BRM Gives Up on the 12/18/2018 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Gives Up on the 12/18/2018 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 18th, '18, 20:50

SHANE HOLDS A MEETING BACKSTAGE- terrible
He starts with the worlds “last night on Raw,” at which point the entire Smackdown roster boos. I assume WWE’s intention with this is to show some sort of “brand rivalry,” but rather than believe our valiant babyfaces like AJ Styles, Asuka, Jeff Hardy, and Rey Mysterio Jr. are petty sore losers still upset about getting their asses kicked at Survivor Series, I’m going to instead interpret this as them booing the entire phrase, meaning that they hated last night’s Raw as much as I did.
Shane gives the same bullsh*t speech as last night, saying that they are “listening” and there is a now “fresh start” and that everyone will be “held accountable” in this “new era,” because it’s important they put on a good show for “the greatest fanbase in the entire world, the WWE Universe.”
Shane then calls Paige up to tell everyone that Paige “isn’t going anywhere” but rather than “her role has changed.” He then proceeded to not explain what her new role would be. The wrestlers then all started to chant “THANK YOU, PAIGE!” like a bunch of marks.

WOMEN’S TITLE SEGMENT-
I wonder if anyone tuning in for the first time thinks Becky’s gimmick is that she’s trans?
Becky comes out and cuts a great promo on Ronda for costing her the WWE Smackdown Women’s Title at TLC. Charlotte came out… all smiley and doing her poses… and then tried to tell me how angry she was at Ronda. Actually, what Charlotte first said was telling Becky to “take a number,” which she then clarified as “take a number two and stand behind the queen.” That’s an… odd fetish.
Charlotte’s condescension here was good if she’s supposed to be a heel, but they have played her off like a total babyface. Asuka then came out and did her whole entrance routine, while Becky gave her the most wonderful look of disgust. It was one step below Regal.
They start to bicker, although, if I’m being fair, Becky was making actual points, while Charlotte was off in her own corner. Asuka was just standing there like Ronda didn’t basically hand her the belt on a silver platter. Vince came out to interrupt them and proceeded to get angry at them for making excuses because technically what Ronda did wasn’t against the rules.
Fine. You are right about that, Vince. But doesn’t it bother you in the least that we don’t know for sure if the woman to walk out of your title match as the champion actually is the better woman?

I don’t need to sit through any more McMahon bullsh*t this week. I toughed out last night's show; I'm not doing it tonight. I read the results for the rest of the show. I’m going to pass. I’ll seek out footage of the main event (AJ & Mustafa Ali vs. Bryan & Almas) and Nakamura’s promo but that’s it. I refer you all to F4WOnline for results and some minor analysis.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/w ... out-272706
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Gives Up on the 12/18/2018 Smackdown

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 18th, '18, 20:56

Awh! More like B(ad)R(eading)M(aterial)!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 18th, '18, 21:57

You're welcome to provide your own if you can make it coherent.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 18th, '18, 22:23

Dang ol' Asuka, I tell ya what.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 19th, '18, 09:10

I will say this though: Charlotte IS the heel you maniac. How is it not obvious and evident? Snapped and kicked the shit out of Ronda Rousey, and has been probably the most obnoxious jerk on SD ever since, especially about said aforementioned act with Ronda Rousey.

There's literally nothing "good guy", or woman...left about her.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 20th, '18, 09:15

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 18th, '18, 21:57 You're welcome to provide your own if you can make it coherent.
Done. I may have forgotten a small thing or but I don't think so. Yeah, there was pretty much no McMahon involvement at all. You turned off for nothing lol.