World Cup: Seth Rollins defeated Bobby Lashley

World Cup: Dolph Ziggler defeated Kurt Angle

The Bar defeated The New Day to retain the SmackDown tag team titles

World Cup semi finals: The Miz defeated Rey Mysterio

World Cup semi finals: Dolph Ziggler defeated Seth Rollins

AJ Styles defeated Samoa Joe to retain the WWE title

Brock Lesnar defeated Braun Strowman to win the WWE Universal title

Shane McMahon defeated Dolph Ziggler to win the World Cup
McIntyre was sent to the back before the World Cup finals started. They fought before the bell rang, with Miz sending Ziggler into the steps. Miz favored his knee heavily. They sold like this was about to be called a forfeit in favor of Ziggler because Miz couldn’t continue. Shane McMahon said no, he would take his place. So after hyping this tournament for weeks, Shane just inserts himself in, everyone seems fine with it and the match starts. Even the announcers couldn’t sell this as making a lick of sense.

DX def Brothers of Destruction

Bob-O

Re: WWE Crown Jewel Results

Post by Bob-O » Nov 2nd, '18, 18:43

cero2k wrote: Nov 2nd, '18, 12:17 Brock Lesnar defeated Braun Strowman to win the WWE Universal title
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 3rd, '18, 10:25

Bob-O wrote: Nov 2nd, '18, 18:43
cero2k wrote: Nov 2nd, '18, 12:17 Brock Lesnar defeated Braun Strowman to win the WWE Universal title
and I'm almost certain he's retaining until WM if he has his early 2019 UFC match

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 4th, '18, 09:11

cero2k wrote: Nov 3rd, '18, 10:25
Bob-O wrote: Nov 2nd, '18, 18:43
and I'm almost certain he's retaining until WM if he has his early 2019 UFC match

That makes sense and got me thinking...

Maybe they do Title vs Title at Survivor Series and have AJ pull an upset? Since they lost Roman, AJ would not be a bad choice to rally around in wake of Crown Jewel controversy, and if he's sticking with Smackdown, having him pull double duty for a few months isn't a bad idea to get some Monday nighters to tune in on Tuesdays after they switch networks...

Also, would be an awesome segway to their original plan of rolling with Balor as Universal Champion...

But, I'm just daydreaming. I'm expecting what you said.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '18, 10:08

The double duty idea is intriguing, but then how do you get the belt off of AJ in a way that doesn't lead to the guy who beats him also having earned a WWE World Heavyweight Title match he'll never get?
Also, I don't see them doing that simply because all of the other matches are non-title, and doing all of the champion vs;. champion matches but one as non-title is not how WWE operates.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 4th, '18, 10:42

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 10:08 The double duty idea is intriguing, but then how do you get the belt off of AJ in a way that doesn't lead to the guy who beats him also having earned a WWE World Heavyweight Title match he'll never get?
Also, I don't see them doing that simply because all of the other matches are non-title, and doing all of the champion vs;. champion matches but one as non-title is not how WWE operates.
The first is easy, book a 2-pin 3-way Dance like Jericho v Eddie v Angle and make it a title per pin.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '18, 11:03

cero2k wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 10:42
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 10:08 The double duty idea is intriguing, but then how do you get the belt off of AJ in a way that doesn't lead to the guy who beats him also having earned a WWE World Heavyweight Title match he'll never get?
The first is easy, book a 2-pin 3-way Dance like Jericho v Eddie v Angle and make it a title per pin.
I suppose you could, although that seems to go against their standard MO (also, it was Jericho vs. Angle vs. Benoit, not Eddie).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 4th, '18, 11:58

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 11:03
I suppose you could, although that seems to go against their standard MO (also, it was Jericho vs. Angle vs. Benoit, not Eddie).
true, my bad.

It's definitely out of their MO, but a double champion would be too. If booked smarter, this could had been your fall angle for the dead months. a two month double champion reign for Styles leading to TLC to a double title ladder match maybe?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '18, 12:36

cero2k wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 11:58
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 11:03

true, my bad.

It's definitely out of their MO, but a double champion would be too. If booked smarter, this could had been your fall angle for the dead months. a two month double champion reign for Styles leading to TLC to a double title ladder match maybe?
I don't think a double Ladder Match works well because why wouldn't you just grab both belts when your grabbing one?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 4th, '18, 15:47

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 12:36
I don't think a double Ladder Match works well because why wouldn't you just grab both belts when your grabbing one?
you hang them separate from each other

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '18, 15:56

cero2k wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 15:47
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 12:36
you hang them separate from each other
Could work, I guess.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 4th, '18, 16:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 4th, '18, 15:56
Could work, I guess.
I'm trying really hard to not say "Championship on a Pole" match here

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 8th, '18, 13:16

How did I miss this topic until now?

That one guy makes a hell of a point...hottest guy around wins mitb and loses not only it, but title shot after shot after turning heel, but going from crowd reaction, is still pretty much a heavily favored face.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 8th, '18, 13:23

People just DON'T LIKE Lesnar. Not as cool guy anti-face, not as a dislike the heel because of his methods...this guy has been damaged and that damage has run its course. I'm just surprised we're still discussing this and him as we are at this point...he finally lost then the Reigns situation couldn't be fixed or helped...but then just shove it right back on him immediately, of all people. Rollins deserved it if THEY ABSOLUTELY WON'T/REFUSE TO GO WITH STROWMAN!!!, or just eventually get it onto Lashley who would in turn be the literal Anti-Lesnar heel champion, perfectly. Heel turn Roode, if they actually cared about elevating New stars...

Heel Roode V Rollins with Ambrose in the picture as well. You could Strowman, Lashley, and Balor as well. Not to mention McIntyre, who I'm just now thinking of. Put it on him in the same way as the Lashley thing I stated above. Ziggler really has no place in all of this, unless he seriously gets a change of story and script.

Elias just isn't there yet for me, but he could be eventually within time. Angle could just be in the mix to help raise these other guys to that level. What's so ridiculous about it all to comprehend?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.