Make this guy World Heavyweight Champion already

Y2J
Future Endeavored

Make this guy World Heavyweight Champion already

Post by Y2J » Jan 14th, '11, 18:58

I'm talking about none other than Alberto Del Ri-i-i-i-o-o-o! Now I don't know much about this guy's background but I am very impressed by what I've seen from him thus far. Everything from his matches, his mic skills, the way he carries himself just screams championship material. His first few viginettes intrigued me but when he made his debut I thought this guy was just going to be a mexican version of JBL, but he has grown on me over the past couple of months and I can truly say he is one the best signings that WWE has made in the last few years. Mark my words forum, this man is going places.

C'mon guys, let's have three cheers for the NEXT World Heavyweight Champion: Alberto Del (wait for it) Ri-i-i-i-o-o-o! :ymparty:

[youtube][/youtube]

Rabid619

Re: Make this guy World Heavyweight Champion already

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 14th, '11, 20:16

Hell yes!

Del Rio is awesome and he should have gold.

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jan 14th, '11, 20:23

Rabid619 wrote:Hell yes!

Del Rio is awesome and he should have gold.
THIS!!!!
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 14th, '11, 20:27

Not yet; he's only had one feud thus far and he hasn't been in WWE for even a year yet. I like how they're pacing this whole thing. I think later this year he'll become champ, but MUCH later this year.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 14th, '11, 20:28

Guys remember that screw up that they did either right before he debuted or shortly after? They put up his profile or something and someone wrote This is the guy whos getting the big push right?

BrettBirnberg
Future Endeavored

Post by BrettBirnberg » Jan 14th, '11, 20:38

Don't forget, the NEW...... Mr. Wrestlemania!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 15th, '11, 13:45

I wouldn't put the belt on him yet. I would have him win his feud against Rey (possibly even retiring Rey), THEN have him go for (and win) the World Heavyweight Title.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

zeredeth

Post by zeredeth » Jan 15th, '11, 17:47

Alberto Del Rio is Dos Caras Jr. His father was one of the greatest Luchadors that I have seen. When Del Rio started out as Dos Caras Jr., the guys that his father had faced put him through hell. Del Rio's style is the true Japan and Mexican style where he isolates the body part that he is going to finish the person off with. His finisher is just like a finisher should be; not flashy just hard hitting and almost guaranteed to succeed. I would love to see Alberto Del Rio with the World Heavyweight Title but I think they are going to just use him as a crowd pleaser (startler) for a while.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 15th, '11, 19:50

zeredeth wrote:Alberto Del Rio is Dos Caras Jr. His father was one of the greatest Luchadors that I have seen. When Del Rio started out as Dos Caras Jr., the guys that his father had faced put him through hell. Del Rio's style is the true Japan and Mexican style where he isolates the body part that he is going to finish the person off with. His finisher is just like a finisher should be; not flashy just hard hitting and almost guaranteed to succeed. I would love to see Alberto Del Rio with the World Heavyweight Title but I think they are going to just use him as a crowd pleaser (startler) for a while.
WHOA WHOA WHOA! Hold on a sec! Really? Del Rio is Dos Caras Jr.? THAT'S AWESOME! I did not know that; I thought he was just well known as Alberto Del Rio. You learn something new every day....

zeredeth

Post by zeredeth » Jan 15th, '11, 22:18

That is how you can tell I am a true wrestling fan when I know a little bit of at least 10 promotions. I loved to watch all of the luchadors and when I first saw Del Rio and his style I realized that he was Dos Caras Jr.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 16th, '11, 13:52

zeredeth wrote:That is how you can tell I am a true wrestling fan when I know a little bit of at least 10 promotions. I loved to watch all of the luchadors and when I first saw Del Rio and his style I realized that he was Dos Caras Jr.
I'm not a big fan of wrestling in Mexico; I love the way the Japanese have incorporated the lucha style into theirs (Michinoku Pro back in the day, and Dragon Gate now). When it comes to the guys south of the border, I like some of them, but not very many; I'm the same way about the Canadians and Europeans. I've always heard of Dos Caras Jr., but I never really watched any of his matches. In fact, just last week I was playing Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and I put Dr. Wagner Jr. up against Dos Caras Jr!

Z-man, thanks for the info; blew my mind. Now I'm def gonna put British Azteca (American Dragon) up against Eagle II (Dos Caras Jr)

zeredeth

Post by zeredeth » Jan 18th, '11, 00:31

badnewzxl wrote:
zeredeth wrote:That is how you can tell I am a true wrestling fan when I know a little bit of at least 10 promotions. I loved to watch all of the luchadors and when I first saw Del Rio and his style I realized that he was Dos Caras Jr.
I'm not a big fan of wrestling in Mexico; I love the way the Japanese have incorporated the lucha style into theirs (Michinoku Pro back in the day, and Dragon Gate now). When it comes to the guys south of the border, I like some of them, but not very many; I'm the same way about the Canadians and Europeans. I've always heard of Dos Caras Jr., but I never really watched any of his matches. In fact, just last week I was playing Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and I put Dr. Wagner Jr. up against Dos Caras Jr!

Z-man, thanks for the info; blew my mind. Now I'm def gonna put British Azteca (American Dragon) up against Eagle II (Dos Caras Jr)
That is great that I have made an impression on someone here. I am glad you are a fan of FPW Returns. Me and my friend have all 500 slots filled and all of the organizations and real names on there. I even have the Keshin Liger version of Jushin.