BRM Reviews the 3/4/2019 Raw (frustrating)

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 3/4/2019 Raw (frustrating)

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 6th, '19, 10:50

So before Rhonda came out and Stephanie switched the match....I wonder what their WM match was going to be after Fastlane
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 6th, '19, 11:06

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 10:50 So before Rhonda came out and Stephanie switched the match....I wonder what their WM match was going to be after Fastlane
Ronda vs Charlotte, was the original plan before that pesky Lynch got herself over

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 6th, '19, 11:20

cero2k wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 11:06
KILLdozer wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 10:50 So before Rhonda came out and Stephanie switched the match....I wonder what their WM match was going to be after Fastlane
Ronda vs Charlotte, was the original plan before that pesky Lynch got herself over
In kayfabe I guess we still would've seen that after Fast lane.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 6th, '19, 11:26

I'm just wondering what they were gonna do for WM *before Ronda Rousey showed up and decided she was still champion*. Within Kayfabe, they probably would've figured it out as they went along...

Why does that sound familiar?

Also really disliked the pointless Triple H *Suddenly turn the whole thing into a shoot* just because.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 6th, '19, 12:08

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 11:26 I'm just wondering what they were gonna do for WM *before Ronda Rousey showed up and decided she was still champion*. Within Kayfabe, they probably would've figured it out as they went along...

Also really disliked the pointless Triple H *Suddenly turn the whole thing into a shoot* just because.
oh, well i figured also the same, but Ronda would be the challenger this time. It's dumb booking. Ronda actually came off looking kinda stupid if you ask me

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 6th, '19, 12:10

cero2k wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 12:08
KILLdozer wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 11:26 I'm just wondering what they were gonna do for WM *before Ronda Rousey showed up and decided she was still champion*. Within Kayfabe, they probably would've figured it out as they went along...

oh, well i figured also the same, but Ronda would be the challenger this time. It's dumb booking. Ronda actually came off looking kinda stupid if you ask me
Of course she does, but I think the turn was finally the right decision with her and this is where she belongs, and it's the best thing they've probably done with her so far. Too bad she might be gone after WM.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 6th, '19, 12:50

I've seen people speculate? Does Ambrose turn again at Fastlane? Whether he ends up staying around or not because who knows, I think it would be pointless to do it again at this point. Any kind of Shield split would be at this point as well.

Unless it's Reigns of all people at this point in time.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 6th, '19, 12:59

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 12:50 I've seen people speculate? Does Ambrose turn again at Fastlane? Whether he ends up staying around or not because who knows, I think it would be pointless to do it again at this point. Any kind of Shield split would be at this point as well.

i've heard that too in order to set up Ambrose vs Reigns at WM, which I guess would be as good as it can get for both men, but I feel that if this is the SHIELD's last hurrah and Reign's actual comeback, let's just have a happy ending for once.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 6th, '19, 13:02

#1 contendership tournament works as well as anything else.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 6th, '19, 13:03

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 12:50 I've seen people speculate? Does Ambrose turn again at Fastlane? Whether he ends up staying around or not because who knows, I think it would be pointless to do it again at this point. Any kind of Shield split would be at this point as well.

I've heard similar speculation, and it's certainly within WWE's usual playbook.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 6th, '19, 13:06

cero2k wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 12:59

i've heard that too in order to set up Ambrose vs Reigns at WM, which I guess would be as good as it can get for both men, but I feel that if this is the SHIELD's last hurrah and Reign's actual comeback, let's just have a happy ending for once.
Yeah that would be nice, actually WITHOUT any heel turns for once lol.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 6th, '19, 13:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 13:02

#1 contendership tournament works as well as anything else.
Yeah that's probably what would have happened, or the gauntlet.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 7th, '19, 05:37

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 17:45
cero2k wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 10:12
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 09:57 Let’s be real, they’re grabbing at the bottom of the barrel for women inductees now because they’ve just about included everyone that was a wrestler first and eye candy second.
realistically, there's still a lot left, most of the women from the 70-80s, even some of the 90's are not in yet, but they're not hot blondes anymore. I'm pretty sure Bull Nakano ain't in yet for instance.
But how many of them does WWE really want to induct? It's not always about skill or contribution, it's about politics and popularity and all kinds of other things. They want to include women that are still in the memories of casual fans, for them to be like "Oh, I remember her" instead of "who?".
Bull Nakno isn't in, nor is Vikki Guerrero, Sable, Miss Elizabeth...

If they just want a "hot blonde" I think Michelle McCool is a better choice than Torrie Wilson...

Torrie Wilson is going to be the Koko B Ware of women inductees I'm afraid.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 7th, '19, 06:54

Bob-O wrote: Mar 7th, '19, 05:37
Torrie Wilson WILL be the new Koko of the whole HOF, Koko at least had an iconic parrot. red's description of the video is the perfect sum of her talents - being hot. They're like one step away from inducting the Nitro Girls

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 7th, '19, 08:39

Bob-O wrote: Mar 7th, '19, 05:37
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 17:45
cero2k wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 10:12

realistically, there's still a lot left, most of the women from the 70-80s, even some of the 90's are not in yet, but they're not hot blondes anymore. I'm pretty sure Bull Nakano ain't in yet for instance.
But how many of them does WWE really want to induct? It's not always about skill or contribution, it's about politics and popularity and all kinds of other things. They want to include women that are still in the memories of casual fans, for them to be like "Oh, I remember her" instead of "who?".
Bull Nakno isn't in, nor is Vikki Guerrero, Sable, Miss Elizabeth...

If they just want a "hot blonde" I think Michelle McCool is a better choice than Torrie Wilson...

Wait, Sable isn’t in already? I thought she would be for sure.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 7th, '19, 08:47

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 7th, '19, 08:39

they don't even acknowledge Brock Lesnar is her husband

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 7th, '19, 09:55

cero2k wrote: Mar 7th, '19, 08:47

Like all other relationships, it's not kayfabe relevant until they decide it needs to be. I have no problem with this.

That being said, I think it's odd that basically every relationship in WWE nowadays is a shoot relationship first that just magically pops into TV existence when they deem it necessary. Carmella/Ellsworth is the only exception I can think of. We haven't gotten a good relationship story in a while, which I think is a shame. Just based off of what we saw with Rusev and Summer Rae, there was SOOOOOO much entertainment to be had in Rusev wooing Lana via vignettes and dedication matches to her, and they passed up on it because "ooops. Everyone known about it now so I guess we have to make it part of our TV show." Such a waste of potential, and a waste of the sort of thing that can make the show feel less repetitive just by adding one segment to the show that is fundamentally different.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 7th, '19, 09:56

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 7th, '19, 09:55
cero2k wrote: Mar 7th, '19, 08:47

Like all other relationships, it's not kayfabe relevant until they decide it needs to be. I have no problem with this.

That being said, I think it's odd that basically every relationship in WWE nowadays is a shoot relationship first that just magically pops into TV existence when they deem it necessary. Carmella/Ellsworth is the only exception I can think of. We haven't gotten a good relationship story in a while, which I think is a shame. Just based off of what we saw with Rusev and Summer Rae, there was SOOOOOO much entertainment to be had in Rusev wooing Lana via vignettes and dedication matches to her, and they passed up on it because "ooops. Everyone known about it now so I guess we have to make it part of our TV show." Such a waste of potential, and a waste of the sort of thing that can make the show feel less repetitive just by adding one segment to the show that is fundamentally different.
I’m totally okay not having love angles in my wrestling. That’s why I don’t watch chick flicks lol

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 8th, '19, 13:06

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 00:48
TRIPLE H PROMO- bad because it broke kayfabe
He broke kayfabe for no reason, telling us about “Richard Fliehr” and using the word “character” several times. This would have been an excellent promo without the breaking of kayfabe, which is even more annoying because he could have cut basically the same promo and just said “Ric Flair” every time he said “Richard Fliehr” and hadn’t use the term “character” it would have worked just as well.
Using the name "Richard Fleihr" when referring to Ric makes me think that Hunter had a eulogy written when he almost died and worked it into the promo. He certainly got choked up like he was reading one.

Also I think you can get away with "breaking character" if you put your emphasis on the correct part of the promo. Let's compare CM Punk's promo to Hunter that began "This is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque". The emphasis there was "Ooooh look at us with our shoot names"

By comparison the takeaway from Hunter's promo here is "You attacked my best friend at his birthday party I'm going to bring the fight to you because of it."
And I'm not saying this should be every promo from now on, I think there's sufficient emotional investment. Triple H almost lost his good friend and was denied the chance to celebrate him in a way that he (Flair) would've enjoyed , and he tapped into that emotion expertly
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 9th, '19, 00:53

NWK2000 wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 13:06
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 00:48
TRIPLE H PROMO- bad because it broke kayfabe
He broke kayfabe for no reason, telling us about “Richard Fliehr” and using the word “character” several times. This would have been an excellent promo without the breaking of kayfabe, which is even more annoying because he could have cut basically the same promo and just said “Ric Flair” every time he said “Richard Fliehr” and hadn’t use the term “character” it would have worked just as well.
Using the name "Richard Fleihr" when referring to Ric makes me think that Hunter had a eulogy written when he almost died and worked it into the promo. He certainly got choked up like he was reading one.

Also I think you can get away with "breaking character" if you put your emphasis on the correct part of the promo. Let's compare CM Punk's promo to Hunter that began "This is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque". The emphasis there was "Ooooh look at us with our shoot names"

By comparison the takeaway from Hunter's promo here is "You attacked my best friend at his birthday party I'm going to bring the fight to you because of it."
And I'm not saying this should be every promo from now on, I think there's sufficient emotional investment. Triple H almost lost his good friend and was denied the chance to celebrate him in a way that he (Flair) would've enjoyed , and he tapped into that emotion expertly
But he made it out to be that he ACTUALLY KICKED RICHARD FLEIHR'S ASS...not Ric Flair the wrestler -which is obviously too ridiculous.