Cena ended. If they had brought him up with a long-term plan for what the character was going to be and where he was going to go, he wouldn't be so stale right now.

Also, WWE's general laziness has led to everything he does being repetitive.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 22nd, '16, 19:11

Who else should have been a Wyatt?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 22nd, '16, 20:22

Big Red Machine wrote:Whether he was the top heel or not has nothing to do with it. The problem is that the character has had no direction since his feud with Cena ended. If they had brought him up with a long-term plan for what the character was going to be and where he was going to go, he wouldn't be so stale right now.

yeah, there's no defending the laziness of doing the same thing over and over again, but the direction thing is why i think they should have given him the title, it's the simplest way to give someone direction, "i want the title because the title comes with 'power' and what not', unfortunately, WWE can't just have feuds be about titles, they always have to introduce some side story with every title feud

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 22nd, '16, 20:38

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Whether he was the top heel or not has nothing to do with it. The problem is that the character has had no direction since his feud with Cena ended. If they had brought him up with a long-term plan for what the character was going to be and where he was going to go, he wouldn't be so stale right now.

yeah, there's no defending the laziness of doing the same thing over and over again, but the direction thing is why i think they should have given him the title, it's the simplest way to give someone direction, "i want the title because the title comes with 'power' and what not', unfortunately, WWE can't just have feuds be about titles, they always have to introduce some side story with every title feud
That wouldn't stop their laziness. He'd be cutting the same promos he is now, but with a belt around his waist.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 26th, '16, 12:01

Does anyone remember the Kane/Mysterio feud

Adamle: Did you attack Rey Mysterio in the parking lot
Kane: Yes I did. Also I have his mask in a bag and no one's seen him for weeks and no one is concerned
I would say that's my all time worst feud. No feud has been so lazily booked that they didn't show us what was happening.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 26th, '16, 12:25

just watched Smackdown, I can't wait to see Red's reaction to this storyline

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 26th, '16, 19:01

NWK2000 wrote:Does anyone remember the Kane/Mysterio feud

Kane: Yes I did. Also I have his mask in a bag and no one's seen him for weeks and no one is concerned
I would say that's my all time worst feud. No feud has been so lazily booked that they didn't show us what was happening.
No no no no!

See I remember this... at first you didn't know WHO the mask in the bag belonged to and then it became like the biggest giant "Masked Kane" return you'd ever seen.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 26th, '16, 19:02

cero2k wrote:just watched Smackdown, I can't wait to see Red's reaction to this storyline
Yep, I await his review!

The looks on everybody's faces though lmao.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 26th, '16, 20:46

At least that kind of went somewhere. This is so damn plodding.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 27th, '16, 08:37

Big Red Machine wrote:

But at least if I wanted to expand upon the statement "Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt play mind games with one another" I could tell you what's been happening. Unlike the Rey/Kane feud where it was "Kane had Rey's mask in a bag because he beat him up." and that's all I could say to give substance to it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 27th, '16, 09:23

NWK2000 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

But at least if I wanted to expand upon the statement "Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt play mind games with one another" I could tell you what's been happening. Unlike the Rey/Kane feud where it was "Kane had Rey's mask in a bag because he beat him up." and that's all I could say to give substance to it.
I'd rather have something simple and grounded than something that is the same corny special effects all over again.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Nov 18th, '16, 11:40

The more Smackdown I watch, the more I'm convinced this is a pretty good position for Randy Orton. He can do his RKOs but give the limelight to Bray who arguably has more in ring life than Randy at this point.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 18th, '16, 11:57

NWK2000 wrote:The more Smackdown I watch, the more I'm convinced this is a pretty good position for Randy Orton. He can do his RKOs but give the limelight to Bray who arguably has more in ring life than Randy at this point.
Okay... but what has ever come of Bray being given the limelight?
Also, I'm 100% certain Randy is going to turn on the Wyatts at the PPV, so this will all become moot.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation