Post by cero2k » Oct 16th, '18, 16:47

Bob-O

Re: CM Punk & Seth Rollins vs Antonio Cesaro & Kassius Ohno - NXT 10.17.12

Post by Bob-O » Oct 17th, '18, 11:31

I miss this Kassius Ohno...

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 17th, '18, 13:23

Bob-O wrote: Oct 17th, '18, 11:31 I miss this Kassius Ohno...
I miss the KoW. I feel like they spent the majority of their ROH career wrestling the same three teams, so to see them in a place with a roster as expansive as WWE teaming together would've actually been magic.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 18th, '18, 21:27

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 17th, '18, 13:23
I miss the KoW. I feel like they spent the majority of their ROH career wrestling the same three teams, so to see them in a place with a roster as expansive as WWE teaming together would've actually been magic.
Kind of, but that's because they only teamed together for two and a half years in ROH, and one of those years was one big feud with the Briscoes. In that run they also had some awesome matches with Future Shock, the Wolves, and WGTT, while also trying to maintain some semblance of having singles careers.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 19th, '18, 08:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 18th, '18, 21:27
Kind of, but that's because they only teamed together for two and a half years in ROH, and one of those years was one big feud with the Briscoes. In that run they also had some awesome matches with Future Shock, the Wolves, and WGTT, while also trying to maintain some semblance of having singles careers.
But think about how many feuds a WWE superstar goes through n that time frame, and think about all the crazy talented people on the roster right now, and imagine the possibilities

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 22nd, '18, 15:21

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 19th, '18, 08:26

But think about how many feuds a WWE superstar goes through n that time frame, and think about all the crazy talented people on the roster right now, and imagine the possibilities
I'm assuming you mean before WWE's recently slow-down and seeming obsession with feuds that stretch on for months and months and months, but the comparison doesn't work because WWE and 2010-2011 ROH are entirely different entities. WWE runs 52 weeks a year with a lot more than one hour of TV, and does at least big supercard every month (on average). In the eighteen months that KOW were back together, ROH ran a total of 59 shows, at least seven of which Hero and/or Claudio missed because of outside bookings (plus another few that at least one of them wasn't at that I can't seem to find an obvious reason for).
Furthermore, people forget that a big part of the reason the Briscoes feud went so long was because Hero and Claudio missed basically all of the TV tapings in the first quarter of the year because they were working in Japan or Germany. Throw in the fact that the Briscoes had issues to resolve with both DCFC and the American Wolves 9with the Wolves stuff having to be done relatively soon both to set up for their babyface turn and to free Eddie up for his run as TV champion, and I think they made the most out of what was basically four lost months (Claudio also missed the first shows after the title change due to CHIKARA bookings).
Also, remember what was going on behind the scenes at the time. KOW reuniting was part of a landscape change in the tag division. Steen & Generico had just broken up, the Bucks had just signed with TNA. Albright left which killed his tag team with Erick Stevens so they put Stevens in the Embassy but then the guys he would have been teaming with in the Embassy (Joey Ryan) left, plus they couldn't get Bison Smith in from NOAH often enough because they were cutting costs so he couldn't team with Stevens, either. They brought in the House of Truth (Raymond & Able) but both of them suffered MAJOR injuries pretty quickly, they had to wait to turn the Wolves babyface before pulling the trigger on their feud with KOW. They turned Necro heel to team with Stevens in the Embassy but then the booking change happened and they were both gone, along with DCFC, who had been in the process of turning babyface and could have given KOW a run. I think they did the best they could with that KOW run, considering the situation the company was in.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 22nd, '18, 15:35

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 22nd, '18, 15:21
NWK2000 wrote: Oct 19th, '18, 08:26

I'm assuming you mean before WWE's recently slow-down and seeming obsession with feuds that stretch on for months and months and months, but the comparison doesn't work because WWE and 2010-2011 ROH are entirely different entities. WWE runs 52 weeks a year with a lot more than one hour of TV, and does at least big supercard every month (on average). In the eighteen months that KOW were back together, ROH ran a total of 59 shows, at least seven of which Hero and/or Claudio missed because of outside bookings (plus another few that at least one of them wasn't at that I can't seem to find an obvious reason for).
Furthermore, people forget that a big part of the reason the Briscoes feud went so long was because Hero and Claudio missed basically all of the TV tapings in the first quarter of the year because they were working in Japan or Germany. Throw in the fact that the Briscoes had issues to resolve with both DCFC and the American Wolves 9with the Wolves stuff having to be done relatively soon both to set up for their babyface turn and to free Eddie up for his run as TV champion, and I think they made the most out of what was basically four lost months (Claudio also missed the first shows after the title change due to CHIKARA bookings).
Also, remember what was going on behind the scenes at the time. KOW reuniting was part of a landscape change in the tag division. Steen & Generico had just broken up, the Bucks had just signed with TNA. Albright left which killed his tag team with Erick Stevens so they put Stevens in the Embassy but then the guys he would have been teaming with in the Embassy (Joey Ryan) left, plus they couldn't get Bison Smith in from NOAH often enough because they were cutting costs so he couldn't team with Stevens, either. They brought in the House of Truth (Raymond & Able) but both of them suffered MAJOR injuries pretty quickly, they had to wait to turn the Wolves babyface before pulling the trigger on their feud with KOW. They turned Necro heel to team with Stevens in the Embassy but then the booking change happened and they were both gone, along with DCFC, who had been in the process of turning babyface and could have given KOW a run. I think they did the best they could with that KOW run, considering the situation the company was in.
I meant that more of a hypothetical, but informative nonetheless.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 22nd, '18, 16:28

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 22nd, '18, 15:35

I think any attempt to compare the pace of a "weekly TV building to monthly PPVs" promotion with a promotion that doens't work on that schedule is an issue of apples to oranges and just can't be done.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 22nd, '18, 18:55

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 22nd, '18, 16:28

I think any attempt to compare the pace of a "weekly TV building to monthly PPVs" promotion with a promotion that doens't work on that schedule is an issue of apples to oranges and just can't be done.
I'm not trying to. I simply made the observation that the KOW wrestled the Briscoes a lot, and how many potential tag teams and matches there are in the WWE that could occur.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 22nd, '18, 19:15

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 22nd, '18, 18:55
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 22nd, '18, 16:28

I'm not trying to. I simply made the observation that the KOW wrestled the Briscoes a lot, and how many potential tag teams and matches there are in the WWE that could occur.
Okay. Then I misunderstood your initial statement.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation