BOTB: Submission Move

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
Cactus Jack Manson

BOTB: Submission Move

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 20th, '11, 13:07

Now, I probably don't know if someone has started this topic before on this, or any of the wrestling forums that we have been on in the past, but I will make a new one anyways. Here are my top 3 favorite submission moves....

1: The Crossface Chicken Wing: Placing your left arm in between your opponents arm and his back, while having the right arm across the face and neck, then locking the fingers together while having your legs grapevine around the opponents waist.

2. The Lobell Lock: It a combination Crippler Cross face, while at the same time, it has a "figure four leg lock" affect on the arm and shoulder.

3. The Dragon Sleeper: A relentless attack on the neck and shoulders. But the true way to perform this move is if you grapevine the legs around the waist as well.
R.I.P. Randy Mario Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

Big Red Machine

Re: BOTB: Submission Move

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 20th, '11, 13:36

Ankle Lock. Simple, brutal, effective.

In all honesty, the Crossface Chicken Wing never looked that painful.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 20th, '11, 19:16

- Lion-tamer
- Mexican Surfboard

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 20th, '11, 19:18

the Koji Clutch
the Octopus
Mr. Salty

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 21st, '11, 11:53

Big Red Machine wrote:Ankle Lock. Simple, brutal, effective.

In all honesty, the Crossface Chicken Wing never looked that painful.
It doesn't, but when applied correctly, it hurts like a bitch. I know...
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

Darkil

Post by Darkil » Jan 21st, '11, 12:40

I would say the Master Lock is also very effective since, even though it's basically a full nelson, will relentlessly attack the neck and shoulders and could very well make you pass out due to pain imo.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 21st, '11, 19:25

Darkil wrote:I would say the Master Lock is also very effective since, even though it's basically a full nelson, will relentlessly attack the neck and shoulders and could very well make you pass out due to pain imo.
I thought the masterlock was cool, simply because he had figured out a way to make e routine sunmission hold seem like a credible finisher.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 23rd, '11, 23:08

Big Red Machine wrote:
Darkil wrote:I would say the Master Lock is also very effective since, even though it's basically a full nelson, will relentlessly attack the neck and shoulders and could very well make you pass out due to pain imo.
I thought the masterlock was cool, simply because he had figured out a way to make e routine sunmission hold seem like a credible finisher.
Chris Masters is the first person since Hercules Hernandez, that I've seen, do the Full Nelson, and make it seem impossible to get out of.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 24th, '11, 00:17

Catus Jack Manson wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Chris Masters is the first person since Hercules Hernandez, that I've seen, do the Full Nelson, and make it seem impossible to get out of.
him and Chelsea, =))

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jan 24th, '11, 00:51

My brother gave me a full nelson once and I was feeling it for a week every time I'd turn my head. Since then, I've always seen a full nelson as a credible submission.

I've always thought that the inverted cloverleaf was a sweet maneuver and I've liked the Undertaker's Hell's Gate submission since he first debuted it.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 24th, '11, 02:10

kirbs2002 wrote:My brother gave me a full nelson once and I was feeling it for a week every time I'd turn my head. Since then, I've always seen a full nelson as a credible submission.

I've always thought that the inverted cloverleaf was a sweet maneuver and I've liked the Undertaker's Hell's Gate submission since he first debuted it.
1. I taught the Masterlock to mine and Cactus's friend Chelsea and she executes it perfectly! She put it on this douchebag at a bar one night and dropped him into a Bubba Bomb (inadvertently; drunk off her @$$); it was HILARIOUS! It's def effective, though I don't like it in pro wrestling.

2. The inverted cloverleaf is awesome! Cattle Mutilation is another one that is very unique, very painful if you can pull it off....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '11, 08:55

kirbs2002 wrote:
The problem with the Kondo Clutch is that, after seeing Melissa literally bend MsChif in half and make her stomp her own head with it, all other versions of the move just look weak by comparison.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '11, 08:55

badnewzxl wrote:vertently; drunk off her @$$); it was HILARIOUS! It's def effective, though I don't like it in pro wrestling.

2. The inverted cloverleaf is awesome! Cattle Mutilation is another one that is very unique, very painful if you can pull it off....
The Haas of Pain also belongs in this category

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 24th, '11, 10:44

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:vertently; drunk off her @$$); it was HILARIOUS! It's def effective, though I don't like it in pro wrestling.

The Haas of Pain also belongs in this category
Hass of Pain is one that I completely forgot about. Another one that comes to mind is one that doesn't have a name ( at least I think it doesn't). Bull Nakano did it to Alundra Blaze in a match. She had her legs set up to do a Sharpshooter, but instead of Bull turning over to where her back was facing Blaze's, she placed Alundra's foot underneath her stomach holding it in place, and then their placed her in a full nelson. Bad Newz has seen what I'm talking about. For those who want to actually see what I'm talking about, it's on the Greatest Superstars of the 90's DVD collection. I would say its a Sharpshooter, Camel Clutch, Full Nelson, for lack of a better term. But it looked awesome.
Last edited by Cactus Jack Manson on Jan 24th, '11, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 24th, '11, 10:49

This is the match that it happened in. The match is great period. It would have been better if she locked her fingers together.

[youtube][/youtube]
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 24th, '11, 14:58

1. Kondo Clutch/Gorilla Clutch

2. Vertical Muta Lock

3. Inverted 3/4 Figure-Four Leg Lock (doesn't look pretty but hurts like a BITCH, especially if you do it with a surfboard)

4. CHIKARA Special

5. Stretch Muffler

6. Lion Tamer

7. Ankle Lock with a Body Scissors

8. Joe's Choke/Coquina Clutch

9. Crossface Chicken Wing (one of my personal favorites to put on my little cousins, makes them squeal)

10. One I think I innovated myself (probably not, but I've never seen it) is the Leg Trap Full Nelson. You put them in a Full Nelson as usual, but you hook one of their legs as well. It hurts like hell, and you can follow up with a suplex and make it look nasty.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '11, 16:10

yourcrapsweak wrote:
10. One I think I innovated myself (probably not, but I've never seen it) is the Leg Trap Full Nelson. You put them in a Full Nelson as usual, but you hook one of their legs as well. It hurts like hell, and you can follow up with a suplex and make it look nasty.
Didn't Theone86 come up with something like this for Mark Roberts in the EWA?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 24th, '11, 16:41

Big Red Machine wrote:Didn't Theone86 come up with something like this for Mark Roberts in the EWA?
Dunno.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 24th, '11, 17:14

Another that comes to mind that is a classic, but a favorite. The STF (Step-over toe-hold face-lock). Not the STFU, but the way Masahiro Chono did it when he was NWA Champion.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11