BRM Gives Up on the 6/15/2020 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM Gives Up on the 6/15/2020 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 16th, '20, 17:17

OPENING SEGMENT- good
Randy Orton came out and cut a promo on Edge, making fun of his injury. Christian came out and cut a promo on Randy, who responded by offering to give Christian his “one more match,” tonight in an unsanctioned match (to get around Christian not being medically cleared). Randy said that the offer expired at the end of the night. Christian wasn’t sure if he should take it. I thought this was all good stuff, but if Christian is also going to be able to have one more match, why are we not saving this for a PPV?

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS ZELINA VEGA & ANGEL GARZA- good
Zelina is dressed like a supervillain.
Garza builds up his match with Owens, makes comments about being able to beat Andrade and wanting the US Title for himself, and hits on Charly. Andrade showed up and they exchanged tense words. I don’t think these guys should be feuding, but they seem to be doing a good job of building up the tension slowly so it can peak at a big moment rather than rushing through it.

KEVIN OWENS vs. ANGEL GARZA (w/Zelina Vega)- 5.5/10
Andrade came out at a neutral point, distracting both men, but Owens was the one who was able to capitalize. Andrade and Garza started arguing on the outside so Zelina walked off. Andrade interfered to help Garza but then Garza tired to get him down off the apron instead of following up on Owens, allowing Owens to hit the Stunner for the win. The heels argued afterwards. Zelina came out and told them that if they want the US Title they should start working together. I’m not really sure how that’s going to work.

A NEW INTERVIEWER TRIES TO INTERVIEW MVP AND LASHLEY- MVP was great, as always. Lashley was fine. Also, MVP was 100% correct that this interviewer was very rude with the way she interrupted their private conversation. Not a good first impression.

MVP, LASHLEY, & LANA SEGMENT- This was good stuff and everyone played their rolls well, and I’m SOOOO happy that Lashley is dumping Lana (he wants a divorce), but I don’t see how anyone comes out of this as a babyface.

STREET PROFITS & VIKING RAIDERS INTERVIEW- They’re actually proud of that sh*t-fest from last night. Rude Interviewer (that’s what I’m calling her because they haven’t told us her name) asks them if they have any plans to break the stalemate of their rivalry. I know! How about you HAVE A F*CKING WRESTLING MATCH! Asuka and Nia Jax had no clear winner last night so WWE booked a rematch tonight, so why didn’t they do the same thing with the Raw Tag Team Title match that never took place.
The two teams of goofballs acted like goofballs, talking about having a Viking Profits cinematic universe and actions figures and so forth. Then Tozawa showed up with his ninjas and said “sequel.” Dawkins told him he wouldn’t be in the sequel so Tozawa put his hands together and in the goofiest manner possible summoned his large minion. Then he kept making his goofy hand gesture and vibrating his head from side to side, and I got annoyed and shut the show off. This is already borderline offensive, and I don’t want to sit through it, so I’m not going to. Now I’ve got free time to watch New Japan or that 2003 NOAH show I’m in the middle of, or watch some EVOLVE or wXw back-catalogue.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3