I Just Had The Best Idea Ever

The sky is the limit
Big Red Machine

I Just Had The Best Idea Ever

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 20th, '18, 16:28

Imagine Flip Gordon going to PWG and doing a heel turn where he refuses to do his FLIPZ and MOVEZ and instead only works submission holds. And to get all of this over, he could change his name to reflect his new style and start calling himself
Hidden text.
Matt Gordon

Don't tell me that wouldn't be the most over thing in the promotion.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: I Just Had The Best Idea Ever

Post by cero2k » Apr 21st, '18, 11:49

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 20th, '18, 16:28 Imagine Flip Gordon going to PWG and doing a heel turn where he refuses to do his FLIPZ and MOVEZ and instead only works submission holds. And to get all of this over, he could change his name to reflect his new style and start calling himself
Hidden text.
Matt Gordon

not just PWG, but anywhere.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 21st, '18, 19:41

cero2k wrote: Apr 21st, '18, 11:49
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 20th, '18, 16:28 Imagine Flip Gordon going to PWG and doing a heel turn where he refuses to do his FLIPZ and MOVEZ and instead only works submission holds. And to get all of this over, he could change his name to reflect his new style and start calling himself
Hidden text.
Matt Gordon

not just PWG, but anywhere.
PWG is the place it would probably get over heelishly the best. Those fans love their spot-monkeys.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 22nd, '18, 10:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 21st, '18, 19:41
PWG is the place it would probably get over heelishly the best. Those fans love their spot-monkeys.
the most over guys are a huge motherfucker called WALTER and a technician called Sabre, I think you're thinking of ROH fans. If anything, it would get over in PWG because fans would actually get the joke

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 22nd, '18, 11:01

cero2k wrote: Apr 22nd, '18, 10:20
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 21st, '18, 19:41
the most over guys are a huge motherfucker called WALTER and a technician called Sabre, I think you're thinking of ROH fans. If anything, it would get over in PWG because fans would actually get the joke
Same guys are over in both places, though ROH fans seem happier with stupid gaga than with flips (although it's possible that they'd be just as happy with the flips but the wrestlers have figured out that they don't have to work as hard on ROH shows if they're not big shows). It's also the sort of gimmick that fits PWG's attitude but doesn't fit the attitude ROH is supposed to have. PWG also seems to book more pure flippers than ROH does (Guevara, Ricochet, Fox, Angelico, Flamita.. and, to be honest, the Lucha Bros and even The Bucks often feel a lot more like pure flippers when they work PWG than when I see them elsewhere [okay... maybe Penta is worse in AAW, but he still comes off as much more of a flipper in PWG than in LU]). Plus, I think ROH's commentary would ruin it while PWG's would play into it.

Don't get me wrong: I'd be happier if ROH took some of these pure flippers instead of the hacks they're currently booking like Marseglia, O'Ryan, Milonas, BCB, Ferrara, Bubba), but I think PWG is definitely the more spot-happy promotion.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation