Orton vs. Wyatt All-Time Worst Feud?

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
NWK2000

Re: Orton vs. Wyatt All-Time Worst Feud?

Post by NWK2000 » Nov 18th, '16, 12:20

Big Red Machine wrote:
NWK2000 wrote:The more Smackdown I watch, the more I'm convinced this is a pretty good position for Randy Orton. He can do his RKOs but give the limelight to Bray who arguably has more in ring life than Randy at this point.
Okay... but what has ever come of Bray being given the limelight?
Also, I'm 100% certain Randy is going to turn on the Wyatts at the PPV, so this will all become moot.
Not disagreeing, but a 36 year old Orton is best served as a background guy.
I've heard a rumor that Orton vs Wyatt might be a Mania match, so that would indicate the turn would take place at Rumble.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 18th, '16, 12:25

NWK2000 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
NWK2000 wrote:The more Smackdown I watch, the more I'm convinced this is a pretty good position for Randy Orton. He can do his RKOs but give the limelight to Bray who arguably has more in ring life than Randy at this point.
Okay... but what has ever come of Bray being given the limelight?
Also, I'm 100% certain Randy is going to turn on the Wyatts at the PPV, so this will all become moot.
I've heard a rumor that Orton vs Wyatt might be a Mania match, so that would indicate the turn would take place at Rumble.
Disagree. A 36 year old Orton is a main event quality wrestler in the ring, is one of the most over guys in the company, and is probably the only guy on the roster right now who you can have be the babyface who fights other babyface or the heel who fights other heels while still maintaining the same intensity you'd get from a babyface vs. heel match. Randy is needed in the main event (who else does Smackdown even have once AJ is done with Dean?)
Bray might have a longer career ahead of him in terms of years, but Bray has been squandered to the point where he will never be at anything close to the level Randy has reached.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 18th, '16, 12:31

Big Red Machine wrote:
NWK2000 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Okay... but what has ever come of Bray being given the limelight?
Randy is needed in the main event (who else does Smackdown even have once AJ is done with Dean?)
Taker, Miz, Cena once he comes back, Ellsworth. Corbin and Ziggler could be there with some prior pushing

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 19th, '16, 16:18

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
NWK2000 wrote:
Randy is needed in the main event (who else does Smackdown even have once AJ is done with Dean?)
Taker, Miz, Cena once he comes back, Ellsworth. Corbin and Ziggler could be there with some prior pushing
Corbin and Miz are both heels and WWE won't do heel vs. heel. AJ vs. Cena has been done too much already (and we all know they're not going to let AJ beat Cena yet again). Taker... is doable, but like with Cena, an AJ loss would be counterproductive and we know that WWE won't give AJ the win. Ziggler would take a lot of work to get him there after his loss at Summer Slam and now this short reign with the IC Title.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Nov 21st, '16, 00:50

And Orton took the bullet for Wyatt tonight. Suddenly this storyline isn't looking so bad IMO
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 21st, '16, 02:54

NWK2000 wrote:And Orton took the bullet for Wyatt tonight. Suddenly this storyline isn't looking so bad IMO
No. It's still bad. Randy joining the Wyatts still makes absolutely no sense unless he is planning on betraying him at some point. Anything else would be out of character because the only other explanation would be that Randy is gullible enough to believe the random words the pour out of Bray's mouth every week.

And even if this one turn was interesting, it doesn't excuse the TWO AND A HALF MONTHS OF NOTHING BUT SH*T that came before it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation