12/18/18 SD Review (Since BRM jumped to conclusions and stopped watching and therefore couldn't do one.)

KILLdozer

12/18/18 SD Review (Since BRM jumped to conclusions and stopped watching and therefore couldn't do one.)

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 19th, '18, 13:56

It is I, your friendly neighborhood SD reviewer.

-Page's "new role" was not clarified throughout the broadcast. I guess we're going to be given a new Paige angle? It was obviously a "tune in next time" type of thing, so we'll see. I don't think she'll end up announcing. So Idk, but I'm curious.

The whole backstage meeting was pretty quick. E Langston ate steak while looking at Bryan and being weird. Zelina Vega didn't really care when applauding Paige.

Not a lot more to say that wasn't already mentioned.

Charlotte and Becky in the ring- Yeah, Charlotte is definitely heel. They did their usual back and forth, with some good one-liners. Vince came out and made a solid point. Both declare they WILL be after Rhonda Rousey then. Naomi came out and said she wanted a shot at the title. Vince basically said ok, because "things are changing", I guess.

Asuka and Naomi-It got a good bit of time and it was standard for them...Asuka was Asuka and Naomi did her athletic jump moves and kicks...but it was clear the match lagged some because Naomi couldn't quite match Asuka'd pace. Nowhere near bad, but not quite what it could've been. Becky and Charlotte watched, and surprisingly no one got involved after. Asuka won cleanly with the Lock in the middle of the ring.

Now from here I don't exactly what remember what exactly happened in exact order, but...

Rusev and Lana backstage with the interview woman talking about Nakamura and the US Title-He basically did more yo-ho-hahaha comedy nonsense stuff about a "handsome Rusev" and one point was about how you could "use his beard to make sweaters for babies", and how he's an incredible man...and Nakamura "looks like Sonic the hedgehog."

He said he will win the title also. Silly but enjoyable at times lol.

Nakamura responds-He basically used clips of Rusev acting a fool doing ridiculous stuff from Total Divas in a montage, and he kinda called him a gay bitch, just not in those exact words. He showed stuff like cooking with no clothes, mowing the lawn in underwear, and other over the top stuff, ending with "total diva" on the screen. I didn't really hear exactly what he said though.

Miz backstage at the McMahon locker room-he knocks and Vince Answers. He asks for Shane of course, and Vince says "He can't come out to play right now." He still has it lol. Miz repeats the usual dumbass weird comedy shit here, and adds that He's "asking for Vince's blessing, to be his son's partner." Yes.

Literally his words. Miz did some stuff saying he's always been dependable when Vince needed him etc etc, and it ends with Vince saying he'll give him a test. He's deciding a partner and the opponents. He then shuts the door back to the lockerroom so quickly it about hits Miz in the face. I don't blame him.

Miz and....

Mandy Rose Vs...Carmella and R-Truth.

-I'm definitely seeing what all the hype about Mandy Rose's good looks is from Graves with this match. It wasn't much at all though and I missed the finish actually. It was pretty much more comedy from True Money and Miz. Miz and Mandy won. Oh. R-Truth called Mandy Rose "your wife, Maryse.", and meant it. The "over the top wild dumbass" version of his old amazing heel character, just doesn't work as a face with things like this. It's not bad but it just seems genuinely weird. Believable stuff, but just feels like a bad knock of one of the best characters of the last ten years.

Joe "apologizes" to Jeff Hardy for his recent behavior- No, he was really just frontin' to gain the opportunity for an "intervention." It was kinda weird. He pretty much said, he doesn't want him to go crazy with temptation and the like over the holidays this year...like he's suddenly gonna go off the deep end and drink like hell or something.

This just seemed obnoxious and forced, as well as random from nowhere. If it was supposed to be obnoxious and all, ok, that worked. It was very short and ended again with a duck under and Twist of Fate after Joe ran up for the cheap shot. Jeff also got rallied up again and talked positive to counter what was said.

This was nothing new at all.

Oh yeah-There was also more of that "6 new dudes are coming from NXT." Whatever. Exactly the same.

The New Day did some fuckin' bullshit I didn't really catch or pay much attention to at all...I kinda tried not to, mainly because Kingston had some funny kind of dumbass ponytail Mohawk facing the camera...Awh! As well as other usual New Day shit, who cares.

Usos-stuff about how they weren't done because they did lose at TLC. It lead to The Club coming out, and they mentioned stuff about "not being on in 4 months.", and other similar stuff. Usos kinda see me correct when they said it was their own fault for falling off...which made me think...in kayfabe how can someone simply not be on the show and go unnoticed for that long?

What really stops them from just showing up and destroying everyone over and over, forcing themselves out there and getting attention until they're given their foot into the door?

It kinda feels like a whole new booking error we've never really discussed.

It all lead to Usos And Gallows and Anderson, which was quite well until The Bar came out...only for Sanity to run right past them and kick everyone's ass first lol. Eric Young's exact words were "beat you to it! We beat you to it!" ...so that's exactly what this was.

No, no Nikki Cross yet either.

The main event was Bryan, and Almas v Styles and Ali, so basically a vanilla midget...whatever you'd call Ali, ...another vanilla midget I suppose, and Almas and Styles.

The match was everything you expected it to be. Daniel Bryan talked more of his usual clown nonsense beforehand and as I said, the match definitely delivered. I really hope this leads to another rise of Almas.

Ali actually got the pin on Bryan with the "054" the inverted 450, in what was called his "first official match as part of SD. So he's permanent now as well. The win was clean, and he went crazy with shock and it seemed huge. I'm guessing Bryan V Ali 2 is coming.

Interesting groundwork laid here definitely, which unlike Raw, actually saw several new faces get shots and appear in every division. It was definitely somewhat fresh.
Last edited by KILLdozer on Dec 20th, '18, 14:26, edited 2 times in total.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Re: 12/18/18 SD

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 20th, '18, 12:47

Yeah. Rusev has definitely fully taken a turn into a comedy goofball as far as his character goes.

There's this though:
Hidden text.
He wins the title from Nakamura next week...soooo...I guess. It's kinda past the perfect timing though. Not to mention a step down from facing AJ Styles and not winning at the perfect moment...

KILLdozer

Re: 12/18/18 SD Review (Since BRM jumped to conclusions and stopped watching and therefore couldn't do one.)

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 22nd, '18, 12:04

Just passed a video on FB where Daniel Bryan talks about "traps, And AJ Styles' overconsumption"...

This is literally becoming a one-note character where it's always becoming the same exact thing every single time you see him, no matter who he's talking to, or even if he's addressing the crowd for that matter.

I told you! This is "too much" for today's WWE Creative.