WWE Lottery Booking!

The sky is the limit
Serujuunin

Re: WWE Lottery Booking!

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 7th, '19, 22:09

Oh god, I'm finally done!

Story begins on the Summerslam pre-show. The Lucha House Party (Sin Cara and Kalisto) are facing The Revival for the Tag Team Championships (unfortunately, we know this is where they would be). The Revival wins, of course. While they are in the ring celebrating their victory, the camera cuts to the panel, who begin to discuss the breakdown of the match, before being interrupted by EC3. Naturally, he’s wearing a tailored suit. He walks up to Renee, grabs a microphone, and immediately cuts a promo.

Hold on, hold on, Renee. You’re gonna keep talking about guys like this? He gestures behind him to the ring. I mean, I’ve got nothing against The Revival, they get it done in the ring, eeeeeven if they look like a pair of backwater hicks. But Lucha House Party? He looks disgusted. Three grown men in cosplay? Really? This is what passes for ‘entertainment’ on Summerslam? Three grown men hiding behind masks? Look at me, Renee, does this look like a face that belongs behind a mask? He lowers the microphone and strikes a pose. No, no it does not. Because this is a face that belongs on a billboard! This is a face that belongs on t-shirts, in movies, on television. This is a face that should be the face of this company, and here I am, being shafted in favor of guys like the Lucha House Party? He looks pointedly at Renee. Does that seem fair to you, Renee? No, no it does not. And I’m over it! This all changes now.

He walks away, and the panel sit in stunned silence for a moment before they carry on breaking down the following match.

The next night on RAW, EC3 interrupts a segment with Elias before he gets a chance to begin playing. He’s dressed in his ring gear.

Okay, what is this? I specifically ask for time on this show and get turned down, but they give TV time to… this? He gestures up and down at Elias. This… What even are you supposed to be? You look like you got your clothes out of the reject bin at the Salvation Army. No, no, this time does not belong to you. This time belongs to the top one percent. This time belongs to EC3.

Before Elias has the chance to bash him with the guitar, EC3 beats the hell out of him, throws him out of the ring followed by his chair and guitar.

Now that I have the time that I deserve, I have something to get off my chest. Now I’ve heard that a certain someone got offended by my comments last night, and got all over social media complaining about it. So, I’m gonna give that someone the chance to come on out here and say it to my face! Or does the mask do more than hide your face? Does it hide your cowardice too?

Lucha House Party all come out, with Kalisto speaking for them. He goes on about how EC3 disrespected the illustrious history of lucha libre, about the symbolism of the lucha masks, and the wonderful wrestlers the WWE Universe has seen thanks to lucha libre, mentioning Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, even Andrade “Cien” Almas! EC3 quickly holds up his hand to interrupt him.

What makes you think I care? All of that history? It’s just that, history. This is about today. This is about tomorrow. This is about the future of the company, of the industry, and make no mistake, that is a future that lies solely in the hands of the top one percent. He looks at the trio, pensive. You know what? I think the three of you need to be shown just how obsolete you are. I will give one of you, just one- he holds his hand out with one finger up- uno, the chance of a lifetime to get in the ring with me.

The trio discuss among themselves for a moment before they decide on Gran Metalik. Kalisto says something about getting a referee.

Hey hey, slow your roll, speedy Gonzales. This is clearly a short joke, and Kalisto is offended. I never said this week. Or maybe your English isn’t that good and you missed it? No, this is a match that deserves promoting! It deserves billboards, TV appearances! All for me, of course, no one cares about any of you. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a very expensive bottle of champagne that needs drinking, ciao!

Segment ends with an agitated Lucha House Party in the ring and EC3 walking up the ramp looking very much like a smug asshole.

Over the course of RAW TV, EC3 gets victories over Gran Metalik and Kalisto both, skipping some weeks but has segments via satellite from various tropical and exotic locations, on yachts, etc., running down the Lucha House Party much the same way he has already, and between the three of them, pick up some singles victories on the weeks EC3 is conveniently absent. Two weeks before Hell in a Cell, Kalisto, translating for Sin Cara, alleges that after beating him and Gran Metalik, that he’s been conveniently occupied. He accuses EC3 of ducking Sin Cara. The next week, on the go-home show, EC3 has another satellite segment, this time from a spa hot tub on top of some snowy mountain in Switzerland. Pretty blonde girls show up giving him drinks.

So Sin Cara has been talking trash, I hear… He flashes a charming smile at a tub-side server. Sorry, but I’ve been too busy, travelling the world, eating the finest food, drinking the finest wine, and wooing the finest girls, to give a damn about what Sin Cara thinks. Bottom line is, EC3 is money, plain and simple. Whether I’m in the ring or on camera on location at some of the most luxurious places in the world. If you really want to know, Sin Cara, why I haven’t bothered… Why it isn’t worth my time to meet you in the ring? Well, I’ve beaten Kalisto and Gran Metalik and well, everyone knows, they could both wrestle circles around you. I’ve proven myself against the two of them, why would I lower myself to the third wheel of the Lucha House Party? But… there is a big stage on the horizon… A big stage that has yet to have EC3 attached to it… And let’s be real, the only way to make a big stage even better, is to have some representation from the top one percent. So, I will show up at Hell in a Cell, and whoever is feeling brave… Or stupid enough to try me, can try me. Adios!

Hell in a Cell- EC3 shows up, as he promised… But shows up for his scheduled “match” in his suit. He explains that he has a very important date with a very beautiful woman on a very exclusive red carpet in just a few nights, so he simply can’t risk “any damage to the face of the company”. And besides… I decided that -insert city name here- just isn’t worth my time. The camera shifts to the Lucha House Party watching the segment on a TV in the back, agitated.

October PPV- EC3 continues to duck Sin Cara, still claiming that he’s the weak link of Lucha House Party and therefore not worth his time. He carries on accumulating wins on RAW, but so does Sin Cara, who is pissed that EC3 keeps implying that Sin Cara is the weak link. But he then has a string of bad luck, with two or three losses strung together, and we see in backstage segments that he confides in the other two that maybe EC3 is right. Meanwhile, EC3 has been having a mini-feud of sorts with Elias, who is still mad at how he was interrupted so rudely. They have a match at this PPV, which EC3 wins.

As Survivor Series approaches, both Sin Cara- who has since rebounded and strung together a series of victories- and EC3 are chosen to be a part of the RAW Survivor Series team by the captain (who for all intents and purposes is irrelevant). EC3 continues to deride Sin Cara, poking fun at him and the captain for choosing him. They get into a few scuffles in the backstage area that are broken up by the rest of their team, and the angle going into Survivor Series is whether or not they will be able to coexist when it counts.

Survivor Series- Of course, they don’t. EC3 refuses to tag Sin Cara into the match at all, so Sin Cara forcibly tags himself in when EC3 goes to tag another partner. Sin Cara is impressive, getting an elimination or two on the other team, but an accident causes Sin Cara to hit EC3, who consequently gets pinned. EC3 of course is irate, and beats the hell out of Sin Cara and leaves him to get pinned by the Smackdown team, and walks off. The RAW team loses as a result.

The RAW team get in EC3’s face over the course of the build to TLC, to which EC3 reacts the same way to all of them- if the match doesn’t have EC3 in it, the outcome is irrelevant.

You think this was ever about the brand? He says. This was never about the brand, this was never about RAW. This was always about the top one percent, this was always about EC3. And the top one percent is way too good to be dragged down by a bunch of losers… He looks at the members of the RAW team. Like you.

He begins to get under the skin of the RAW team who all get matches with him on the road to TLC. Faced with tougher opponents, he resorts to questionable tactics and outright cheating to win his matches, and of course boasting along the way that he’s single handedly taken down the RAW team. Sin Cara comes out and says well, you haven’t beaten me.

TLC- Sin Cara doesn’t have a match, but EC3 has a match against the RAW team captain. He’s on the ropes the entire match, really getting his ass kicked, but he cheats to earn a victory.

Royal Rumble- On the go home show to the Rumble, Sin Cara approaches EC3 and says, there’s no way you can duck me in the Royal Rumble. Sin Cara walks off, and EC3 tries to look nonplussed, but he does look a little concerned. Sin Cara comes in early in the match, has a pretty decent iron man run, and EC3 comes in later. Sin Cara eliminates EC3, and EC3 consequently causes Sin Cara to be eliminated.

Elimination Chamber- In the build to Elimination Chamber, Sin Cara approaches Hunter directly and asks for a match, saying he’s tired of EC3 avoiding him and trash talking him, and wants to pay him back for eliminating him in the Royal Rumble and, most importantly, for disrespecting the legacy of lucha libre. Hunter grants the match. Sin Cara has EC3 thoroughly beat, and in his desperation, EC3 gets himself disqualified, beating the crap out of him. Kaliso and Gran Metalik come out to make the save, and EC3 bails out.

In the build to Fastlane, EC3 is interviewed about his recent string of victories and his loss to Sin Cara. He throws a hand up in the interviewer’s face.

Loss? Did you see what I did to Sin Cara? Did that look like a loss to you? Sin Cara hasn’t been seen since I beat the lucha right out of him at Elimination Chamber. But he’s been saying on social media that he wants another chance… Well, can you tell me why I should, -insert interviewer’s name here-? No? I didn’t think so. Because I am the biggest, strongest, toughest, smartest guy on the RAW roster… Hell, in all of WWE, and everyone knows it. I am the top one percent, and it’s not just because of my bank balance. It’s because I am a force of nature in the ring, and I just can’t be stopped! He’s wearing a shit-eating grin. It’s about time for Sin Cara to realize that I’m just out of his league, and he better start batting in his weight class.

Fastlane- Sin Cara is granted a rematch with EC3, and this time, it’s more of an even fight. Over the course of the match, Sin Cara’s actions and body language imply doubt, and the commentators press the issue that Sin Cara might have let EC3’s comments get in his head. Towards the end of the match we see an increased resolve, Sin Cara hits all his signature moves, and EC3 decides that this match isn’t worth his time anymore, he leaves to get himself counted out. Kalisto and Gran Metalik appear on the ramp to try to get him to go back into the ring, and EC3 bails out through the crowd instead- making a point to not make contact with any of the “plebeians” in the audience.

After Fastlane, Sin Cara goes to Hunter again and asks for a No DQ match at Wrestlemania, to prove to EC3, to Hunter, to himself, to the fans, that he is every bit as good as he says he is. To prove that EC3 is NOT as good as he claims he is. The match is granted. Between Fastlane and Wrestlemania, EC3 returns to his absentee behavior, cutting promos from various locations, saying he is undergoing rigorous training and wellness routines, “as per usual”, because Wrestlemania deserves the best, the top one percent, at his best. Sin Cara continues to perform on RAW week after week, not necessarily winning every match but putting on fabulous matches with everyone he’s in the ring with, firmly getting the fans behind him.

Wrestlemania- Sin Cara asks Kalisto and Gran Metalik to stay behind. He needs to do this for himself, by himself. Him and EC3 have a long, rigorous, back and forth match, with EC3 targeting the leg to take away Sin Cara’s signature offense. Sin Cara does eventually make the big babyface return, and wins the match, to significant fanfare. Gran Metalik and Kalisto meet him in the ring afterwards to celebrate.

Sorry if it starts to fall apart at the end, my wrist was killing me and it hurt to type. :P

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 13th, '19, 11:19

CURT HAWKINS & JINDER MAHAL:

Rather than start at WrestleMania, I’ll just start this where we’re at right now. Over the next few weeks, Hawkins and Ryder keep losing, both individually and as a team. Meanwhile Mojo Rawley continues doing his thing where he angrily yells at himself in a mirror, in between picking up a squash victory over a jobber on Raw, and some others on Main Event.
Hawkins and Ryder- along with Mojo, Jinder, the Singh Brothers and many other undercard geeks- wind up being placed in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale. We all know this thing doesn’t matter because nothing good ever really happens for the winner, even in the short term, but when Hawkins and Ryder cut promos talking about how much they want to win it, it actually does mean something to us because no matter how unimportant the win is in the overall environment of WWE, to two guys on a big losing streak, this win is just as good as any other to break that streak. To help do this, they plan on working together to ensure that they are the final two so that one of them will be able to win.

WRESTLEMANIA XXXV:
The time for the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale finally comes. Ryder, in what is mostly his home market, is, unfortunately, eliminated first, by Jinder Mahal, running his and Hawkins’ plan. Stuff happens and more people are eliminated, though Hawkins notably does not eliminate anyone. He just survives elimination a bunch of times. Mojo, on the other hand, accumulates more eliminations than anyone else.
The final three comes down to Jinder, Mojo, and Hawkins. Hawkins manages to low-bridge a charging Mojo to eliminate him. He and Jinder battle for several minutes, with several elimination teases both ways before Mojo eliminates Hawkins to get the win. He has a big celebration and poses with the trophy, then heads to the back, forcing the Singh Brothers to carry the big, unwieldy trophy for him. As this is happening, Hawkins is sitting on the floor, his back against the barricade and heads in his hands, looking totally dejected. I’d have him sitting by the stairs right by the ramp so that he will be in the camera shot several times, but not have the announcers acknowledge him in any way until Jinder passes him on his way to the back and calls him a loser.

The next week or two of TV sees Jinder winning his matches cleanly and cutting promos during which he both insults Hawkins & Ryder while also making sure to remind us that two years ago he was merely the runner-up in the ATGMBR and still wound up as WWE World heavyweight Champion within a few months, so now that he has even more momentum because he actually won the ATGMBR, he will be unstoppable.

Hawkins and Ryder, after losing on the post-Mania Raw, take offense to Jinder’s insults and wind up booked against the Singh Brothers the next week. Jinder is at ringside with his trophy by does not get involved in any way, instead dropping by the commentary desk to insult them again and brag about his victory. The Singh Brothers beat Hawkins & Ryder cleanly.
Hawkins and Ryder each lose singles matches cleanly on Raw, and Jinder comes out to make fun of them on commentary each time, while also teaming with the Singh Brothers to cleanly defeat Lucha House Party on Raw that week. On social media and WWE.com over the next week we get some videos of first Hawkins and Ryder each demanding singles matches with Jinder and then one of Jinder turning them down, saying they are “not worthy” of facing the Modern-Day Maharaja and ATGMBR winner. They couldn’t even beat his servants the Singh Brothers. But he will be kind and grant them another match against the Singh Brothers, and if they can beat the Singh Brothers then maybe he will talk to the McMahons about getting singles matches booked (this will all be recapped for us on the next week’s Raw as well).

The next week on Raw we get Hawkins & Ryder vs. the Singh Brothers with Jinder promising to stay away from ringside entirely. During the match a frustrated Hawkins tries to get his feet on the ropes for additional leverage on a pin but Zack Ryder knocks his feet off the ropes, telling him that if they’re going to win, they need to win the right way or else it doesn’t really matter. They argue, which leads to the distracted Hawkins getting shoved into Ryder and then rolled up and pinned by the legal Singh. Hawkins and Ryder argue afterwards.

The next week Jinder and the Singh Brothers each pick up wins, with the Singh Brothers scoring something of an upset win over The Ascension. Hawkins & Ryder, meanwhile, are booked against the B-Team. We get a ref bump, then also wind up in a situation where Ryder is bumped off the apron and goes down. Hawkins decides to take advantage of this to grab a chair and nails Bo with it… but the now-recovered referee sees it and calls for the DQ.

On the go-home Raw Jinder gets a clean win over someone, then cuts a promo calling Hawkins & Ryder losers once again. He even lets the Singh Brothers talk (about someone other than himself), making fun of Hawkins & Ryder for not even being able to work together as a tag team. Hawkins & Ryder go to the McMahons and demand a chance to prove the Singh Brothers wrong, so a tag match is booked for the MITB pre-show that Sunday.

Meanwhile, Mojo Rawley has continued to yell at himself in the mirror for his failures for a few weeks then returns to TV to pick up some more squash wins.

MONEY IN THE BANK 2019:
THE SINGH BROTHERS vs. CURT HAWKINS & ZACK RYDER-
At several points during the match, when bother the referee and Ryder are distracted with other things, Hawkins, while standing on the apron, manages to crack whichever Singh Brother is legal at the time in back or in the back of the knee with his goofy cane gimmick that he brings to ringside. He eventually manages to crack Samir right in the head, sending him down to the mat in a crumpled heap. This time, although the referee still doesn’t see it, Zack Ryder does, and refuses to make a cover. This results in an argument between the partners, while Ryder also purposefully gives Samir some time to recover, eventually even dragging him over to the opposite corner so Sunil can tag in. The match continues, and the Singh Brothers eventually get the clean win via a roll-up on Hawkins.
Despite their victory, though, they are too banged up from all of the cane shots to accompany Jinder to ringside for his match. Luckily for Jinder, he doesn’t need their help and manages to cleanly defeat whoever his opponent happens to be.

Over the course of the next month, Mojo keeps winning, and Hawkins & Ryder keep losing and arguing with each other, with Hawkins sliding in a more heelish direction and Ryder trying to keep him on the straight and narrow. Their issues lead to them being booked against each other at the June PPV, where one man’s losing streak will finally end.

Jinder keeps on his path as well, winning cleanly whenever he wrestles. At one point he actually instructs the Singh Brothers to remain in the back for his match because he wants to win on his own, instead tasking them with winning the tag titles (which we’ll now say AoP hold) “for the glory of all of India!” (Image that last part in your best, over the top Jinder voice). The Singhs also win some matches cleanly, so at the June PPV Jinder will be getting an IC Title match against Elias while the Singhs challenge AoP for the tag titles.

AS OF YET UNANNOUNCED JUNE PPV:
We get a pre-show segment indicating that Jinder and the Singhs would like to be at ringside for each other’s moments of victorious glory tonight, but their matches are close enough together that it would cut into Jinder’s preparation and warm-up for his own match, so he won’t be able to be at ringside with the Singh Brothers.

CURT HAWKINS vs. ZACK RYDER-
Ryder wins clean with his finisher in seven minutes. Hawkins is angry and disappointed, but eventually accepts Ryder’s handshake and they walk off together.

WWE RAW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: AoP(c) (w/Drake Maverick) vs. The Singh Brothers-
The Singh Brothers put up a valiant fight, but they are flattened by their much larger opponents. Their refusal to stay down only leads to them taking more damage before they are finally put away with a Supercollider.

We get a quick backstage segment with Jinder checking on them in the trainer’s room, with them apologizing to Jinder for failing him and all of India and for not being able to be at ringside when he has his moment of glory tonight.

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: “The Drifter” Elias Sampson(c) vs. Jinder Mahal-
Jinder wins clean with the Khallas to win the IC Title. He devotes his victory to his “servants… no. To my friends Samir & Sunil.

The next night on Raw, a celebration is booked for Jinder so that he can celebrate on TV with his friends the Singh Brothers. Also, a battle royale IC Title #1 contendership match is announced for next week and we get a promo from The Drifter complaining about having to earn a rematch via battle Royale. During the celebration, Jinder spends a lot of time putting the Singh Brothers over. The celebration is ruined by an angry Mojo Rawley assaulting everyone.
Zack Ryder wrestles Epico with Curt Hawkins in his corner, and Ryder picks up the win. Hawkins and Ryder then do an interview segment with Charly where Hawkins congratulates Ryder on his wins- both tonight and at the PPV. They tell us that they will both be in the battle royale next week and Hawkins jokes that maybe he’ll beat Ryder there.
Over the next week on social media (which, as before, will be recapped for us on Raw) we get Jinder cutting a promo demanding a match against Mojo, Mojo refusing unless Jinder puts the title on the line, and Jinder agreeing to do so in order to get revenge for the Singh Bothers, who have to spend some time on the shelf because Mojo’s assault exacerbated the injuries they suffered the previous night against AoP.

On the next week’s Raw, Jinder cleanly defeats Mojo to retain the IC Title, while the #1 contendership battle royale comes down to Hawkins and Ryder, with Ryder managing to pick up the win, giving him an actually winning streak now, while Hawkins remains on his losing streak.

The next week on Raw we see Mojo back at his mirror, yelling at himself even louder and seeming more crazy and violent, ending the promo by punching the mirror out.
Hawkins loses clean to The Drifter. Later in the show we get a backstage segment with the Singhs (all taped up and not cleared to wrestle yet) asking Jinder if he wants them at ringside for his title defense against Zack Ryder next week, telling him they really do want to be at ringside to see him retain his title. He thanks them for the offer but tells them that it is more important that they stay at home and rest up so they can come back as quickly as possible. Also, not being at ringside reduces the chances of some sort of accident resulting in their injuries being exacerbated even more. Plus, he tells him, “I won’t need any help. It’s just Zack Ryder.”
Later in the night, Charly goes to Ryder’s locker room to get a response to Jinder’s comments. Ryder cuts a fiery, angry promo vowing to make Jinder very sorry if he underestimates him.
Hawkins walks in, telling Ryder he worked out “another game plan” he might want to try to use against Jinder. Ryder, still all fired up, tells Hawkins that he already told him he doesn’t need any of his game plans. Hawkins responds that he is “just trying to help,” to which Ryder responds “I don’t need your help, okay! I’m the one of us who has actually won a match in the past three years. I think I know what I’m doing better than you do.”
Ryder immediately realizes what he said and apologizes profusely, telling Hawkins that he didn’t mean it like that, but Hawkins refuses his apology and storms off.

Next week’s Raw sees Jinder retain the IC Title cleanly against Zack Ryder. Hawkins is shown watching the match on a monitor backstage. He is angry every time we cut to him, but when Ryder loses, we can see what appears to be a satisfied smirk on his face. After the match, The Drifter (who won a match earlier in the show) comes out to challenge Jinder to a title match at Sunday’s PPV, which Jinder accepts.
Later in the show, Charly is interviewing Ryder about his loss when Hawkins jumps him from behind and beats the crap out of him. This results in a match being booked between them for Sunday’s PPV.

EXTREME RULES 2019:
CURT HAWKINS vs. ZACK RYDER-
They have a wild brawl. Hawkins controls most of it, but Ryder manages to catch him with a roll-up for the win. The furious Hawkins assaults Ryder after the match until security runs out to stop him. We are later told that Ryder has been taken to a local medical facility for examination, and after the PPV, the news comes out that he is injured and will need some time off. Hawkins, meanwhile, goes on Twitter and proclaims himself the winner of tonight’s match. Hopefully marks will argue with him about this, but just in case none do, you can set up some dummy accounts in advance to ensure that you will have screenshots of the Twitter response you want.

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Jinder Mahal(c) (w/the Singh Brothers) vs. “The Drifter” Elias Sampson-
Jinder wins clean to retain, and celebrates with the Singh Brothers afterwards.

The next night on Raw, Hawkins comes out and claims to have proved his superiority over Zack Ryder last night but the WWE Universe isn’t willing to recognize it, so he demands an IC Title shot against Jinder Mahal to prove his superiority by succeeding where Ryder failed. Jinder will come out and accept the challenge because “the Modern-Day Maharaja backs down from no one!” but Hunter will come out and tell Hawkins that if he wants a title shot he has to actually win some matches first. But what Hunter will do is book Hawkins vs. Jinder for later tonight in a non-title match, and if Hawkins wins, then he can have a title shot.

CURT HAWKINS vs. JINDER MAHAL (w/the Singh Brothers)-
Jinder wins clean in ten minutes.
Hawkins cuts a promo complaining that the Singhs distracted him (even though we all know they didn’t), but at Jinder’s insistence, Hunter agrees to give Hawkins another chance next week, with Jinder agreeing to leave the Singh Brothers in the back.

The next week on Raw the big Jinder vs. Hawkins match features a ref bump during which Hawkins tries to cheat but the Singh Brothers run in and yank the various weapons away from him. The Singhs stay at ringside after the referee recovers and Hawkins beings to yell at them, but this allows Jinder to roll him up for the win. Hawkins goes crazy afterwards and tries to attack the Singh Brothers but Jinder takes him out with the Khallas.
Later in the night Charly is interviewing Jinder about his possible challengers for SummerSlam now that Hawkins has been crossed off the list. Hawkins comes in from behind and assaults Jinder and the Singhs with a pipe, beating them all bloody as Charly screams for help.
Hawkins picks up Jinder’s IC Title belt and puts it over this shoulder, then grabs Charly by the wrist of her microphone-hand and yanks her over to him, telling the cameraman he had better keep the camera rolling or else. He cuts a promo into the mic, saying that he would have beaten Jinder if not for the Singh Brothers distracting him last week so this match should have been a title match, and he would have won this match, too, if the Singhs had stayed in the back like Jinder had agreed, so he is the rightful Intercontinental Champion right now, so he’s taking hisbelt. Hawkins then runs off with the title.

The next week on Raw, the McMahons DEMAND that Hawkins return the title to Jinder, but Hawkins refuses to do so unless he is given a title shot. The McMahons are ready to suspend Jinder for his insubordination and his heinous conduct last week, but Jinder begs them to give him the chance to avenge Samir and Sunil and says he doesn’t care if he has to put his title on the line to get it. The McMahons agree, but Hawkins refuses to hand the belt over unless he has a signed contract, so a contract signing is set for next week.
Over the course of the week it emerges that Hawkins has insisted on this being a cage match so that the Singh Brothers can’t interfere, and all parties have agreed to the stipulation. The match will take place at SummerSlam that coming Sunday. The contract signing sees Hawkins with a bunch of personal security guards to stop Jinder from attacking him and stop any plans the McMahons might have about taking the title back by force and not giving him his match. Everything goes off without a hitch, but some go-home promos are cut.

SUMMERSLAM 2019:
STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR THE WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE: Jinder Mahal(c) vs. Curt Hawkins-
Jinder wins cleanly by pinfall in fifteen minutes.

I’m going to end this here as the commission was to tell a story with Jinder and Hawkins as the principal characters and I think Jinder’s part in it pretty much ends here. That being said, much groundwork has been laid for the future of Curt Hawkins, who would continue to follow Mojo Rawley’s path in much less subtle ways than just emulating the way Mojo maneuvered himself into getting a title shot, now, building up to him also doing the “looking the mirror and blaming yourself” gimmick.
I haven’t thought this part out too much yet, but I think the best way to do it would be have to have Mojo get increasingly violent as well and to wind up booking those two against each other in a match where basically just beat the sh*t out each other for fifteen minutes, with maybe a ref bump to facilitate crowd brawling and some limited weapon use, with Mojo coming out on top, then offering to take Hawkins under his wing.
Hawkins would accept this offer and we’d get them looking to the mirror together and each blaming himself for his failures, but while Hawkins would get angrier, he would not get more successful and you would wind up with him basically being Mojo’s run-in guy to cause DQs whenever Mojo is having trouble (and Mojo returning the favor a few times would keep Hawkins’ losing streak going).
Ryder would come back and go after Hawkins, but also pointedly ask Hawkins things like “are you proud of the person you see when you look into the mirror? Mojo would tell Hawkins not to listen to Ryder, describing him as dead weight they both realized needed to be dumped. This would build to a tag match (not sure who Ryder’s partner would be) but Ryder would wind up pinning Hawkins, which could lead to Mojo turning on Hawkins, as losing to Ryder made Mojo realize that Hawkins is dead weight, too. Hawkins eventually breaking his losing streak by beating Mojo at the Rumble, and then you can set up for the Hawkins & Ryder reunion tour, with them going on to win the tag titles at WrestleMania.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 16th, '19, 15:35

Oooooh this is really good, Red! I like the inclusion of a bunch of other guys too.

You guys are really good at this. I don't know if anyone else still has contributions, but I can draw another round of names if we want to go again!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '19, 22:35

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 16th, '19, 15:35 Oooooh this is really good, Red! I like the inclusion of a bunch of other guys too.
Thanks. Finding Mojo was something of a key puzzle piece, but I probably wouldn't have even gone there if not for the requirement for there to be "development." That said, I'm having something of a hard time finding a way to show "development" of bothcharacters in a babyface vs. heel scenario without a double-turn. Booking this stuff as a standard wrestling angle would be a little easier because- now that I think about it- in most angles, you really only have one character develop. I'd never noticed that before about wrestling.
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 16th, '19, 15:35 You guys are really good at this. I don't know if anyone else still has contributions, but I can draw another round of names if we want to go again!
I've got Becky Lynch vs. Mickie James still outstanding, though with all of the stuff I need to watch in the next few days (one more wXw show, the rest of the ROH PPV, both EVOLVE shows, two PROGRESS shows, two Japan shows, and one or two other reviews I'd like to finish up before the Mania-weekend craziness- (and that's in addition to the usual weekly stuff... oh yeah... and real life, too), I'm not sure when I'll get around to it, so I'd say draw names for everyone else if you want, and I'll take a new pair when I finally finish Mickie/Becky.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 17th, '19, 10:44

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 16th, '19, 22:35
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 16th, '19, 15:35 Oooooh this is really good, Red! I like the inclusion of a bunch of other guys too.
Thanks. Finding Mojo was something of a key puzzle piece, but I probably wouldn't have even gone there if not for the requirement for there to be "development." That said, I'm having something of a hard time finding a way to show "development" of bothcharacters in a babyface vs. heel scenario without a double-turn. Booking this stuff as a standard wrestling angle would be a little easier because- now that I think about it- in most angles, you really only have one character develop. I'd never noticed that before about wrestling.
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 16th, '19, 15:35 You guys are really good at this. I don't know if anyone else still has contributions, but I can draw another round of names if we want to go again!
I've got Becky Lynch vs. Mickie James still outstanding, though with all of the stuff I need to watch in the next few days (one more wXw show, the rest of the ROH PPV, both EVOLVE shows, two PROGRESS shows, two Japan shows, and one or two other reviews I'd like to finish up before the Mania-weekend craziness- (and that's in addition to the usual weekly stuff... oh yeah... and real life, too), I'm not sure when I'll get around to it, so I'd say draw names for everyone else if you want, and I'll take a new pair when I finally finish Mickie/Becky.
Sounds like a plan, I’ll draw some new names, and maybe I’ll make a new thread for round 2? So this one thread doesn’t end up going on for a million years lol.

When I say character development I don’t necessarily mean it has to be really dramatic. You can go a more subtle route and just flesh out some more aspects of their existing character, to me that still counts as development.