Entrance Theme Tournament #1

Accept the challenge

Entrance Theme Tournament #1 Finals! Pick The Winner!

Kurt Angle
40%
Jack Sagger
60%

Total votes: 5

Bob-O

Entrance Theme Tournament #1

Post by Bob-O » Jan 30th, '13, 20:35

It humbles me to present to you our first ever... Entrance Theme Tournament! The greatest, most epic, or possibly terrible entrance themes square off in a quest for ultimate supremacy.

Voting is open for 5 days, ties result in a bye. Talk it up, be persuasive, may the best theme win! We haven't had a good game in a while, let's have some fun!

Here's the line up:

Jack Swagger
[youtube][/youtube]
VS

Hulk Hogan (Real American)
[youtube][/youtube]

The Oddities
[youtube][/youtube]
VS

Rey Mysterio (WCW/No Limit Soldiers)
[youtube][/youtube]

The Ultimate Warrior
[youtube][/youtube]
VS

Sting (Early WCW)
[youtube][/youtube]

Kurt Angle (TNA)
[youtube][/youtube]
VS

Mike Tyson (DX)
[youtube][/youtube]
[/color]

There you have it! Nothing's final 'till Monday, may the voting begin!!!
Last edited by Bob-O on Feb 21st, '13, 20:38, edited 8 times in total.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Entrance Theme Tournament #1

Post by cero2k » Jan 30th, '13, 20:48

This round is easy so far, i may reconsider later

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jan 30th, '13, 22:33

Voted

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 31st, '13, 01:28

Voted
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

WrestlingJoker

Post by WrestlingJoker » Jan 31st, '13, 10:13

Voted.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 31st, '13, 11:53

You know,his entire second half of the post said talk it out,have fun,be persuasive and discuss it...And the only thing you ppl can say is "Voted" ....Not even two words? 8-|

anyways, I didn't vote,but Swagger's theme is ridiculous annoying now, blame WWE 13 for that, but still, so theres no reason Real American shouldn't be better, not to mention its very good anyways..
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 31st, '13, 12:19

KILLdozer wrote:You know,his entire second half of the post said talk it out,have fun,be persuasive and discuss it...And the only thing you ppl can say is "Voted" ....Not even two words? 8-|

anyways, I didn't vote,but Swagger's theme is ridiculous annoying now, blame WWE 13 for that, but still, so theres no reason Real American shouldn't be better, not to mention its very good anyways..
I honestly didn't expect people would vote for anything else than Real American so i figured no persuasion was necessary.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 31st, '13, 12:28

cero2k wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:You know,his entire second half of the post said talk it out,have fun,be persuasive and discuss it...And the only thing you ppl can say is "Voted" ....Not even two words? 8-|

I honestly didn't expect people would vote for anything else than Real American so i figured no persuasion was necessary.
That was just the one I chose to talk about though,surely there's gotta be somethin to be said about some stuff here or there's no point in calling this a game. :p

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 31st, '13, 12:57

KILLdozer wrote:
cero2k wrote:

That was just the one I chose to talk about though,surely there's gotta be somethin to be said about some stuff here or there's no point in calling this a game. :p
I love the Jack Swagger one, maybe because I love Rage Against the Machine :P

well, the oddities one is pretty awesome, but not at the level of Real American. Also, for Angle and rey rey, their original songs were soo much better, but given these options, i can' really get behind them, and I actually live the TNA angle one, but not as much as the wwe one.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 31st, '13, 22:00

My concept might have been skewed in the translation between my brain and my keyboard. I've added a tournament bracket to the OP. Winners, of course, get the most votes and move on to the next round. Ideally, you use your 4 votes to decide the winner of each matchup, but should you decide to throw a vote to both (like voting for Warrior AND Sting) then that's up to you (I didn't want to clog up the feed with 4 different threads, plus this adds another dynamic B-) )

I was hoping to see Iron Mike's theme doing a little better, it's probably one of my favorites. It used to be one of my favorite work-out songs... when I gave a crap about that sort of thing :p
cero2k wrote:I love the Jack Swagger one, maybe because I love Rage Against the Machine
This! After so many years of trying to explain to people that RATM DIDN'T do DX's theme, it was awesome to find out that they actually did one. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed that they gave it to Swagger.
KILLdozer wrote:Swagger's theme is ridiculous annoying now, blame WWE 13 for that
lol Video Games have ruined so many songs for me, I definitely get what you're saying...

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 1st, '13, 01:19

I just played all 8 songs at once.

I feel like I just traveled through time... :-o

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Feb 3rd, '13, 07:55

Voted

Mike Tyson's theme sounds similar to X-Pac's

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Feb 3rd, '13, 11:17

C'mon, Kurt Angles theme is magnificent.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 4th, '13, 22:02

The First Round is in the books!

Rage Against The Machine edged out Rick Derringer, as the "All American American" squeaked past "The Real American" 5 votes to 4.

EVERYBODY wanted to see the Greatest Show, as ICP and The Oddities shut out Master P and Rey Mysterio 6 votes to null.

The former Blade Runners proved to be equals, as Warrior's epic Pump Up Jam matched one of Stinger's early themes 3 votes apiece.

Which give Kurt Angle a bye into the finals, as he got past my favorite to win, Mike Tyson's original DX Theme by a score of 3 to 2.

The Semifinal Polls are up! Kurt Angle gets a bye to the finals, whom shall he face? It's Jack Swagger vs The Oddities, and the voting is open until THURSDAY!

Jack Swagger
[youtube][/youtube]
VS

The Oddities
[youtube][/youtube]
[/color]

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 5th, '13, 00:51

As if it was even a question...with Swagger's theme being in the running...

But now that I know ICP sings that oddities' theme...Its not even a ....How do you say?....CHANCE IN HELL!!!!! X(

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 10th, '13, 20:19

It's come down to this, the Final Two! It's the All American American vs The Olympic Gold Medalist! Voting is open, may the best man win!!!

Jack Swagger
[youtube][/youtube]
VS

Kurt Angle (TNA)
[youtube][/youtube]
[/color]

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 21st, '13, 20:40

Swagger takes it 3 to 2!

Thanks everyone for participating, #2 should be up shortly!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 21st, '13, 20:43

Bob-O wrote:Swagger takes it 3 to 2!

Thanks everyone for participating, #2 should be up shortly!
this was a great game, thanks!