WOTW WrestleMania

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
yourcrapsweak

WOTW WrestleMania

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 17th, '11, 19:45

We've had this discussion before, BUT, we're a little older, little wiser. Which WrestleMania was the absolute worst?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

kirbs2002

Re: WOTW WrestleMania

Post by kirbs2002 » Jan 17th, '11, 19:47

WM XIII. The only highlight of the show was Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 17th, '11, 19:59

I think WrestleMania IX was worse than 13. At least there was one good match on that card. IX had NONE.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 17th, '11, 20:00

yourcrapsweak wrote:I think WrestleMania IX was worse than 13. At least there was one good match on that card. IX had NONE.
I was just going to say this. IX had bad matches, stupid., BS finishes... there was nothing good about this show at all.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jan 17th, '11, 20:05

Wrestlemania XIII had that awesome Chicago Street fight. What are you talking about

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 17th, '11, 20:09

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:I think WrestleMania IX was worse than 13. At least there was one good match on that card. IX had NONE.
I was just going to say this. IX had bad matches, stupid., BS finishes... there was nothing good about this show at all.
PPL have said this for years, but I didn't mind WM9. The Steiners v. Headshrinkers match was good. So was the Tatanka v. HBK match. The Undertaker v. Giant Gonzalez match was a true let down. I can see where you guys are coming from at least as far as the last match goes; They have Bret get cheated out of the title only so Hogan can immediately pin Yoko and get the belt?! That WAS stupid. But the Megamaniacs v. Money Inc match was a big draw (though, who could have expected an actually GOOD match there?) and I LOVED Doink's antics during his match with Crush.

IMO, the worst was 23; 22 wasn't much better. I think both were worse than 9....

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 17th, '11, 20:19

Wrestlemania IX did have at least two good matches: The Headshrinkers vs. The Steiner Bros, plus Shawn Micheals vs. Takanka for the IC Championship. I have seen every Wrestlemania to date, and the worst one in my mind is Wrestlemania XI. Look at the entire card: Lex Luger vs. The Eli Twins, Jeff Jarrett vs. Razor Ramon for the IC title, The Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy, Shawn Micheals vs. Diesel for the WWF title, then you had the Main Event which was Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor. The only good match is the one I didn't say in that list, which was Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund in a Submission match.
R.I.P. Randy Mario Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jan 17th, '11, 20:25

Wrestlemania 25 was a huge let down. Really hated it. It put me off WWE untill Nexus showed up.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 17th, '11, 20:27

Catus Jack Manson wrote:Wrestlemania IX did have at least two good matches: The Headshrinkers vs. The Steiner Bros, plus Shawn Micheals vs. Takanka for the IC Championship. I have seen every Wrestlemania to date, and the worst one in my mind is Wrestlemania XI. Look at the entire card: Lex Luger vs. The Eli Twins, Jeff Jarrett vs. Razor Ramon for the IC title, The Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy, Shawn Micheals vs. Diesel for the WWF title, then you had the Main Event which was Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor. The only good match is the one I didn't say in that list, which was Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund in a Submission match.
I thought HBK vs Nash was very good.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 17th, '11, 23:04

Big Red Machine wrote:
Catus Jack Manson wrote:Wrestlemania IX did have at least two good matches: The Headshrinkers vs. The Steiner Bros, plus Shawn Micheals vs. Takanka for the IC Championship. I have seen every Wrestlemania to date, and the worst one in my mind is Wrestlemania XI. Look at the entire card: Lex Luger vs. The Eli Twins, Jeff Jarrett vs. Razor Ramon for the IC title, The Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy, Shawn Micheals vs. Diesel for the WWF title, then you had the Main Event which was Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor. The only good match is the one I didn't say in that list, which was Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund in a Submission match.
I thought HBK vs Nash was very good.
In my opinion, both Nash & MIcheals that year was ok, but I'm old school, and the Submission Match was my favorite of that Wrestlemania.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 18th, '11, 14:17

Catus Jack Manson wrote: I have seen every Wrestlemania to date, and the worst one in my mind is Wrestlemania XI. Look at the entire card: Lex Luger vs. The Eli Twins, Jeff Jarrett vs. Razor Ramon for the IC title, The Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy, Shawn Micheals vs. Diesel for the WWF title, then you had the Main Event which was Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor. The only good match is the one I didn't say in that list, which was Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund in a Submission match.
THIS, the balance between good show and bad show is definitely on the "bad" side. while HBK/Nash and Bret/Bob were decent, they weren't enough to help the rest of the card.

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 20th, '11, 11:57

kirbs2002 wrote:WM XIII. The only highlight of the show was Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart
Well, The Undertaker winning the WWF Title and having his first decent title reign was a highlight. Plus having Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon there was a plus, not a highlight but a plus.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11