BRM's thoughts on the 2/11/2011 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM's thoughts on the 2/11/2011 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 16th, '11, 05:35

DEL RIO-KOFI SEGMENT- Bad. We have seen this so many times recently. An interrupted/destroyed celebration, Del Rio saying mostly the same stuff… it is getting annoying. Kofi hesitating didn’t make much sense at all, and went on WAY too long.

KOFI KINGSTON vs. ALBERTO DEL RIO- 4/10. Way too short. I realize that they are trying to make the Cross Arm-breaker look strong, but I think that Del Rio should have gotten more offense in on Kofi. This just made Kofi look weak.

GRISHAM INTERVIEWS EDGE- PERFECT! This segment got across the hype for tonight’s main event PERFECTLY: How the hell can Edge retain his title with the odds so stacked against him (my prediction is that Teddy Long will return and overturn a decision or something like that).

KOZLOV (w/Santino) vs. JUSTIN GABRIEL (w/the Corre)- 4/10. The quicker Santino & Kozlov lose the belts, the better.

CHRIS MASTERS vs. DREW MCINTYRE- 2/10. Great promo byMcintyre and props to the ref for not stopping his count when McIntyre got on the mic. The match itself was WAY too short. If you want to have a squash, make it a real squash. Don’t give Masters a HUGE move for McIntyre to kick out of, then have him get beaten easily.

MYSTERIO PROMO- Rey, if you are trying to convince us that something was an accident, you might want to try NOT SMILING next time. Rey came off as a jackass, not a babyface.

WADE BARRETT vs. REY MYSTERIO- 6.75/10. Extremely good for a seven minute match.
They are really putting Zeke over strong, which is good.

JTG vs. KANE- Squash

VICKIE, DOLPH, & LAY-COOL SEGMENT- Good.

DIVAS TITLE MATCH: Eve Torres(c) vs. Layla (w/Michelle McCool)- 3/10. Not good. A bunch of chants that I couldn’t make out broke out during this match, but I assume that they were dead heat chants, which is very bad.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Edge(c) vs. Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero as Special Guest Referee- No Rating. This was oodles of fun until the finish. I laughed my ass off when Vickie speared Edge. I’m pretty sure that this guy isn’t a WWE approved referee, so he can’t count the pin.
Vickie clearly earned her referee’s license at the Derek Zabato Refereeing School because she pulled quite a few pages out of Zabato’s playbook. All good stuff, though.
Someone in the crowd is holding up an anti-Vickie sign which reads “Your excused. Now leave.” This would be clever if the author didn’t fail at English in the process.

Overall this was a pretty good episode of SD.

Stupid Announcer quotes:
1. Booker T- “His nose is wide open, thinking about Kelly Kelly”- WHAT?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3