EWA Newswire #22 (3/23/2011)

Elite Wrestling Association

Moderator: Big Red Machine

Big Red Machine

EWA Newswire #22 (3/23/2011)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 23rd, '11, 20:36

The EWA’s 13th show, the First Anniversary Show, will take place on Sunday, March 27th at 9:00PM at the Smith Arena in Manchester, England, GMT!
To celebrate our first year, the main event for this match will be an EWA World Title match pitting EWA World Champion Joel Carter against not one… not two… but THREE of the top stars in the EWA who have yet to receive a shot at the EWA World Title. Carter will defend the belt against Chris Calaway, “Mr. Wrestling” Jimmy Carnival, and the hometown boy, George “The Aggro” Adams!

Also signed for the show is a MASSIVE Gauntlet Match. And we do mean MASSIVE. Competing in the match will be: Unknown, Jack Squat, Shadow, Reaper, Exodus Licairne, David Mireneuker, Rodrigo Machado, “Mean” Mark Roberts, Hazard, and the debuting Robert Randall.
The winner receive a shot at the EWA World Title at a later date.

New EWA Commissioner Ron Ellis has asked us to announce that he will be introducing some new EWA personnel at the First Anniversary Show.

Also signed for the First Anniversary Show is a tag team match between the Triad’s Shawn Stevens & “Big Nasty” Kev Carnage and the mentor-student duo of “Badass” Mark Woodbridge & Scott Logan.

Also on the card will be a big one-on-one match between the undefeated Tien Triopiquer and Phreak. When asked about this match, Phreak said:

“This will be a tough challenge, but I am up to it. Losing my EWA Title match to Joel Carter was just a setback. I will win that belt. In the meantime, I need to work my way back up the card, and the fastest way to do that is to take out the guy highest up on the ladder at the moment. I am going to prove that I am still that same giant killer who beat guys Kev Carnage, Gear Creed, and Hazard back on the first three shows. I will beat Triopiquer, and then I will beat Joel Carter and take the EWA World Title from him!”

World renowned wrestling superstar Jordan Delux will take on Travis Vans of the Atomic Punks.

The rest of the card can be found below in the rundown.

The Rundown:
The EWA's 13th Show, the First Anniversary Show will take place on Sunday, March 27th at at the Smith Arena in Manchester, England at 9:00PM.

Fatal 4 Way match EWA World Title:
Joel Carter(c) vs. Chris Calaway vs. George "The Aggro" Adams vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Jimmy Carnival

Tien Triopiquer vs. Phreak

Shawn Stevens & "Big Nasty" Kev Carnage vs. "Badass" Mark Woodbridge & Scott Logan

Malcolm Metal & Corey Rose vs. The Royal Appointments (w/Jenkins)

Jordan Delux vs. Travis Vans (w/Kat Klash)

Josh Storm vs. Johnny Rage (w/Kat Klash)

"Surfin'" Scottie Adams vs. Tanakashi Shupiro (w/King Kang)

Chris Everlast vs. El Demonico

Gauntlet match for an EWA World Title shot:
Reaper vs. Jack Squat vs. Unknown vs. Exodus Licairne vs. David Mireneuker vs. Mark Roberts vs. Rodrigo Machado vs. Hazard vs. Shadow vs. Robert Randall
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: EWA Newswire #22 (3/23/2011)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 27th, '11, 18:26

Sooo... Embarassing mishap... I forgot that British time is five hours AHEAD of us (EST), not behind us. In an effort to not hold a show at a kayfabe ridiculous time, we will be posting it TOMORROW at 9 PM GMT.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Mar 28th, '11, 15:41

Another delay, huh?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 28th, '11, 15:46

Chris Everlast wrote:Another delay, huh?
Real life takes precedence over e-feds.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Apr 17th, '11, 08:51

May I ask when we'll get to lay our eyes upon the show?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 17th, '11, 14:37

Chris Everlast wrote:May I ask when we'll get to lay our eyes upon the show?
Hopefully soon. EC recently left the writing team (at least for now) due to having real-world things to do, so we are sorting things out. Hopefully within the next few days. If it isn't all written by Wedndesday night, I will QR the stuff that wasn't.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation