BOTB of Russo

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
yourcrapsweak

BOTB of Russo

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 25th, '11, 18:20

Yeah he should go die, but he has given us some of the best stuff back in the day that he doesn't really get too much credit for. What was the best thing that Russo ever did?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

badnewzxl

Re: BOTB of Russo

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 25th, '11, 20:11

stop being an on-screen character

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 25th, '11, 21:10

well, there was that one time when he....oh no, that was bad....oh oh, that other time when he..oh wait, that sucked too....

i don't know, i'm gonna say....wait. I'll come back to you

((cero sits down and starts thinking))

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 25th, '11, 22:11

The MEM angle
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 25th, '11, 22:17

Not going to TNA house shows. I've heard they're always pretty good.....

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 26th, '11, 00:35

he takes a lot of responsibility (he and Ferrera) for the Rock and Austin, but has anyone EVER confirmed his involvement? He's shown a lot backstage in Wrestling with Shadows but they don't really show him saying anything; just standing there looking like a tool.

I guess the coolest thing he ever did was come out and face Piper while the Rowdy One tore him a new @$$hole, though he prolly only did so bc he knew Piper was smart enough not to hit him and get sued....

Aggro

Post by Aggro » Jan 26th, '11, 01:58

badnewzxl wrote: He's shown a lot backstage in Wrestling with Shadows but they don't really show him saying anything; just standing there looking like a tool.
:)) :)) :))

Goldust is the only thing that Russo claim any legitimate credit for, although he would tell you it was him who started the whole Attitude era!

Anyone ever seen the shoot interview he did, with the major nose picking part?

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 26th, '11, 05:39

Aggro wrote:
badnewzxl wrote: He's shown a lot backstage in Wrestling with Shadows but they don't really show him saying anything; just standing there looking like a tool.

Goldust is the only thing that Russo claim any legitimate credit for, although he would tell you it was him who started the whole Attitude era!

haven't seen that. I do have the Pro Wrestling's Insiders Shoots on WCW and WWF with him and Ferrera on my Netflix Queue but they just stay near the middle. I'm not sure if I can put up with those two jackasses talking for two hours....

Aggro

Post by Aggro » Jan 26th, '11, 06:28

badnewzxl wrote:
Aggro wrote:

haven't seen that. I do have the Pro Wrestling's Insiders Shoots on WCW and WWF with him and Ferrera on my Netflix Queue but they just stay near the middle. I'm not sure if I can put up with those two jackasses talking for two hours....
In the shoot interview I saw, a couple of years ago now, Russo claimed that Vince McMahon held a meeting with the creative team. In this meeting, McMahon holds up a copy of RAW magazine, which Russo was writing for at the time, I'm not sure of his actual role. McMahon then says, according to Russo, "This is what this company has to be, this is the way we need to go"

Russo also talks about Goldust being his favourite character to work with. He also says how he thought TNA would be more graphic in its early days, being on PPV TV. He expected more nudity, for some reason.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 26th, '11, 08:31

Big Red Machine wrote:The MEM angle

This.

I don't find much substance in Russo's writing. Never have. So this would be one of the very few things.

NWK

Post by NWK » Jan 26th, '11, 09:24

Wasn't he behind a lot of the swerves that came with The Undertaker/Kane feud, like in the beginning, (finding out that Bearer was Undertaker and Kane's biological dad, etc)?
The Andy Rooney of WR, NWK

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 26th, '11, 13:43

If i'm not mistaken, in the rise and fall of wcw dvd, Russo gets credit for creating the whole "sports entertainment" idea.

Darkil

Post by Darkil » Jan 26th, '11, 13:47

I may be a bit biased, but the BOTB of Russo would involve anything not involving him on screen.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 26th, '11, 14:11

Aggro wrote:
In the shoot interview I saw, a couple of years ago now, Russo claimed that Vince McMahon held a meeting with the creative team. In this meeting, McMahon holds up a copy of RAW magazine, which Russo was writing for at the time, I'm not sure of his actual role. McMahon then says, according to Russo, "This is what this company has to be, this is the way we need to go"

Russo also talks about Goldust being his favourite character to work with. He also says how he thought TNA would be more graphic in its early days, being on PPV TV. He expected more nudity, for some reason.
Russo is such a douche! Nudity? Really? just bc it's ppv? It's wrestling! Isn't blood and violence and sexuality enough? Nudity is an overkill, not to mention another cheap draw. That's all he's about; cheap heat and no REAL creativity....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 26th, '11, 16:07

Darkil wrote:I may be a bit biased, but the BOTB of Russo would involve anything not involving him on screen.
I disagree. We have seen how much damage Russo can do from off-screen as well.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Darkil

Post by Darkil » Jan 27th, '11, 07:09

Big Red Machine wrote:
Darkil wrote:I may be a bit biased, but the BOTB of Russo would involve anything not involving him on screen.
That's a very good point BRM, guess I was trying to be nice :))

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 27th, '11, 07:11

Darkil wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
That's a very good point BRM, guess I was trying to be nice :))
You two are cracking me up with the truth you're speaking =)) =))

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jan 27th, '11, 09:16

Attitude Era for sure... Vince challenged BOTH Russo & Ferrara & although WCW could have been great if Russo was given a real chance (not the short term he got) we might still be talking about RAW v NITRO... Near the end right before Vince purchased WCW I think Nitro was actually better... Russo was building new stars which is what WCW should have been doing when they were at their peak but only 2 new stars actually came from that: Goldberg & The Giant (Big Show)...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 27th, '11, 11:58

ECWFlairfan wrote: Russo was building new stars which is what WCW should have been doing when they were at their peak but only 2 new stars actually came from that: Goldberg & The Giant (Big Show)...
DDP?

And as for Russo making new stars... You don't make new stars by hotshotting belts around and making them worthless.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation