BRM Reviews the 3/4/2019 Raw (frustrating)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/4/2019 Raw (frustrating)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 5th, '19, 00:48

OPENING SEGMENT- didn’t like it one bit
Roman comes out and calls out Seth and it looks like we’re going to have a discussion about the Universal Title and Brock Lesnar. Seth cuts a good babyface promo about wanting to bring the title home, but says that he thinks he knows where Roman is going with this… but Roman says Seth is wrong and that Roman is happy for Seth to be the one to beat Brock because Seth has done such a great job as the top babyface since Roman has been gone (that’s basically what he said, but not in those words).
I didn’t like this one bit, as it is basically Roman burying the title and the quest to rid the WWE of that mean old fan-hating Brock Lesnar- something Roman spent years trying to do- as unimportant all of a sudden. I think it would have been better to have either not brought it up at all or to have Roman tell Seth that he doesn’t want to steal Seth’s moment by impinging on his WrestleMania world title match… but Seth can be damn sure Roman will be lining himself up to be Seth’s first challenger (then Seth could say “you’ve got it, brother” and that’s all you need).
Roman says that he wants “to get the band back together.” Um… Roman? Before you do that, you might want to take a few minutes to browse YouTube and look up some of the things Dean said about you while you were gone.
Seth seems to be the only one who remembers the terrible things Dean said and shot the idea down. The fans massively booed Seth for this. Roman said that he has learned that “tomorrow is not guaranteed” and that “life is short,” and “the most important thing is the relationships we form.” Seth eventually gives in and they decide to be The Shield one last time. This would have been good if Dean had ever- even once- apologized for the terrible things he said, but he hasn’t, so Roman’s insistence on doing one last fun little Shield reunion before Dean leaves- especially when combined with his earlier dismissal of the Universal Title- comes off to me as an attitude that seems to be “because ‘life is short,’ ‘putting smiles on people’s faces’ is more important than ‘wrestling stuff’ like feuds and belts,” and that’s not a good gimmick for a character on your kayfabe TV show to have.
They call Dean out so Dean comes out onto the stage… and then The Drifter runs out and hits Dean from behind with a guitar, then runs away. Roman and Seth wait for Dean to get up and try to console him but he shoves Seth away and storms/limps to the back. Seth tells Roman that Dean is “in a different place right now.”
I thought this whole bit felt incredibly forced and frustratingly pointless. As Michael Cole’s commentary (“because of Elias’ selfish actions we may never get the answer on The Shield”) revealed, the whole point of this was to delay Dean giving an answer. In other words, they think making us wait will make the reunion more anticipated and thus get a better reaction. In a case like this, though, I just don’t think that logic applies. Most people aren’t going to want a Shield reunion any more than they already do, and for those of us for whom things could be done to make us want it more, the way to make us want it more requires a pivotal event in the narrative- Dean apologizing for saying the horrible things he said about Roman- so doing an “oh no! The Drifter laid Dean out!” angle isn’t going to solve that.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS THE HEEL FACTION™- dull
Drew is insistent that he already destroyed The Shield so what we just saw was three pathetic losers living in the past. Corbin and Lashley then cut middle school play-level promos on Angle and Balor respectively. Apparently there is a six-man tag on next.

FINN BALOR, KURT ANGLE, & BRAUN STROWMAN vs. DREW MCINTYRE, BARON CORBIN, & BOBBY LASHLEY (w/Lio Rush)- 6.75/10
Before the commercial break we got Balor’s entrance. Then, when we got back from the commercial, Balor and Angle were outside the ring and all three heels were inside the ring… and then Braun’s music hit and he made his entrance. Because why do something in a logical order when you can do it an order that goes out of its way to remind the viewers that the events they’re watching are being manipulated? (Yes, I understand the theory behind why they did it this way, but I would be absolutely shocked if there is one single person watching the show who would be told about a match then decide to tune out because either the first or last entrance didn’t get a big enough pop.)
Early in the match when Braun did his big shoulder tackle on the outside spot, Michael Cole said “Braun Strowman says ‘hashtag get off the tracks; the monster train is coming through.’” Braun, if you read this, PLEASE go up the ramp and run Michael Cole over with your big shoulder tackle next.
Kurt and Drew screwed up what I assume was supposed to be a back body drop countered into a sunset flip, but Graves did a wonderful job of covering for it. Unlike most weeks, the match with this interminable combination of guys didn’t feel like it went on for too long. Strowman took Rush out by tackling him through the barricade, but Lashley was able to pin Balor for the win to set up a title shot. The tackle through the barricade apparently took Braun out, too, allowing the heels to assault Angle after the match, and not one person came out to help this living legend. Ditto for when they beat Balor up.
The announcers kept repeating a phrase that Corbin had said in the earlier promo. Some phrases are very annoying to hear over and over again, but one that was stolen from a Hulk Hogan promo is just goofy. That phrase: “this is where the power lies.” And, unsurprisingly, neither Cole, Corbin, nor Graves can say it with anywhere near the charisma that Hogan did.

During Strowman’s entrance, something struck me about the announcing. Renee’s comment (recorded below as Stupid Announcer Quote #1) was actually a lot more meandering than the bit I recorded below, which was just the opening part. To Renee’s credit she did get around to something that was actually productive to talk about by the end, but the damage was already done. In her (mild) defense, the reason she said anything at all in that moment (and especially something about Braun’s Twitter use) was because Cole pretty much prompted her, saying that Braun had “some very unique words on Twitter, Renee,” which pretty much invited her to speak and it was clear in hindsight she had nothing to say, because unless she read the same Tweet Cole was referring to, there really isn’t anything to say about it. Then, knowing the rest of what Cole said, it would have made a lot more sense if he had just kept talking through and said his whole bit without interruption.
He also finished his comment with a similar prompt for Graves to speak. This is something Cole does often, and it’s something that needs to stop. In addition to situations like with Renee above where she is put in a situation where she is left at best just repeating what Cole himself has just said, it creates a conversational dynamic that feels a lot less natural, with Cole prompting the other two to speak at certain times to ensure that everyone gets some lines in.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS HEAVY MACHINERY- terrible
Charly pitches to a clip of The Ascension bitching to other jobber tag teams that the NXT call-ups are taking their screen time. This was not one of those “just pretend the cameras aren’t there” moments because Charly specifically pitched to it as “video our cameras captured” from earlier that day… which just makes me wonder why WWE sent a camera to the tag team jobber locker room.
The other teams are happy to have Heavy Machinery and the other NXT call-ups on the roster because it’s “fresh competition.” Hawkins & Ryder said that Heavy Machinery were “someone we can beat,” so that buries Heavy Machinery right there. Either that or they’ll have a match against them and lose, which will make Hawkins and Ryder look like morons (again). The Ascension rant about Heavy Machinery. Bad comedy happened. So bad that there was a pun that not even I would laugh at.
Otis’ feelings are hurt, so Tucker promises to “talk to the McMahons” to make sure that they get matches with all of those teams so that Otis can have his vengeance. At this point I’d like to point out that the last time someone said they were going to go to the McMahons to get a match signed it was Dana Brooke wanting a match against Nattie… which never happened.
As if to make this worse, Graves pointed out that Otis is an overly-sensitive dork because “most second graders wouldn’t have been offended by those insults.” This then made Renee feel like she had to say something to the contrary, so she scolded Viktor for his “brutal burn” of Otis. Said insult was that “of course Otis was at the gym… because he’s a dumb-bell.” If Renee was trying to be sarcastic or deadpanning or something, it didn’t come across to me that way.

NATALYA vs. RUBY RIOTT (w/the Riott Squad)- 2/10
This match is happening AGAIN because it was scheduled for last week but Becky Lynch interfered, which means it’s Becky’s fault we’re seeing these two wrestle each other for the 93,173rd time. More evidence that Becky is a heel. And let us please take note of the fact that WWE has booked the same matches over and over and over and over and over and over again so f*cking often that they can stick arguably the two best female workers on Raw in the ring together and my response is to get annoyed because I’m sick and tired of seeing them wrestle each other.
They had a short match that Nattie won with a small package. Then Lacey Evans showed up for her once-a-show walk up and down the ramp. This time the ring announcer actually gave her an introduction, calling her “the sassy southern belle, Lacey Evans.” Hey, assholes! If you actually DID SOMETHING WITH HER then you wouldn’t have to have to rely on heavy-handed bullsh*t from the ring announcer to tell us what her gimmick is. I was BEGGING for Nattie to just cream Lacey with a lariat and send her back down to NXT, but it didn’t happen.

Renee Young, a babyface, is excited about Lacey Evans’ apparent mission to “teach all the nasties a thing or two.”

Michael Cole refers to Batista’s attack on Ric Flair as “one of the most heinous attacks that we’ve ever witnessed.” I’ve got a nit to pick with you Cole, because we didn’t actually “witness” the attack. Even you yourself only said that Batista was “dragging Ric Flair out of the locker room” which doesn’t seem a big deal at all when compared to Bundy crushing Hogan’s ribs or Rikishi trying to run Austin over with a car Roman Reigns trying to murder Braun Strowman with a truck or Kane tombstoning a defenseless Linda McMahon or Kane hooking Shane McMahon’s testicles up to a car battery or Kane throwing Paul Bearer off the roof of an arena or Kane setting Jim Ross on fire. Seventy years old or not, beating someone up in a locker room is pretty tame for WWE.

STEPHANIE MCMAHON & SNL PEOPLE BACKSTAGE- Who thought it was a good idea to stick a comedy segment between the recap of Batista’s “heinous” attack and his and Hunter’s promo about it?

BATISTA INSTAGRAM PROMO- great!
He said he wouldn’t be here tonight but teased that he might next week. Most of all, though, he emphasized that the game would be played by his rules, not Hunter’s.

TRIPLE H PROMO- bad because it broke kayfabe
He broke kayfabe for no reason, telling us about “Richard Fliehr” and using the word “character” several times. This would have been an excellent promo without the breaking of kayfabe, which is even more annoying because he could have cut basically the same promo and just said “Ric Flair” every time he said “Richard Fliehr” and not use the term “character” and it would have worked just as well.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS STEPH- OH DEAR LORD HOW COULD THIS GET ANY MORE RIDICULOUS?
Let’s play a game: How many different ways can they make this not make sense?
Charly said that last week Becky appeared to “advocate the title.” Uch.
Steph has decided that not only is WWE dropping all charges against Becky Lynch, but she’s lifting her suspension as well. (1)If Steph can do that then why didn’t she just do it the moment Vince suspended Becky? Or was this done with Vince’s approval and Steph didn’t mention that fact? What is the hierarchy here? I don’t think that’s an unfair question to be asking, and it’s annoying as hell because I assure you that WWE does not have an answer for it, even if it’s an internal one that they chose not to give for some bizarre reason.
Steph tells us that Becky “is still not 100% physically” and thus Steph has invited Becky to the arena tonight so that Becky can sign a “hold harmless agreement” so that WWE “won’t be responsible should something happen to Becky physically at Fastlane” when Becky faces Charlotte Flair to determine a new Raw Women’s Champion.
Okay… (2) wasn’t Becky cleared to compete right before Vince suspended her? Where is this new injury coming from? She has seemed perfectly fine the past few times she has shown up. And (3) if a “hold harmless” agreement was an option and Steph has no problem allowing Becky to compete as long as she signs one then why wasn’t that an option when Hunter and Steph kept ordering her to get checked out by a doctor?
Also, (4) why are two members of the Smackdown roster competing for the Raw Women’s Title? Shouldn’t this match be Nattie (she won her match this week) facing off against someone else from Raw to determine who get to defend the title against Charlotte and Becky at WrestleMania?
So yeah. That was FOUR storyline problems in a two-sentence promo. They had an awesome WrestleMania match that everyone wanted to see, but instead of come up with an angle or two and then let the wrestlers cut promos on each other like a competent promotion would do, instead they had to “tell their story” so now we’ve not only got a WrestleMania main event build with more plot holes than plot-Swiss Cheese, and our top babyface has been turned into an unreasonable asshole and/or violent psychopath, depending on your interpretation of her motivations. HOORAY FOR WWE!

Also, did anyone else notice that they have now essentially put Ronda in Becky’s spot?

We see Heavy Machinery coming out to the ring for what is apparently going to be a Gauntlet Match involving the teams from the earlier segment. When we return from commercial we get…

DEAN AMBROSE & ROMAN REIGNS BACKSTAGE- Dean is acting crazy and thus can’t talk to Roman right now.

GAUNTLET MATCH: Heavy Machinery vs. The B-Team vs. The Ascension vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder- 3/10
We could turn this into a long-term story with Heavy Machinery getting revenge on each team in turn, then getting foiled by The Ascension due to heel shenanigans before overcoming them in an undercard or even pre-show match at WrestleMania… or we could just blow this all off in one night with a gimmick match with absolutely no advanced notice. Yeah. Let’s do that second one.
Rather than the usual Gauntlet Match set-up, this had the other teams just waiting at ringside. That makes more sense in this particular situation because the idea that Heavy Machinery will get to face all three teams, but if that’s the case then this isn’t really a “Gauntlet Match” and so they should have called it something else.
Seeing as how The Ascension were the chief offenders and had an issue with Heavy Machinery last week, you’d think they would be the final team in but instead they were in second. This was done so we could get a tease of Hawkins & Ryder finally winning- as if we would want to see them end their losing streak by beating a team who already wrestled twice that night- before they were quickly dispatched. The total time for this whole thing was just under six minutes.

Corey Graves said that Otis Dozovic’s hero is Gritty. I popped for that one. He also said that Otis is big and strong and thus should ignore the stupid and childish insults of the other teams. Renee Young responded to this by telling Corey Graves that he doesn’t have a soul. That’s a little harsh.
Another exchange between Graves and Renee here saw Renee be indignant that the other teams were sitting around the locker room making fun of Heavy Machinery, to which Graves responded by pointing out that is this extremely common in WWE.
Renee then got angry and demanded to know “why was there even a camera in the locker room to begin with? That’s creepy!”
I didn’t put this down with the Stupid Announcer Quotes because I sympathize with the idea, but this is something that Renee should know not to say by now. She’s been doing this for six months. She should know not to expose any plot holes she stumbles across. Someone who is still doing that six months in should be relieved of his/her duty.

TORRIE WILSON WILL BE INDUCTED INTO THE WWE HALL OF FAME- This will be a fun one to see how they talk around.

SNL GOOFS INTERACT WITH WWE GOOFS- pointless

TORRIE WILSON VIDEO PACKAGE- wow. They didn’t even try. This thing was 85% boobs, including bikini shots on the beach and talk of Playboy covers. Wait… there it is. They had one clip where Corey Graves called her “a trailblazer.” She’s even in a bikini in the Hall of Fame graphic. This company never ceases to amaze me.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS CHARLOTTE FLAIR- very good heel promo by Charlotte. I’ll assume her stealing of Keith Lee’s catchphrase was done for heat.

ROLLINS & AMBROSE BACKSTAGE- Rollins asks Dean to reform The Shield one more time, but Dean says he can’t think about that right now. At this point this feels like obnoxiously forced drama with Dean having completely stupid reasons to not be able to agree to doing one simple f*cking appearance, and all to try to milk anticipation something that everyone knows we’re going to get anyway, so these segments all feel like a waste of time.

THE DRIFTER SINGS- He’s right. Philadelphia does suck, and everyone who lives there is a stupid, ugly, turd-eater.

“THE DRIFTER” ELIAS SAMPSON vs. THE SHIELD- 3.5/10
Drifter wins clean

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- boring
Seth & Roman come out to try to get Dean to reform The Shield. He ignores them because reasons. I don’t even give a sh*t anymore.
Out came The Heel Faction™ and so help me G-d I actually agreed with Baron Corbin being totally fed up with all of this. More promos were cut, The Heel Faction tried to beat up Seth & Roman but Dean made the save like everyone knew he would. There is a match at Fastlane. Hopefully I’ll be able to care about The Shield again by then.

BECKY IS BACKSTAGE- She is talking to some random dude. We couldn’t have used the SNL dudes to at least show Becky palling around with celebrities?
More importantly, Becky apparently needs a crutch to walk now (again). I’m dead sure she was fine last week on Raw and just brought the crutch to attack Nattie for the purpose of creating a motif for her feud (that Becky Lynch is a marketing genius).

Cole explained for those who may have forgotten that the reason there is all of this “one last time” talk about The Shield reunion is because Dean Ambrose “has chosen not to renew his contract.” He kicked it over to Renee Young who said that they were doing this one last time before Dean “moves on to greener pastures.” I would have killed so be able to see Vince’s face at that moment.

SASHA BANKS (w/Bayley) vs. TAMINA (w/Nia Jax)- 2/10
Tamina won after stuff happened on the outside. The match was way too short for anyone to possibly care about these titles.

MORE DUMB SH*T WITH THE SNL GOOFS- dumb
This took precedence over the tag champions’ entrance.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS ALEISTER BLACK & RICOCHET- fine

WWE RAW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Revival(c) vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet- 2.25/10
Roode and Gable caused a very obnoxious DQ by assaulting The Revival. They then brawled with Black & Ricochet. Black & Ricochet won the brawl.

CLOSING SEGMENT- bad
Steph brings both women out. She’s saying some odd things like “if anything should happen to your knee… or any other body part.” Becky signs the papers but there is no trap. Instead there is Ronda Rousey, blatantly usurping Becky’s place as the rebel, marching in at the end of the show. You’re a couple of hours late for work, Ronda. Mind explaining yourself?
Ronda is upset about all of this. Steph doesn’t understand why, telling Ronda “you vacated your championship. What choice do I have?” Ronda insists that she “didn’t vacate anything. I gave you a week to think about it.” Well then you should have been more clear, Ronda, because “Ronda is vacating the title” is the impression that everyone watching last week’s segment got, and you made no efforts to clarify this over the course of the week. Also, if that was the case, maybe you should have showed up to work on time and clarified this all with Steph. Or at least given her a damn phone call after you saw her go on TV and announce the Fastlane match well over an hour ago.
Steph gives in to Ronda, then changes the Fastlane match so that “if Becky loses, she’s done” (whatever that means) but if Becky wins, she gets added to the Mania match. So odds are, we’re getting a f*ck finish at the PPV with Ronda costing Charlotte the match.
For no real reason other than to be a jerk, Ronda decides to get in Steph’s face and says “we all know you value your wallet over your own pride. I make you too much money for you to fire me and you know it. What are you gonna do, huh? Admit that you lost control of me? That no matter what you say or order to be done I can go rogue whenever I want. I can do anything I want in this ring because you value your bank account and your reputation over Charlotte and Becky’s frail little bodies.”
Steph, please just fire her stupid ass.

Ronda then turned heel on the fans and kicked Charlotte, then beat up on Becky while Charlotte and Steph watched from outside the ring. The turn makes sense in that I can believe that Ronda is unhappy about getting booed and also that she is prone to violent outbursts, but as far as the narrative structure of this whole thing, this was completely out of left field.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS STEPHANIE MCMAHON- this was a fine promo for what it was meant to be, but I think the visual of Ronda posing with the belt and standing over Becky while staring a hole through Charlotte was a much better moment to close the show on than a Steph interview with occasional shots of Ronda pointing at the WrestleMania sign.

On this three-hour show, only the first match went more than ten minutes. The lengths of the other matches were 2:04, 6:00, 8:05, 3:14, and 6:54. If there was more than forty-five minutes of wrestling on this show, it’s only by a matter of seconds.

Another bad and frustrating episode of Raw. We’ve come to the point where my favorite character was not on the show, and I breathed a sigh of relief because it meant that I would get at least a one-week reprieve from them trying to ruin her. Also not on this show were Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano, nor were they were mentioned, so who knows what their status is.

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. As Braun Strowman was making his entrance, Renee Young enthusiastically told us that Braun “is always busy interacting with the WWE Universe” on Twitter, as if this is something I’m supposed to give a sh*t about when he comes down to the ring for his professional fight. Yes, interacting with your fanbase on social media can be a big positive (especially for a babyface), but there is a time and place to plug these things, and this is not one of them. The sooner WWE and their announcers get that through their heads, the better.

2. The reason Renee said the above was due to an intro by Cole who said that Braun sometimes has some “unique words” on Twitter. After Renee’s above comment, Cole told us that said “unique words” were “one day at a time they all fall down. I’m coming for every one of you cowards.”
No, Michael. These would be “angry” words or “threatening” words. Examples of “unique” words would be “flamoo” or “gabadong” or “horgansteet.”
Telling me Braun had some “unique words” makes him seem like he’s quirky. Your job isn’t to make him seem quirky; it’s to make him seem determined and dangerous!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Re: BRM Reviews the 3/4/2019 Raw (frustrating)

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 5th, '19, 08:37

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 00:48
TORRIE WILSON VIDEO PACKAGE- wow. They didn’t even try. This thing was 85% boobs, including bikini shots on the beach and talk of Playboy covers. Wait… there it is. They had one clip where Corey Graves called her “a trailblazer.” She’s even in a bikini in the Hall of Fame graphic. This company never ceases to amaze me.

What footage did you want them to use? It's not like a Trish/Lita situation where you have equal wrestling footage that you do bikini footage. The ratio of footage used is probably the same ratio of Torrie Wilson footage overall. And the 15 percent of her wrestling footage is probably the only clips where she didn't look terrible in ring.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 5th, '19, 09:57

Let’s be real, they’re grabbing at the bottom of the barrel for women inductees now because they’ve just about included everyone that was a wrestler first and eye candy second.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 5th, '19, 10:12

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 09:57 Let’s be real, they’re grabbing at the bottom of the barrel for women inductees now because they’ve just about included everyone that was a wrestler first and eye candy second.
realistically, there's still a lot left, most of the women from the 70-80s, even some of the 90's are not in yet, but they're not hot blondes anymore. I'm pretty sure Bull Nakano ain't in yet for instance.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 5th, '19, 11:10

NWK2000 wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 08:37
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 00:48

What footage did you want them to use? It's not like a Trish/Lita situation where you have equal wrestling footage that you do bikini footage. The ratio of footage used is probably the same ratio of Torrie Wilson footage overall. And the 15 percent of her wrestling footage is probably the only clips where she didn't look terrible in ring.
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 09:57 Let’s be real, they’re grabbing at the bottom of the barrel for women inductees now because they’ve just about included everyone that was a wrestler first and eye candy second.
I expect them to have the honesty to not just not induct Torrie Wilson. Not only did she never even win a title, but I think she only ever got one or two title shots in her career. No one is going to be upset if Torrie is never inducted into the Hall of Fame, so why do it when it torpedoes your obsessive PR push? If you're down to the dregs of the wine bottle, just spill it out and don't have wine this meal.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 5th, '19, 15:50

For clarification, I skipped the SNL segments, which turned out to be the best thing for my blood pressure.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 5th, '19, 17:42

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 15:50 For clarification, I skipped the SNL segments, which turned out to be the best thing for my blood pressure.
You missed nothing, they were awful.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 5th, '19, 17:45

cero2k wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 10:12
realistically, there's still a lot left, most of the women from the 70-80s, even some of the 90's are not in yet, but they're not hot blondes anymore. I'm pretty sure Bull Nakano ain't in yet for instance.
But how many of them does WWE really want to induct? It's not always about skill or contribution, it's about politics and popularity and all kinds of other things. They want to include women that are still in the memories of casual fans, for them to be like "Oh, I remember her" instead of "who?".

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 5th, '19, 17:48

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 17:45
But how many of them does WWE really want to induct? It's not always about skill or contribution, it's about politics and popularity and all kinds of other things. They want to include women that are still in the memories of casual fans, for them to be like "Oh, I remember her" instead of "who?".
This is another consequence of them turning the HOF into a thing that they sell tickets to fans for. If it wasn't for this they could focus more on historical choices that actually make sense as opposed to Blondie McBoobs who a chunk of the current fanbase remember... downloading pictures of.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 5th, '19, 21:52

So Batista actually kicked Richard Fleihr's ass and not Ric Flair's. Oh alright. Completely non-kayfabe and all. That's the vibe from the Triple H promo lmao. Sure he did.

He suddenly hates the guy so fuckin' much now as well.

Garbage.

The same HHH that tore his chest up last time he had a match.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. The more it goes on the more it becomes an unnecessary shoot that everyone knows just isn't real for no reason.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 5th, '19, 22:02

Yeah Brm...Torrie Wilson IS "A TRUE TRAILBLAZER". I mean she said it right there in the video...."she's gonna show 'em that women kick ass too"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 5th, '19, 22:32

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 22:02 Yeah Brm...Torrie Wilson IS "A TRUE TRAILBLAZER". I mean she said it right there in the video...."she's gonna show 'em that women kick ass too"
You're misquoting her. She didn't say "women." She said "girls."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 5th, '19, 22:32

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 22:32
KILLdozer wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 22:02 Yeah Brm...Torrie Wilson IS "A TRUE TRAILBLAZER". I mean she said it right there in the video...."she's gonna show 'em that women kick ass too"
Either way and now you're just mincing words/splitting hairs! Hahahahaha!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 5th, '19, 22:59

That ending was.....

Uuuhhh....interesting I guess. Finally feels like the right move nonetheless. Shut that bitch up though, one way or the other....meaning I just don't wanna hear Ronda Rousey.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 5th, '19, 23:35

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 22:32
It's actually a pretty important distinction for these purposes.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 5th, '19, 23:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 23:35

Point is still valid!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 5th, '19, 23:57

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 23:35

If anything....saying "girls...", means said girls were Bagley, Sasha, and other women's evolution pioneers were much younger at the time, so that just furthers the fact! #LolLikeCrazy.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 6th, '19, 00:32

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 17:48
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 5th, '19, 17:45

This is another consequence of them turning the HOF into a thing that they sell tickets to fans for. If it wasn't for this they could focus more on historical choices that actually make sense as opposed to Blondie McBoobs who a chunk of the current fanbase remember... downloading pictures of.
And anyone not in that demographic remembers her for the terrible angle with Dawn Marie...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 6th, '19, 09:20

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 00:32

And anyone not in that demographic remembers her for the terrible angle with Dawn Marie...
relevant

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 6th, '19, 09:55

cero2k wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 09:20
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 00:32

relevant

I saw this, in the funny wrestling topic I think? So good.