BRM Reviews the 4/8/2019 Raw

Bob-O

Re: BRM Reviews the 4/8/2019 Raw

Post by Bob-O » Apr 9th, '19, 15:12

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 9th, '19, 14:26
cero2k wrote: Apr 9th, '19, 13:39 I think at the end of the day, they shouldn't have promoted a title vs title match if they were not going to deliver. Just have them start the show joining forces against the bar, or in the worse case scenario, make an angle that overshadows the bad booking, like debuting Undisputed Era to stop that title vs title match.
This. If there was some big, exciting angle following this, no one would be complaining. The way to mitigate damage is to do an angle that gives people a clear sign of what is coming next so they are talking about that instead of talking about the non-finish.
That's just it. It's naturally the biggest Raw of the year, and there's me - a fan practically BEGGING for them to give me a reason to come back to weekly viewing - and the ONLY reason I have to watch next week is to find out wtf they're doing with a stupid sock puppet. That's it. Sami's back, he cut a great promo, he's still heel, he's inexplicably fat now, and possibly getting away from the comedy stuff... but he didn't give me a reason to tune in next week, nothing HAPPENED.

Even that main event... they could have literally done ANYTHING besides the bait and switch and I'd be inclined to at least watch Smackdown tonight to see where it goes... but sadly no. I'm afraid AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL those people that were saying The New Day had run it's course until Kofi got hot and changed their tunes are in for a REALLY rude awakening the next few weeks... I'll pass.

Looking forward to the shakeup though! I like those.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 9th, '19, 15:25

That thing is a buzzard? It looked to me like the Dodo Bird from Looney Tunes.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 9th, '19, 21:56

According to Wade Keller, after the DQ in the title vs. title match, fans start chanting "AEW!" and "BE ELITE!", which last all the way through the commercial break.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 9th, '19, 22:27

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 9th, '19, 21:56 According to Wade Keller, after the DQ in the title vs. title match, fans start chanting "AEW!" and "BE ELITE!", which last all the way through the commercial break.
at one point the New Day tried to get a NEW DAY ROCKS chant and it became a A-E-DUB chant

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 12th, '19, 09:12

After reading more thoughts on it...that got dang bird boy is actually wearing the "red Hawaiian Bray Wyatt shirt", so not much more to it.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 12th, '19, 09:36

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 12th, '19, 09:12 After reading more thoughts on it...that got dang bird boy is actually wearing the "red Hawaiian Bray Wyatt shirt", so not much more to it.
completely missed that, it actually makes everything worse and better at the same time. he's gonna go full Jim Henson

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 12th, '19, 09:57

cero2k wrote: Apr 12th, '19, 09:36
KILLdozer wrote: Apr 12th, '19, 09:12 After reading more thoughts on it...that got dang bird boy is actually wearing the "red Hawaiian Bray Wyatt shirt", so not much more to it.
completely missed that, it actually makes everything worse and better at the same time. he's gonna go full Jim Henson
And not even Muppets Jim Henson. This thing reminds me of SNL Season One Jim Henson.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 12th, '19, 12:55

Let's just hope the bird weirdo thing is just part of vignettes and doesn't actually amount to anything pertaining to his full-time act.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 12th, '19, 14:36

Just to make the sh*t in the main event worse, Cageside Seats is reporting that the originally-planned SD main event was Kofi vs. Drew and that it was changed to a six-man tag on Tuesday, meaning that when they booked this pathetic bait-and-switch they had absolutely no plans for it to be anything other than a cheap out so they could advertise a match they wanted to pop a rating but dind't want to deliver the promised result of.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 12th, '19, 15:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 12th, '19, 14:36 Just to make the sh*t in the main event worse, Cageside Seats is reporting that the originally-planned SD main event was Kofi vs. Drew and that it was changed to a six-man tag on Tuesday, meaning that when they booked this pathetic bait-and-switch they had absolutely no plans for it to be anything other than a cheap out so they could advertise a match they wanted to pop a rating but dind't want to deliver the promised result of.
I'm Killdozer619, BRM please keep all talk about that subject in that designated thread.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 12th, '19, 15:28

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 12th, '19, 15:26
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 12th, '19, 14:36 Just to make the sh*t in the main event worse, Cageside Seats is reporting that the originally-planned SD main event was Kofi vs. Drew and that it was changed to a six-man tag on Tuesday, meaning that when they booked this pathetic bait-and-switch they had absolutely no plans for it to be anything other than a cheap out so they could advertise a match they wanted to pop a rating but dind't want to deliver the promised result of.
I'm Killdozer619, BRM please keep all talk about that subject in that designated thread.
1. That's one hell old reference.
2. Don't try to out-mod a mod. I put this in this thread on purpose because my comment pertains more the finish of Rollins vs. Kofi than to what actually happened on SD.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 12th, '19, 15:34

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 12th, '19, 15:28
KILLdozer wrote: Apr 12th, '19, 15:26
1. That's one hell old reference.
2. Don't try to out-mod a mod. I put this in this thread on purpose because my comment pertains more the finish of Rollins vs. Kofi than to what actually happened on SD.
I felt appropriate lol.

"Mod"?!?

We haven't done that in like...5 years or more. There's NO rules or guidelines anymore really..

Yeah, that's like a 10 years ago reference probably...