BRM Reviews the 9/10/2012 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/10/2012 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 11th, '12, 22:34

BRET HART & CM PUNK SEGMENT- Because I don’t know of any other connection between Quebec and the Ole! Ole! Chant, I will assume that we just heard an El Generico chant. Anyway, I really didn’t like this segment. It’s not that it was bad… it just felt entirely non-productive. It was just Punk being a heel jerk and Bret being Bret.

R-TRUTH & KOFI KINGSTON vs. THE MIZ & ANTONIO CESARO (w/Aksana)- 4/10
Boo for Claudio losing.

SHEAMUS GETS DEPOSED BY OTUNGA- HILARIOUS! And I hope that they realize that “Lipschitz” has just become Sheamus’ official kayfabe last name.

LAYLA EL, EVE TORRES, & KAITLYN vs. BETH PHOENIX, ALICIA FOX, & NATALYA- 3/10
Too short, but a great finish.

AJ & PUNK BACKSTAGE- okay. I popped for Brodus actually getting to speak, though.

CM PUNK vs. RANDY ORTON- 6/10
Orton and Punk were having a fine match until Ziggler interferes. With Lawler’s help, Orton overcomes the 2-on-1 beatdown. Do you know what this Orton vs. Ziggler feud is missing? HEAT! Orton comes out on top almost every damn time. It would have been so much better to have Ziggler cost Randy the match! This both gets heat on Ziggler and gives Punk a win.

JERRY LAWLER & RANDY ORTON vs. CM PUNK & DOLPH ZIGGLER (w/Vickie Guerrero)- no rating. Eh segment. The point of this was to have

DRAGON & KANE STUFF- I’m no expert on anger management theory, but I’m pretty sure that this guy has no f*cking idea what he is doing.

RYBACK SQUASH- it’s a squash

PRIME TIME PLAYERS & AJ BACKSTAGE- PTP made this enjoyable, but I am frightened that WWE will give Dragon & Kane the title shot instead.

DANIEL BRYAN & KANE vs. THE PRIME TIME PLAYERS- 4.5/10
I would have liked the finish a lot more if it hadn’t been PTP losing.

TYSON KIDD vs. ALBERTO DEL RIO (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)- jobbing Tyson Kidd out in two minutes in Canada? Really? Wouldn’t it have been better to give him a win in a dark match? Del Rio’s post-match promo was decent.

SHEAMUS vs. DAVID OTUNGA- no rating. Good segment.

KANE & DRAGON BACKSTAGE AGAIN- MORONIC! These are not the type of guys to argue of moronic sh*t like this. These are probably my two favorite wrestlers of all-time. I should be happy that they are teaming, yet I hate this angle.

Okay, the suggestion to name the team “Team Friendship” make me crack a smile. I think this angle is starting to get to me.

CODY RHODES vs. REY MYSTERIO JR.- 5/10
Wow. They finally decided to let Cody win a match and get some heat. Whoa! Didn’t see that coming, but it makes sense.

CLOSING SEGMENT- The parts with Bret and Cena were so damn lame. Then Punk came out and was awesome. Cena’s response was good, but would have been a lot better if Punk had ever actually cheated to retain the belt. Everything that happened after Cena started in French went back downhill, though (I almost laughed at Bret just standing there irrelevantly through all of this). The ending, with Punk trying to get in a cheap shot on Bret but having fifty-five year-old Bret Hart but winding up getting knocked on his butt sucked.

Are we really sure they were in Montreal? Because Punk saying that he was better than HBK got more boos than Punk saying that HBK was better than Bret.

Yet another bad episode of Raw.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 9/10/2012 Raw

Post by cero2k » Sep 12th, '12, 11:35

Big Red Machine wrote:
CODY RHODES vs. REY MYSTERIO JR.- 5/10
Wow. They finally decided to let Cody win a match and get some heat. Whoa! Didn’t see that coming, but it makes sense.
this was the only part of the show where i actually jumped out of my seat. i just didn't see it coming.

Rabid619

Re: BRM Reviews the 9/10/2012 Raw

Post by Rabid619 » Sep 12th, '12, 13:09

I watched the ending as soon as Punk came out. Cena just grated on my nerves and Punk shouldn't be knocked down by a 55 year old even if it is Bret Hart. It should have been him taking a swing at Hart then Cena punching him. That would have been less stupid. Cena doesn't need yet ANOTHER title reign.

Also, Punk made me laugh a bit during the tag match when Vickie was screaming in his face and he just looks at her and says "Excuse Me" so quietly and ignores her. I also hated Cole saying Heyman wandered down to the ring. Obviously he doesn't understand that Heyman came down to the ring, a child or person who is not in their right mind wanders. A person walking somewhere for a purpose is NOT wandering.